• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Following that exchange, Mikoto attacked Kamijou with her full arsenal, but Kamijou negated the whole with his right hand. This time, her attacks did not end with Railgun. Her offenses ranged from twisting together collected iron sand to create a whip-like sword of steel, to sending powerful electromagnetic waves to mess with internal organs, to even finishing with a blast of real lightning from the sky.

But, none were a match for Kamijou Touma.

As long as it was supernatural, Kamijou Touma could negate it.
I was thinking something a bit more explicit than that, since that only says he negates all of her stuff (which is pretty obvious)

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I mean, I'd be willing to believe he could withstand her attacks just fine, but something a bit more clear cut would be ideal (and I'm almost certain it exists).

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Mahou Shojo Index
IMG_20230702_084738.jpg

Accel's Pokémon
IMG_20230702_084654.jpg

Bikini Kanzaki
IMG_20230702_084717.jpg

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
By the way, in IF's special story, a friend told me (since I don't know Japanese) the villain wants to kill Othinus to have the title of God slayer, she also has a conceptual ability that no living being can harm her neither the IB nor the reality warping seem to be able to overcome that immunity to the damage, for what to defeat her were the characters who had died like Frenda but the story remains unfinished and they do not explain how they returned.

It's not canon obviously, but I'm mentioning it because I found it funny that it's such an OP ability but with a very stupid weakness xd

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
We also got Leivinia w/ Gungnir

xDgHrMe.png

And another pic of Qliphah confirming she’s a Battle Character rather than support.

FIdHen8.png

I just can’t get over her design since Day 1. She looks so out of place to the rest of the series and like something out of Skullgirls rather than Toaru.

Also, the next manga cover

mVvfUNr.png

By the way, in IF's special story, a friend told me (since I don't know Japanese) the villain wants to kill Othinus to have the title of God slayer, she also has a conceptual ability that no living being can harm her neither the IB nor the reality warping seem to be able to overcome that immunity to the damage, for what to defeat her were the characters who had died like Frenda but the story remains unfinished and they do not explain how they returned.

It's not canon obviously, but I'm mentioning it because I found it funny that it's such an OP ability but with a very stupid weakness xd
Man, Frenda continues getting top billing. Even came up with a scenario of her being long dead is now an advantage

:hestonpls

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
We also got Leivinia w/ Gungnir

xDgHrMe.png

And another pic of Qliphah confirming she’s a Battle Character rather than support.

FIdHen8.png

I just can’t get over her design since Day 1. She looks so out of place to the rest of the series and like something out of Skullgirls rather than Toaru.

Also, the next manga cover

mVvfUNr.png

Man, Frenda continues getting top billing. Even came up with a scenario of her being long dead is now an advantage

:hestonpls

1ToumaFodder1

Why not canon tho?
This is canon story written by Kamachi personally which is officially happening between NT11 and NT12. It is the only one story in IF which is canon. Dead people most likely appeared because of second girl whos ability is unknown (for now).

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
A bit disappointed with how they did Coronzon for Imaginary Fest. Her ultimate is that Fire spell she used in her battle with Niang-Niang which was plenty flashy sure by Magick: Flaming_Sword is her signature move and her strongest attack.

It being reduced to a basic attack makes it so lacking. Plus it’s not a literal sword like the game depicts it. Novels describes it as a blinding flash of light traveling down the Sephirot in a zig-zag pattern to reach the Surface World and obliterate the target.

I liked how fanart depicts it more.

DfUbjIy.png

Ip1TswF.png

Last edited:

Churronzon

Notorious
Yeah I was left incredibly confused on what was going on with that since that sword construct is incredibly underwhelming and innacurate and she seemingly followed up with pure fire that was used against Niang-Niang's sparks.

But I like the pure elements regardless so eh.

1ToumaFodder1

Yeah I was left incredibly confused on what was going on with that since that sword construct is incredibly underwhelming and innacurate and she seemingly followed up with pure fire that was used against Niang-Niang's sparks.

But I like the pure elements regardless so eh.
we can assume its because she doesnt use chant at all. but that means that MFS vs accel was not the same as MFS vs touma because chant wasn't full
btw i don't see a problem with pure elements being stronger than MFS

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Is it ever implied that Coronzon can shorten the chant to do an incomplete version of MFS?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Who said Coronzon didn’t use a full incantation?

“My right hand contains Nuit of Resurrection and my left hand contains Hadit of Vengeance. Combined, they form the Circle of Ra-Hoor-Khuit, which…”

“Yo.”

The special attack released by Great Demon Coronzon clashed head-on with the Level 5 who could manipulate any and all vectors.

^ It just trails off from 1) Accel talking over her and 2) we just heard the full incantation before so it’d be repetitious for the whole thing to be written down again.

Nothing says it was weaker or Accel took on an
incomplete one. Especially since Coronzon switched tactics and never bothered with Flaming_Sword again on Accel

1ToumaFodder1

Who said Coronzon didn’t use a full incantation?

“My right hand contains Nuit of Resurrection and my left hand contains Hadit of Vengeance. Combined, they form the Circle of Ra-Hoor-Khuit, which…”

“Yo.”

The special attack released by Great Demon Coronzon clashed head-on with the Level 5 who could manipulate any and all vectors.

^ It just trails off from 1) Accel talking over her and 2) we just heard the full incantation before so it’d be repetitious for the whole thing to be written down again.

Nothing says it was weaker or Accel took on an
incomplete one. Especially since Coronzon switched tactics and never bothered with Flaming_Sword again on Accel
1. Argument with "whole thing was written before" is irrelevant since it was done two times in a row in the end of the volume. Only time it wasnt is with Accelerator.
2. Yes that's my point, nothing says it, but we can assume that based on IF (what i mean is that MFS without whole chant is weaker) which is probably not canon but whatever.
But it would be better for scaling purpose if Accelerator couldn't tore apart full power MFS :)

One and Only

Illustrious
1. Argument with "whole thing was written before" is irrelevant since it was done two times in a row in the end of the volume. Only time it wasnt is with Accelerator.
2. Yes that's my point, nothing says it, but we can assume that based on IF (what i mean is that MFS without whole chant is weaker) which is probably not canon but whatever.
But it would be better for scaling purpose if Accelerator couldn't tore apart full power MFS :)
Even assuming it was an incomplete version that Accel deflected. It wouldn't change anything for current Accel scaling.

The only thing the complete version would have against this hypothetical incomplete version would be more raw power as it's fundamentally the same spell. It's practically a rule in To Aru that adding more power to something that Vector Change already redirects is an exercise in futility.

There's that afterword in NT 4 where Kamachi confirms Vector Change has an infinite ceiling.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
No. not even remotely. Imaginary Fest’s version doesn’t even look like the same attack so no

Back