To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Tangram seems to be more actively involved in the game. Interesting

@Trytostopme how much does the story in the video game deviate from the novel?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The events of the game take place after the events of the Othinus arc. Several storylines of characters take place in the game at the same time (for example, Kuroko creates a harem, Kanzaki enters the AS in order to investigate, Misaki and Misaka works together on tournament, etc) which periodically intersect and then reduced to a single story and final. Game itself is not very long (fight is like at least 30% of the game).

All CToaru and Virtual-On crossovers (game and novel) should be canon (iirc Kamachi in booklet or somewhere else said that he needed to rewrite events in the end of novel so that story would fit and not contradict the main plot of Toaru series, but it's not that important).
That last part is important. Do you have a link to show that?

And harem getting herself a harem… did she discover the Misaka clones? Lol

One and Only

Illustrious
What's the mechanic behind Accelerator's resistance to Puzzle and Nephy mind hax?

Is from Vector Control? In which case any hypothetical telepath would only require strong power nullification to potentially bypass?

Or is it just raw 'i'm built different' like the rest of index high tiers? Which in that case a very very powerful telepath like Charles Xavier can blow through?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It’s some kind of force coming from the mind to affect his so he redirects it like anything else

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
What's the mechanic behind Accelerator's resistance to Puzzle and Nephy mind hax?

Is from Vector Control? In which case any hypothetical telepath would only require strong power nullification to potentially bypass?

Or is it just raw 'i'm built different' like the rest of index high tiers? Which in that case a very very powerful telepath like Charles Xavier can blow through?
I mean... that's gonna have to be some pretty potent stuff to work on it :mjlol

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Current Accel, hell no. Especially with these recent upgrade for Magic Gods that his vector can reflect the attacks of
Magic Gods and their ilk are now (or at least should be) comfortably multiversal+ at the least right?

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Does anyone have the scan of Accelerator apparently being able to manipulate time vectors in the Durarara crossover?

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Does anyone have the scan of Accelerator apparently being able to manipulate time vectors in the Durarara crossover?
Not exactly

"Compared to his actual ability name, "Vector Manipulation".... What is this?"

"It means what it means, literally. The ability to observe the "direction" of various phenomena, and manipulate them according to one's own will, such as kinetic energy, light, sound, heat, and electricity. The ability to trick the world, changing gravity energy into buoyancy, and in extreme cases, to manipulate the vector of time, in a limited sense.”

In the face of Izaya's exaggerations, Namie responded with a sigh.

"Even though you don't understand the concept of time very well, you still said that..."

"It's that sort of illogical ability. Although it's probably logical for a place like Academy City, in our world, it's something beyond our logic."

"Illogical ability, huh."

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Does anyone have the scans on Accelerator's Platinum Wings having a time limit besides them being dependent on his connection to Qliphah/the Clonoth/the Misaka Network (which is kind of a moot point anyway since he can just charge his choker lmao)?

I know the earlier Wings did, but I don't remember the exact nature of the time limit being described.

And apparently the Wings don't have redirection applied to them? What's that about? :hm

Last edited:

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Does anyone have the scans on Accelerator's Platinum Wings having a time limit besides them being dependent on his connection to Qliphah/the Clonoth/the Misaka Network (which is kind of a moot point anyway since he can just charge his choker lmao)?

I know the earlier Wings did, but I don't remember the exact nature of the time limit being described.

And apparently the Wings don't have redirection applied to them? What's that about? :hm
As far as my memory goes, I think that the exact time that the wings last is never said, we only intuit that it lasts a short time because he has never been seen for a long time with them activated and Kakine commented that he could hold out until Accelerator deactivated his wings but Kakine has infinite stamina, it could be anywhere from minutes to days based on that.

One and Only

Illustrious
A few questions here if people don't mind.

How many power systems are there in Toaru? I myself classified it internally as AIM Espers, Magicians and Natural Born Reality Warpers. Ignoring subsystems like magical Hermeticism, Christian mysticism, Egyptian mysticism, unconventional Espers like Rensa, would that be correct?

