To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
In GT9?

JVA did a lot.

Countering Dragon King Touma's reality warping with his own, insane precog/simulation of the "world" that enables him to pull out basically anything like a Gate of Babylon on cosmic steroids, a passive defense that makes him non-existent, etc.

Last edited:

Churronzon

By the way, what feats did CRC do?
Kamachi unveiled a new power system via willpower (y’know, the basis of magick) without explaining it 🥲
He had sensed something worthy of his interest.

“You eliminated my attacks without permission? No, this is a simple matter of willpower. Any attack launched without a powerful intent to kill will be swallowed up and destroyed. And any attack that misses its mark swiftly loses all meaning.”

“…”

“After experiencing an improbably uniform amount of misfortune, you loathe lucky shots from your enemy. And this old man loathes all coincidental actions that go against my passions and playfulness. I see. Our clashing wills have distorted space on the macro level. But,” said Rosencreutz with a mocking grin. He held his palm out to the side, casually aiming at the wall there. “Kee hee hee, ee hee, hwa ha ha ha ha ha!! That leaves me plenty of room to play. As long as this old man directs his intent to kill toward those strangers, I can still hit them!”

Space was immediately sliced through over a distance of more than 100m.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Before I add this to the Respect thread since I’ll be covering Magic God speed feats which Othinus takes up the lion’s share of, wanted to hear some of your opinions on this calc I put together for her crossbow

For an extreme low end by assuming Touma and Othinus fought at the very middle of the universe, ignoring the black void their in is the result of destroying ALL Phases, just going observable universe size, and going by a second, those crossbows would need to have been moving at 14 billion parsecs at second.

Or 4.31994861*10^26 meters per second. And Touma was dodging those things like no one’s business.

And if this sounds insane, the novels themselves describe those crossbow shots with the following:

In the end, the world was her crossbow.

As soon as Kamijou Touma realized that, ten pieces of destruction rained down from the
heavenly dome above.

What exactly could this be compared to?

Perhaps a super-long railgun that targeted someone on the planet's surface after eternal
acceleration using straight guiderails stretching from one end of the universe to the other.

Perhaps a singularity weapon that created destruction unexplainable with Newtonian
physics by directly messing with the smallest particles dealing with mass and motion such
as the bosons and the Higgs particle.

In all likelihood, expressing it with words was meaningless.

Even if one gathered everything that could be expressed with words, it was unlikely one
could shoot down that crossbow.

And the superior White Queen makes the above look slow when she destroyed the universe in a Plank second, which was measured at 1.50 x 10^62 as a low end.

@Hiryuu @One and Only @Paxton @Cryso Agori @fiamma @Churronzon @Cubey

And especially you @Top59 since your the calc expert here

Last edited:

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Before I add this to the Respect thread since I’ll be covering Magic God speed feats which Othinus takes up the lion’s share of, wanted to hear some of your opinions on this calc I put together for her crossbow

For an extreme low end by assuming Touma and Othinus fought at the very middle of the universe, ignoring the black void their in is the result of destroying ALL Phases, just going observable universe size, and going by a second, those crossbows would need to have been moving at 14 billion parsecs at second.

Or 4.31994861*10^25 meters per second. And Touma was dodging those things like no one’s business.

And if this sounds insane, the novels themselves describe those crossbow shots with the following:

And the superior White Queen makes the above look slow when she destroyed the universe in a Plank second, which was measured at 1.50 x 10^62 as a low end.

@Hiryuu @One and Only @Paxton @Cryso Agori @fiamma @Churronzon @Cubey

And especially you @Top59 since your the calc expert here
Well I calculated that arrow speed, among other speed feats of the Magic Gods but I was too lazy to post it here.

https://www.fanverse.org/threads/toaru-feats-calculation.1231745/post-65361042

I also calculated Accelerator's pre-headshot information processing speed was quite high but still lower than the processing speed of a grimoire.

I know that Alice threw a set of mugs light years away in a tantrum and it seems to me that it specifically says that she can handle her speed with her power, I haven't followed GT at the moment so I don't know if there is any speed feat calculable.

Whitequeen's feat is one of the fastest things I have read but I don't know if it scales to the Magic Gods, beyond the crossover issue, she seemed more powerful to me, even in their series they summoned a Nyang Nyang and she was easily defeated.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Not scaling to the White Queen who I even said is superior. Just brought it up to show that God tiers of the Kamachiverse in general are absurdly fast.

@Top59 There’s no way it took Othinus even a minute, let alone several for those crossbows to reach the ends of that black void

Even the 1 second I’m going by is stretching it based on this:

The final arrow broke through the girl’s entire body and assaulted Kamijou from the blind spot directly in front of him.

“…Ah.”

Time stopped.

He was too slow to react.

By the time he heard a dull sound, the final arrow had already been absorbed into his chest and accurately targeted his heart.

This was nothing as kind as piercing or breaking him.

In the instant of impact, Kamijou Touma’s body was smashed to pieces from the chest down. As his heart continued to writhe in midair, the tip of the arrow caught it and blasted it to the farthest reaches of that world.

