To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Okay? Then Dainslef Calamities<Archangels doesn't really matter.

Fiamma doesn't get any universal scaling either way.
..except it does matter, because they (both the calamities and the Phase beings themselves) can actually withstand the destruction that they cause.

Marian summoned 5 or so calamities, just divide Othinus' destruction by 5 and there you go.

Last edited:

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
..except it does matter, because they can actually withstand the destruction that they cause.

Marian summoned 5 or so calamities, just divide Othinus' destruction by 5 and there you go.
That... That's not how it fucking works that doesn't even make any fucking sense

How the fuck do you divide universal destruction or conceptual distortion you fucking can't so we look at feats.

Gabriel is solar system+ with all the other archangels being equal or nebulously higher.

There below Othinus cause she smoked them with gungnir.

They have parity with the Dainslef Calamities because there also phase beings like the calamities

And Aleister vapes all four of them with magic fire right after there summoned.

So solar system+ just that's the easiest answer why go so far it make it so complicated?

Fiamma isnt universal, multiverse, zettaversal, whateverthefuckversal and neither are the archangels

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
That... That's not how it fucking works that doesn't even make any fucking sense

How the fuck do you divide universal destruction or conceptual distortion you fucking can't so we look at feats.

Gabriel is solar system+ with all the other archangels being equal or nebulously higher.

There below Othinus cause she smoked them with gungnir.

And Aleister vapes all four of them with magic fire right after there summoned.

So solar system+ just that's the easiest answer why go so far it make it so complicated?

Fiamma isnt universal, multiverse, zettaversal, whateverthefuckversal and neither are the archangels
So we agree that the calamities can withstand universal/multiversal destruction and that the actual Phase beings are stronger than them :mjpls

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
"Each of them carried enough firepower to obliterate this unclean world. The pressure from Gabriel alone had caused the entire world to audibly strain to the breaking point when driven down from heaven by Angel Fall."
I meant from there presence, not them actually using spells :tiredpepe

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
@Thegoldenboy2188 don't give me that "suuure" emote, you know exactly what I was referring to

I hope this rings a bell. :maybe

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
@Thegoldenboy2188 don't give me that "suuure" emote, you know exactly what I was referring to

I hope this rings a bell. :maybe
I still don't get it.
My argument is that the Archangels and by extension Fiamma aren't universal. what does this have to do with anything?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I still don't get it.
My argument is that the Archangels and by extension Fiamma aren't universal. what does this have to do with anything?
..because you were referring to Othinus' destruction as only being universal, when you've said the exact opposite before.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
..because you were referring to Othinus' destruction as only being universal, when you've said the exact opposite before.
No? When I referred to Othinus's destruction in my post I wrote "the universe and the phases". I've never referred to Othinus's destruction as universal.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
“Listen.” Othinus pressed her index finger against her own temple. “The legend of St. Germain is famous. It’s even leaked out of the magic side and reached normal society. If you grabbed a random magician and asked them to name ten famous people, St. Germain’s name is sure to come up alongside Rosenkreuz and Mathers. That’s how high up there he is.”

Kamijou frowned because he had no idea how major a name Rosen-whatever was.
- New Testament Volume 12

maxresdefault.jpg

:mjgrin

One and Only

Illustrious
It's pretty clear cut that Othinus is the weakest Magic God around. As @Thegoldenboy2188 posted she threw Gungir with the full on intent of destroying everything yet she couldn't detect nor destroy the Hidden World.

She actually has the motivation to find the Hidden World if she possessed the power to do so.

She was shifting through the phases for billions of years, probably more time than the RL universe has existed, when you consider that statement that she created hundreds of billions of worlds.

Through out the entire time she was scanning the cosmology of To Aru.
"I don't know the details of this whole 'phase' thing, but you have the ability to freely change the shape of the world like clay. Due to that, you completely forgot what world you originally lived in. You desperately tried to create a world based on the scenery you remembered. You added in and removed phase after phase. …And this was the work of a god. It was probably so close to perfect that no human could tell the difference. But as a god, 'close to perfect' wasn't good enough for you."

After seeing the world she had created with her own power, she had turned back without meaning to.

Given that, she must have feared her own power. If she had truly accepted it with nothing but joy, she would not have tried to turn back.

"In a later era, you wanted the lance and you wanted to alter the world. That must have been because your unease came back. You were concerned that your supposedly perfectly-made world was not so perfect after all. You wanted to work some more on the artwork you had already presented to the public. I don't know what you did to regain the power you had cast aside, but something must have happened for that know-it-all Ollerus to hate you so much. …You longed for the next world because you wanted to add another layer of paint to the canvas. That would explain your internal conflict."
Othinus should be aware of Phase Collision theory. She should know that the sparks and sprays from the collision of Phases would affect 'destiny' and the world at large. As such she should have accounted for all the phases if she ever wanted her original world.

Yet at the very heights of her power and for billions of years she still never detected the Hidden World. She even threw Gungir to wipe everything, which also did nothing.

Crowley being able to do so doesn't say anything positive about Othinus power in that respect. We know that 'weaker' characters in To Aru can have abilities stronger characters can never have.

Othinus also needed Gungir to achieve her full power. None of the other Magic Gods apparently needed similar items.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Uh.. Othinus only needed Gungnir to stabilize her powers, it didn't make her any stronger.

For some reason, the other Magic Gods don't have a way to do that seeing as how they needed Zombie's spell to nerf themselves.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Uh.. Othinus only needed Gungnir to stabilize her powers, it didn't make her any stronger.

For some reason, the other Magic Gods don't have a way to do that seeing as how they needed Zombie's spell to nerf themselves.
In makes her stronger in that she has access to her full arsenal without drawback.

I wouldn't call her during the phase where she had a 50/50 chance of erasing herself out of existence full power.

Also whether at full power or not she's still weaker than the TMG's.

One and Only

Illustrious
All that power and they're still trash at controlling it :tupac
They probably never needed to. Their mere opinions already mod To Aru verse into whatever they like. I wouldn't be surprised if even Othinus herself was subject to the Destiny hax.

The most probable reason Aleister could manage was because Aiwass pure world shenanigans which comes with the premium cause and effect manipulation abilities from the little we see from Lilith.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
They probably never needed to. Their mere opinions already mod To Aru verse into whatever they like. I wouldn't be surprised if even Othinus herself was subject to the Destiny hax.

The most probable reason Aleister could manage was because Aiwass pure world shenanigans which comes with the premium cause and effect manipulation abilities from the little we see from Lilith.
Correction: they don't affect the entire verse with their destiny/probability hax, just Assiah/the human world/the surface of the Four Worlds.
So it's more like 25% of the verse :mjpls

Back