Where would Aiwass and Coronzon fall under? Before I classified them as the natural Reality warpers like Gemstones since they assumingly predate humanity and therefore predate magic right? But they clearly wield magic too.

What about Lilith and her miracles? Her powers are neither science nor magic but at the same time it was produced as a result of measures taken by Aleister and Aiwass. What would be the best was to classify all this systems?

Another question is how large exactly is the insides of Aleister's Windowless Building?

Another one is Accelerator does pre platinum wing Accelerator have any feats or scaling for soul resistance? The ones I usually find are... arguable.

The final most confusing question for me is Black Wings Accelerator. How powerful can we legitimately have him?

Shall we take Awakened Kakine statements word for word and narrative implications to assume Black Wings Accel Invisible power is planetary in strength?

Or should we take his Index statements of more 'Telesma than a Saint' and his on scene feats to assume he is merely Island or Mountain Range level in raw power?

Are the Wings protected by Vector Control? Is there any quote that confirm they amp his calculation power cause I can't find any.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
A few questions here if people don't mind.

How many power systems are there in Toaru? I myself classified it internally as AIM Espers, Magicians and Natural Born Reality Warpers. Ignoring subsystems like magical Hermeticism, Christian mysticism, Egyptian mysticism, unconventional Espers like Rensa, would that be correct?

Where would Aiwass and Coronzon fall under? Before I classified them as the natural Reality warpers like Gemstones since they assumingly predate humanity and therefore predate magic right? But they clearly wield magic too.

What about Lilith and her miracles? Her powers are neither science nor magic but at the same time it was produced as a result of measures taken by Aleister and Aiwass. What would be the best was to classify all this systems?

Another question is how large exactly is the insides of Aleister's Windowless Building?

Another one is Accelerator does pre platinum wing Accelerator have any feats or scaling for soul resistance? The ones I usually find are... arguable.

The final most confusing question for me is Black Wings Accelerator. How powerful can we legitimately have him?

Shall we take Awakened Kakine statements word for word and narrative implications to assume Black Wings Accel Invisible power is planetary in strength?

Or should we take his Index statements of more 'Telesma than a Saint' and his on scene feats to assume he is merely Island or Mountain Range level in raw power?

Are the Wings protected by Vector Control? Is there any quote that confirm they amp his calculation power cause I can't find any.
That's about right. There's artificial Espers, gemstone Espers, and Magic users. Miracles are a separate thing entirely (the main girl in the Endymion movies to mind, yeah it's not canon at least from what I remember, but it wouldn't be the first time Kamachi did something like that).

Aiwass and Coronzon are... weird. Both are "transcendental lifeforms", one being from the Pure World and other from the Abyss of Da'at. Both can and have used magic, and that's about all I can say on that.

I always interpreted the wings as enabling him to use remote vector control (though really he can already in base, since he took the vectors/energy of the entire planet with the wall throw he did, unless you want to stretch the definition of "physical contact") or just being "prototype" versions of the Clonoth/Platinum Wings (though I think they're separate(?) things iirc).

I don't think they are, which is kind of weird. And they apparently don't amp his calculation ability..? :hm

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
Miracles are a separate thing entirely (the main girl in the Endymion movies to mind, yeah it's not canon at least from what I remember, but it wouldn't be the first time Kamachi did something like that).
Hmmm... no I think Endymion is canon. Kamachi wrote an entire novel leading up to that (the road to Endymion side story one).

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Hmmm... no I think Endymion is canon. Kamachi wrote an entire novel leading up to that (the road to Endymion side story one).
Damn Phases and their retroactive effects.

Que that one panel of Uiharu and Saten discussing how it's "always been there" and isn't a retcon. :mjlol

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
As the movie showed it definitely always was there, visible in the backgrounds of all these scenes :maybe
WzF21pK.gif

Back