• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
If Shirou vs Touma as a Death Battle ever happens.. it's not looking good for him :wow

Cubey

The Formality
maxresdefault.jpg

You guys wanna explain this? :lit

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
St. Germain Touma vs Shirou with Archer’s arm would be cool.

Both using powers their bodies shouldn’t be handling, Shirou projects swords while Touma can produce magical diamond constructs with just the carbon in the air, and both on a limit for how long they can sustain themselves

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
uh yeah anyway that's basically an example of what happens when Touma's arm gets lopped off (it happens occasionally)

(the entity within manifests differently depending on his mindset and how much of the arm is crushed or destroyed)

Cubey

The Formality
uh yeah anyway that's basically an example of what happens when Touma's arm gets lopped off (it happens occasionally)

(the entity within manifests differently depending on his mindset and how much of the arm is crushed or destroyed)

Niiiiiice :amazing

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
maxresdefault.jpg

You guys wanna explain this? :lit
The iteration of Dragon Strike used against Level 6 Misaka

According to the Railgun mangaka, each Dragon has their own distinct powers

fAH3Tc0DBzxKzCjlS5gXgALvqrMK-XuzLGznu2yGxj8.jpg

-First Dragon (the one that appears in the fight against Aureolus Izzard): This dragon specializes in decursing and psychological attacks. If it bites you, you could have your memories destroyed.

-Blind Dragon: The blind dragon is a darkness dragon. It too has a powerful psychological effect, so you'll be overcome with terror and confusion when it's nearby.

-One-eyed Cobra Dragon: The one-eyed cobra dragon is a water dragon that summons rainstorms. Its fangs contain the undiluted concept of poison, so anything living it bites will either die or experience a fate worse than death.

-Four-eyed Dragon: The four-eyed dragon has multiple eye powers. It has illusion and hypnotism powers that can blur the line between dreams and reality. It is also a singer with a beautiful voice that can shatter even Shadow Metal.

-Corpse Flame Dragon: The corpse flame dragon is an undead fire dragon with flames erupting from its bones. It damages things with an energy drain that seemingly burns life force itself.

-Ice Crystal Dragon: The ice crystal dragon is as tough and solid as the planet itself and it breaths ice.

-Spear Head Dragon: The spear head dragon releases lightning from its body and fires lasers from its mouth.

The angel dragon's traits and powers are a secret since Mikoto is fighting it in the current Railgun manga arc.

For the Angel Dragon, it’s powers included being able to absorb the energy released from black holes across the universe, fire beams of light that turned whatever they touched to salt, and can fire feathers whose effects on the target vary - if the target consumed the user of the Angel Dragon’s blood prior, their mind controlled. If they didn’t, the feather lethally raises the sodium levels in their body and kills them soon.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Cubey For getting into the series, you could watch the Index anime but it’s a pretty weak adaptation. Novels are the way to go and the OP of this thread has provided links on where to read them.

^ Even people that enjoyed the Index anime enough that it got them into the series admits their poor adaptations

The main Toaru Reddit pages likewise provides links on reading the first series and New Testament. Genesis Testament, the currently ongoing series can be read on Baka Tsuki but of course, don’t read it until you’ve read the original and New Testament

Can read Railgun whenever you want. It’s self contained and doesn’t require Index to get into it, especially since chronologically, the first arc of Railgun happens before Index

Anime or manga is fine for Railgun. Manga has better pacing and focus on the story, but some of the filler Railgun anime adds is genuinely good and the anime does flesh out a lot of characters.

Have fun man, your about to enjoy peak fiction.

Cubey

The Formality
The iteration of Dragon Strike used against Level 6 Misaka

According to the Railgun mangaka, each Dragon has their own distinct powers

fAH3Tc0DBzxKzCjlS5gXgALvqrMK-XuzLGznu2yGxj8.jpg

-First Dragon (the one that appears in the fight against Aureolus Izzard): This dragon specializes in decursing and psychological attacks. If it bites you, you could have your memories destroyed.

-Blind Dragon: The blind dragon is a darkness dragon. It too has a powerful psychological effect, so you'll be overcome with terror and confusion when it's nearby.

-One-eyed Cobra Dragon: The one-eyed cobra dragon is a water dragon that summons rainstorms. Its fangs contain the undiluted concept of poison, so anything living it bites will either die or experience a fate worse than death.

-Four-eyed Dragon: The four-eyed dragon has multiple eye powers. It has illusion and hypnotism powers that can blur the line between dreams and reality. It is also a singer with a beautiful voice that can shatter even Shadow Metal.

