To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Anyone that finds Mugino wearing a night gown offensive would utterly lose their shit over ebora’s art.
So Mugino is so hot that she is offensive :hm

the kind of work Nogi Yasuhito was doing before Kamachi hired them to do Astral Buddy and Mental Out
What was Nogi doing? Was he a hentai artist like other mangakas or was he something more shady?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
So Mugino is so hot that she is offensive :hm

What was Nogi doing? Was he a hentai artist like other mangakas or was he something more shady?
Wrote doujins, including ones of Toaru. Is quite the Shokuhou fan even before he got officially hired to do actual work of the series

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
4DhHSlt.png

Index 181 cover with Mordred Second Princess Carissa

Chapter out and fully translated on mangapill. A few details of the fight left out that I wished were kept but excellent job with the manga version of Acqua vs Knight Leader

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Does anyone have the quote where Aleister "blew up" the Hidden World?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Niang-Niang pouted her lips as she continued.

“Honestly, why did Aleister have to thoughtlessly destroy our hidden world? Maybe we really should’ve killed him.”

“We are not like Othinus,” replied the High Priest. “You yourself said so, Niang-Niang. Not that we can shamelessly call ourselves harmless.”

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I mean the specific quote where he does so, because if I'm remembering it correctly it wasn't really direct "destruction" :hm

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
That’s the only mention of what happened. Aleister destroyed it in the aftermath of their battle before escaping for his life

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I'm like 99% sure there's a quote that mentions how the Hidden World "barrier" was torn down and then it sort of dissipated naturally (?)

@RoyalFanta should know what I'm talking about if they're the Fanta I'm thinking of:hm

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
All expression vanished from the face of the human known as Crowley.

He held a twisted silver staff in his hand and his lips carried a single name.

Beast666.

That name had once been used by the man who led the world’s most famous modern Western magic cabal to destruction from within.

“You really are human. I’m a little jealous of that emotion, but that isn’t enough. I am about to tie it all together, so could you stick around a little longer?”

“Oh, you’re gonna tell him about that☆” said a girl’s voice with a giggle.

“This is about Aiwass, that cornerstone of your plan that you went to such great lengths to raise.”

The old man’s voice contained a cruelty unfitting to his age.

Far from reaching enlightenment, desire dripped from his words like juice from a thick cut of meat.

“It’s a complete failure, young one. You’re going to be at your wits’ end before long.”

A moment later, a clash occurred somewhere in the world.

The next scene with Aleister is him recovering from his injuries while taking a call with Kihara Noukan.

“Have you found something to make up for what happened?” asked the golden retriever walking with Kihara Yuiitsu. “It was clearly a mistake to contact the Magic Gods at that point. Did you finally learn your lesson now that you have to recover from getting a third of your body burned so badly?”

“It was necessary regardless.”

“You have a bad habit of sounding rational when you’re actually handling everything through emotion.”

Nothing else in between. We just know from Niang-Niang that Aleister destroyed their world to force them out in the open

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The next scene with Aleister is him recovering from his injuries while taking a call with Kihara Noukan.

Nothing else in between. We just know from Niang-Niang that Aleister destroyed their world to force them out in the open
It could be added that they describe that the Hidden World was left as a black space and already.

Darkness covered the entire area.

Not only could one not see an inch in front of their face, but the darkness seemed to pass through their eyeballs and bear down on their mind.

However, the people drifting through that darkness showed no concern. They implicitly said that this was the natural state of the world or that someone had yet to whisper “let there be light”.

Direction and depth were indistinguishable in that black space,

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It could be added that they describe that the Hidden World was left as a black space and already.
could be the ruins of it. Either way, it was a plot point that it was destroyed and they were forced into the main universe by Crowley’s actions rather than continue to manipulate things from their dimension like they’ve been doing

We also know that it was accomplished through the Blasting Rod + Spiritual Tripping Combo since besides summoning deities, nerf spells with prep, and a conditional BFR, that’s always been Crowley’s main method of offense to the point where Orsola being immune to Spiritual Tripping as Isis-Demeter constantly changing her perception of what she sees alone hard countered Crowley and left him unable to really damage her without Spiritual Tripping

So Aleister also destroyed that Phase in a very directly destructive manner

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Although. there is this quote, where it's implied Aleister "converted" the non-existent space of the Hidden World into being "real", for lack of a better word.
"Aleister Crowley the Human."

This magician had silver hair that reached his ankles and wore a green hospital gown. That human looked both male and female, both childlike and aged, and both saintly and sinful. His expression as he answered could have been interpreted as any number of emotions.

"Letting Othinus run free would have been a problem, but I left that to the strength of the world. The world was temporarily led to destruction as a result, but I still had to prioritize this. It wasn't easy converting coordinates filled with non-existent numbers into decimal."

Their safe territory was gone.

They would now be thrown out into the existing world and pursued by the people who lived there

"Someone" spoke after calculating out how much this truth would influence their plans.

This "someone" spoke with a graceful voice.

"Your attempt to destroy magic is quite eccentric as well. If you had turned that obsession in the right direction, you could have been a part of Gremlin too."

Of course, this could just be referring to him actually making his way to it rather than any sort of weird "conversion" :hm

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Of course, this could just be referring to him actually making his way to it rather than any sort of weird "conversion" :hm
that makes more sense since the narration says they will be thrown out

also does anyone have the raws for the hidden world? I keep hearing that Js06 mistranslated this part and that apparently the Hidden World is a barrier and not a phase with Aleister simply destroying the barrier.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Although. there is this quote, where it's implied Aleister "converted" the non-existent space of the Hidden World into being "real", for lack of a better word.

That’s referring to him figuring out the exact location of the Phase the Magic Gods were in among the countless ones which he noted as hard because of its state as “non-existent”

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Bro, everything in Canada is more expensive than the US, even with our current shit economy and inflation up the ass under Biden.

Sucks to buy things over there

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Bro, everything in Canada is more expensive than the US, even with our current shit economy and inflation up the ass under Biden.

Sucks to buy things over there
As the USA is the #1 economy in the world, when you have economic problems it translates into economic problems for everyone.

Currently everything in all countries are very expensive, LA is eating up inflation, in Europe they have inflation and they put more taxes, some of which are very ridiculous.

Back