• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Which to his credit, he is pretty good with. Just look at the Circumstances Leading to Waltraute’s Marriage and the big crossover novel where all his other works get Isekai’d to

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
We have no proof characters actually go to the religious phases when they die though.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
We have no proof characters actually go to the religious phases when they die though.
Literally called Heaven dude. It’s even stated where Crowley’s daughter would have gone had Aiwass not taken her soul to another Phase

Not going to have another stupid argument with you over this so think what you want

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Literally called Heaven dude. It’s even stated where Crowley’s daughter would have gone had Aiwass not taken her soul to another Phase

Not going it to have another stupid argument with you over this so think what you want
Scan?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, it’s not Heaven that’s called a Phase and the only Heaven ever confirmed in this series, but clearly the other Heaven just next door

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Ressurecting people would be super fucking easy if all it took was cutting into a religious phase and pulling someone back from it :tupac

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And all you get is an exposed soul that would either eventually fade away being in the physical world with no body I.e. Lilith or become a ghost or lingering curse

Last edited:

One and Only

Illustrious
Ressurecting people would be super fucking easy if all it took was cutting into a religious phase and pulling someone back from it :tupac

It's not actually all that hard in Toaru given we have multiple resurrections in setting.

The Christian Phases = / = actual Heaven.

Ollerus had said Imagine Breaker was the selfish dreams of all magicians.

If their twisting of the world produced a disadvantageous result, that reference point or restoration point could return it to normal or erase what was done.

And wasn't this exactly such a case?

It seemed the filters Othinus spoke of were existences or concepts identical to heaven or hell. He was unsure if he could destroy something so massive. In fact, he could not even imagine what kind of phenomenon would be produced if he touched heaven or hell.

NT 9

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Heaven proper wouldn't be any specific religious phase, but would likely be beyond the Sephiroth in its entirety.

One and Only

Illustrious
And all of them have caveats to them.

True, proper ressurection of the soul does not exist.

Sounds like you are splitting hairs here.

Izzard had those students resurrected. Othinus could resurrect people as Valkyries. There's an entire field of magic called Necromancy in Toaru which can be summarized as 'calling up the dead'.

Whatever 'True proper resurrection' is supposed to mean, all those examples I've provided proves that wherever the dead go to in Toaru it isn't particularly hard to contact them.

Heaven proper wouldn't be any specific religious phase, but would likely be beyond the Sephiroth in its entirety.

How do you reconcile that with this part of the scan?

It seemed the filters Othinus spoke of were existences or concepts identical to heaven or hell.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Sounds like you are splitting hairs here.

Izzard had those students resurrected. Othinus could resurrect people as Valkyries. There's an entire field of magic called Necromancy in Toaru which can be summarized as 'calling up the dead'.

Whatever 'True proper resurrection' is supposed to mean, all those examples I've provided proves that wherever the dead go to in Toaru it isn't particularly hard to contact them.

How do you reconcile that with this part of the scan?
Touma's a schizo lol

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Fair point.

This discussion about souls and stuff brings to mind another topic though.

Paxton, you at least believe Othinus destroyed the earth, right? Most of the humans in setting died. Just asking to confirm.
I have no problem with that, yeah.

I've said numerous times that she destroyed the Earth (likely killing everyone there but a few select individuals) and the universe/phase/phases in the surface world.

The point is that phase manipulation just creates copies of these people.
Technically the same end result as "proper" ressurection, but different mechanics.

Back