All that remained in that place were the boy’s arms, shoulders, and head.

At that level, this could only be called his remains.

Kamijou’s “body” spun at least twice through the air and Othinus caught it in one hand.

^ It was already blasted to the ends of the universe before what was left of Touma even had time to spin through the air after being hit.

Last edited:

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Not scaling to the White Queen who I even said is superior. Just brought it up to show that God tiers of the Kamachiverse in general are absurdly fast.

@Top59 There’s no way it took Othinus even a minute, let alone several for those crossbows to reach the ends of that black void

Even the 1 second I’m going by is stretching it based on this:

^ It was already blasted to the ends of the universe before what was left of Touma even had time to spin through the air after being hit.
I used minutes to have a more solid time frame with it being before the heart stopped beating, it still doesn't change THAT much in the grand scheme of things, it would still be in the quadrillions c range, maybe low quintillions c in the high end.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I used minutes to have a more solid time frame with it being before the heart stopped beating, it still doesn't change THAT much in the grand scheme of things, it would still be in the quadrillions c range, maybe low quintillions c in the high end.
Interesting, I got a much bigger number.

I did my calc by taking the observable universe size (about 28 billion parsecs) divided it in two for a rough estimate by assuming Touma and Othinus fought in the center for a literal middle ground, and then took the speed it takes to cross that 14 billion parsecs in one second by going by how many meters are in that number of parsecs

14000000000 parsecs = 4.32 × 10^26 meters

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Oh wait, forgot to divide by speed of light to get the number for how many times faster than light it is. This is why I need more sleep

4.32 × 10^26 meters/second / 299792458 meters/second

Final result = 1.4409969 × 10^18 times the speed of light

So yeah, it’s about 1.4 Quintillion times Faster than Light. Still not bad at all.

@Top59

Math was always my worst subject throughout high school and college. History and Literature/ Writing was always more my thing

Sue me.

Last edited:

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Oh wait, forgot to divide by speed of light to get the number for how many times faster than light it is. This is why I need more sleep

4.32 × 10^26 meters/second / 299792458 meters/second

Final result = 1.4409969e+18 times the speed of light

So yeah, it’s in the Quintillion of times FTL

@Top59

Math was always my worst subject throughout high school and college. History and Literature/ Writing was always more my thing

Sue me.
Unless something has happened in GT that I don't know about, the highest speed in the series is Crowley's Big Bang Bomb and the processing capacity of the climate satellite.

The problem is that no one has managed to react the BBB, power scaling a satellite... the argument would have to be developed a lot, it is not so taken out of nowhere because it is known that grimoires have a similar processing capacity and the Magic Gods are recorded in their minds many grimoires but no direct statement in his processing speed.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Unless something has happened in GT that I don't know about, the highest speed in the series is Crowley's Big Bang Bomb and the processing capacity of the climate satellite.

The problem is that no one has managed to react the BBB, power scaling a satellite... the argument would have to be developed a lot, it is not so taken out of nowhere because it is known that grimoires have a similar processing capacity and the Magic Gods are recorded in their minds many grimoires but no direct statement in his processing speed.
Fastest would actually be True Gremlin moving about in a Phase where every gap extends infinitely, showing their outside the bounds of space and time altogether.

I guess you could scale Crowley themselves to that feat, since they initiated that spell in a Plank second but I’ve no idea how to measure that.

One last thing to consider, all the above is taking the black void as 1 universe when it blatantly isn’t. Go by several low end statements for the amount of worlds Othinus made throughout that volume before destroying them all into that void, and you can slap at least 9 more zeros to that 1.4 quintillion, making it 1.4 octillion

Last edited:

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
guess you could scale Crowley themselves to that feat, since they initiated that spell in a Plank second but I’ve no idea how to measure that.

Time frame: 1e-44s

The explosion happened in a tiny time frame, so I need to know the distance.

Although these things change shape, they generally measure 130 cm

Since I don't have a visual reference of the explosion, I'll take the 130 cm diameter for the low end and the 130 cm radius for the high end.

Distance (low end): 0.65m

Distance (High End): 1.30m

Big Bang Bomb speed (low end): 0.65/1e-44 = 6.5e+43 m/s or 216 Decillions c

Big Bang Bomb speed (High end): 1.3/1e-44 = 1.3e+44 m/s or 433 Decillions c

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Im wondering what it takes to think within a Plank second

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Shouldn't Flaming;Sword also be mentioned?

Pretty sure traversing down the Sephirah in... 0 time(?) would be arguably faster than Gungnir.

Nerfed MGs already have statements of destroying the "world" (and thus logically scale to Othinus), yet Flaming;Sword is portrayed as being impossible to react for anyone present.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Because we have no idea the exact number of Phases the Sephiroth is made up of or anything of its exact scale for that matter, just stick to the comparisons made of Flaming Sword to both Gungnir and Othinus’ crossbow for its speed and power

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
The Sephiroth doesn't really "make" phases such as Heaven, Hell, Asgard, etc per se

Human thought/observation shapes the already present formless energy into those realms

but I agree that this is basically nitpicking

Back