To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Of all the things to criticize, it’s the fanservice from more than half these posts.

Why I’m glad this series is relatively gatekept and not all that mainstream in the West for plebes to latch onto and try to force their identity politics into it.

I’d hate for this fandom to end up like the Guilty Gear fandom.

My big criticism: Certain characters and interesting concepts not being explored enough, mainly on the Magic side. Too much focus on Academy City and making a cast of characters that’s become just unreasonably huge at this point by regularly introducing a whole new group with each volume at this point.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I can see it now. Seike, a crossdresser who fully acknowledges their a man and identifies as such and it’s all just part of their cosplay hobby, being the next Bridget, while completely ignoring the actual character

And Accelerator and Misaka are now bigots for beating Seike even though identity politics has nothing to do with the cause for either fight

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
All I see is nothing by Touma praising in the fandom these days.

Mikoto when she isn’t getting mocked or memed, her actual fans are content with her being the MC of Railgun and heavy involvement in the main series. Accel fans these days at most wish he’d just get back to being as involved in the story as he was in the first two series

Most of these types of people are anime-onlys which are rare these days given we haven’t had an anime in 4 years now

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
IMG_20240430_055806.jpg

IMG_20240430_055826.jpg

IMG_20240430_055841.jpg

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
all jokes aside unless that shit gets a translation I have no clue lol

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It's been a while, but how far are the ToAru Saints currently scale?

By feats and calculations they have things at the city level, island level and a couple of things that could be country level, but Elizard had a fight with Accelerator base and Acqua absorbed a quarter of Gabriel's energy (energy that can go from Continental to Large Planet), I don't know Kanzaki also cut Coronzon's hair but it is very difficult to know the durability of that, she also faced Crowley but was easily defeated.

We can also say that any Saint is weaker than any level 5 awake mode because of Index's comment with Accel black wings but also because Misaki to reach her Awake and equal Misaka level 5.3 took away the powers of Kazakiri who is stronger than a saint.

Back