-Corpse Flame Dragon: The corpse flame dragon is an undead fire dragon with flames erupting from its bones. It damages things with an energy drain that seemingly burns life force itself.

-Ice Crystal Dragon: The ice crystal dragon is as tough and solid as the planet itself and it breaths ice.

-Spear Head Dragon: The spear head dragon releases lightning from its body and fires lasers from its mouth.

The angel dragon's traits and powers are a secret since Mikoto is fighting it in the current Railgun manga arc.

For the Angel Dragon, it’s powers included being able to absorb the energy released from black holes across the universe, fire beams of light that turned whatever they touched to salt, and can fire feathers whose effects on the target vary - if the target consumed the user of the Angel Dragon’s blood prior, their mind controlled. If they didn’t, the feather lethally raises the sodium levels in their body and kills them soon.

Fucking lit 🔥

@Cubey For getting into the series, you could watch the Index anime but it’s a pretty weak adaptation. Novels are the way to go and the OP of this thread has provided links on where to read them.

^ Even people that enjoyed the Index anime enough that it got them into the series admits their poor adaptations

The main Toaru Reddit pages likewise provides links on reading the first series and New Testament. Genesis Testament, the currently ongoing series can be read on Baka Tsuki but of course, don’t read it until you’ve read the original and New Testament

Can read Railgun whenever you want. It’s self contained and doesn’t require Index to get into it, especially since chronologically, the first arc of Railgun happens before Index

Anime or manga is fine for Railgun. Manga has better pacing on focus on the story, but some of the filler Railgun has is genuinely good and the anime does flesh out a lot of characters.

Have fun man, your about to enjoy peak fiction.

I had no intention of watching the adaptations, was gonna jump straight into the light novels lel

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
One thing that anime never fails at: the soundtrack

Got this motif playing in my head whenever I’m reading a part where Touma’s doing something awesome

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Cubey

Once you’ve read Volume 5 of the first series, you can check out the Accelerator anime which adapts the first half of it.

As I mentioned before, the first half of Accelerator’s spin-off’s okay and the anime did a terrific job with it, especially with improving the art compared to the manga

I actually like how Accelerator and Last Order look here compared to Index / Railgun anime

Cubey

The Formality
@Cubey

Once you’ve read Volume 5 of the first series, you can check out the Accelerator anime which adapts the first half of it.

As I mentioned before, the first half of Accelerator’s spin-off’s okay and the anime did a terrific job with it, especially with improving the art compared to the manga

I actually like how Accelerator and Last Order look here compared to Index / Railgun anime

Will do, m8. Where do I pick up Accelerator novel/manga after concluding the anime? :hm

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Will do, m8. Where do I pick up Accelerator novel/manga after concluding the anime? :hm
There’s no Accelerator novel. Just a manga, same with Railgun which you can read the manga or warch the anime, either is fine when it comes to Railgun.

The Accelerator anime adapts the first arc, the second arc is only the manga so far and it sucks. Series got cancelled afterwards and the second arc doesn’t even contribute anything in the story beyond telling you what Accel was up to right before the Tree Diagram arc in Index where he punches Awaki’s lights out. Can easily skip the Accel manga altogether and just watch the anime.

Just remember to have read the first five volumes of Index since unlike Railgun, the Accel spin-off expects you to understand Accelerator and the characters surrounding him beforehand

Once you’ve read the first light novel series and beginning New Testament and checked out Railgun and Accelerator, I’ll tell you more spin-offs and material to look into

Cubey

The Formality
There’s no Accelerator novel. Just a manga, same with Railgun which you can read the manga or warch the anime, either is fine when it comes to Railgun.

The Accelerator anime adapts the first arc, the second arc is only the manga so far and it sucks. Series got cancelled afterwards and the second arc doesn’t even contribute anything in the story beyond telling you what Accel was up to right before the Tree Diagram arc in Index where he punches Awaki’s lights out. Can easily skip the Accel manga altogether and just watch the anime.

Just remember to have read the first five volumes of Index since unlike Railgun, the Accel spin-off expects you to understand Accelerator and the characters surrounding him beforehand

Once you’ve read the first light novel series and beginning New Testament and checked out Railgun and Accelerator, I’ll tell you more spin-offs and material to look into

Aight cool thanks

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And before people say all the Railgun anime added was yuri bait with its filler

I very much appreciated this reference to one of the best sci-fi movies ever made.

Kuroko being the subhuman ape discovering tools for the first time was a nice touch as well.

Back