To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Here's another thing of note I found in GT5.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Dimensional travel/BFR for Qliphah? :hm

Unless you want to be like "oh it only applies because of her connection to the Imaginary Number District" or something like that.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Unless you want to be like "oh it only applies because of her connection to the Imaginary Number District" or something like that.
And in that novel Qlipha was in and out of the prison designed to contain Accelerator without destroying it.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I mean, that's pretty much what it sounds like. Also the imaginary numbers district is only in AC meaning said bfr would only work in AC.

Mr.OMG

Paramount
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

By the way, it is explicitly said here that the Imaginary District is Phase, and that Phase is cut off from the ordinary world and humanity.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
By the way, it is explicitly said here that the Imaginary District is Phase, and that Phase is cut off from the ordinary world and humanity.
I don't know, wouldn't it still be because of her connection to the Imaginary Number District (don't remember how she would be though) or is it a legit feat of travelling across dimensions that can be used in an actual fight outside of the verse?

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
So I was arguing with someone earlier and was just wondering, when were Accelerator's Wings (doesn't matter which stage/version) ever stated to be unstable/require physical stamina to upkeep or otherwise exist on a time limit of some kind?

Mr.OMG

Paramount
So I was arguing with someone earlier and was just wondering, when were Accelerator's Wings (doesn't matter which stage/version) ever stated to be unstable/require physical stamina to upkeep or otherwise exist on a time limit of some kind?
Kakine said something similar in the second round.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Misaka in the main series: A literal deer in headlights that can’t even handle an amateur magician in GT 1, over-compensates with OP magic technology, rarely gets things done anyway

Misaka in Railgun: Literally throws hands with a Holistic Esper that also has one of Touma’s dragonic monstrosities that eats Black Holes symbiotically attached to her.

vnt9SAL.jpg

OWHCKil.jpg

aXoXqi7.jpg

ufWr2Gc.jpg

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Remind me, does Accelerator actually need to make physical contact to do the Clonoth/Thelema/reality warping/Holism soul drop kick shit or is it something he can just.. do with the tree?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
He did it while not even in the same location Coronzon was in when he yeeted her soul out. It’s a galaxy spanning effect

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
So was the galaxy shaking force a result of him using the Clonoth itself or was him doing that through a physical blow/strength given to him via the Clonoth? Like did it buff his strength/durability or was it more like an offensive spell of if you will.

I don't remember the quote exactly, though I guess they're sort of the same thing :hm

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The Clonoth caused the phenomenon but Accelerator focused all that power onto Coronzon

“Are you trying to apply a powerful external pressure to remove my soul from this temporary body!?”

The microcosm of the body and the macrocosm of the planet were linked.

When something happened to one, it affected the other.

That theory was usually applied to use the micro as a way of moving the macro. To put it extremely simply, refining magic power in the body and moving the arms or legs would distort the larger physical world and produce flames or ice from the hand.

But this monster was different.

He used the macro as a way of moving the micro.

By adding a large tree to the cosmos and thoroughly shaking the world out to the ends of the galaxy, he was applying a physical blow to a single person’s flesh and blood.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Wait a minute, could Accelerator technically create a black hole? :hm

Like a legit one, I know he made a pseudo one in the Accelerator manga iirc.

One and Only

Illustrious

Like a legit one, I know he made a pseudo one in the Accelerator manga iirc.

Probably not on his own power. If someone hit him hard enough he could probably manipulate existing vectors to create one though.

That brings me to a another question, why can't Accelerator arbitrarily increase the magnitude of his attacks? Is there any actual proof that Accelerator actually increases magnitude from nothing? He does hit harder than he gets sometimes but that can be explained as his sheer precision and control over forces. Merely reducing the surface area of a attack while keeping the energy constant will increase the density, pressure or destructive power exponentially, talkless of being able to target individual particulate matter or is the reason his powers just works like that?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Probably not on his own power. If someone hit him hard enough he could probably manipulate existing vectors to create one though.

That brings me to a personal question, why can't Accelerator arbitrarily increase the magnitude of his attacks? Is there any actual proof that Accelerator actually increases magnitude from nothing? He does hit harder than he gets sometimes but that can be explained as his sheer precision and control over forces. Merely reducing the surface area of a beam while keeping the energy constant will increase the density, pressure or destructive power exponentially. Or is the reason it just works like that?
I'm of the opinion that he does do that, or at least he should be able to in theory.
I mean, he controls the MAGNITUDE and direction of stuff.

Hence why I suggested that him being able to "create" a legit black hole should hypothetically be possible.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
By the way, it seems to say that Tangram is opposed to Othinus. Now I definitely want to know the translation of this passage.
Probably going to have to take that up with js06 who translates anything Kamachi related. In the mean time, what’s the scan? I could ask a friend of mine who reads Japanese to tell me

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
What I remember, no.
In other words, many things could be speculated, but without something more precise, it is preferable not to overthink their abilities.

That brings me to a another question, why can't Accelerator arbitrarily increase the magnitude of his attacks?
I remember two times he did something like that.

When Mugino fired a Meltdowner at him which Accelerator amplified to annihilate 3 Kakine bodies.

When Lolister shoots Mathers with the optic beam and Accelerator also doubles the power of the laser by touching it.

Mr.OMG

Paramount
Probably going to have to take that up with js06 who translates anything Kamachi related. In the mean time, what’s the scan? I could ask a friend of mine who reads Japanese to tell me
This seems to be supplementary material for Virtual On. And it seems to say explicitly that ToAru has a multiverse even in canon, like there are an infinite number of "worlds" in Virtual On, but only one "world" in ToAru.

Back