• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Othinus could admit inferiority to multiple characters and yet you still think muh phase manipulation matters against Othinus' own words

oh wait she does :tupac

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Fraud-scendent wank again. That ain’t just Phase manipulation either, Othinus makes it clear her powers include control over everything: Every Phase, element, and dimension including time

And when has Othinus ever admitted inferiority to Aleister?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Argue against the GT6 afterword explicitly saying the Transcendents let Othinus kill them and the description of Risk 4 lol
Mind you, Risk 4 Transcendents are hardly "true experts", so I wasn't even referring to them in the first place.

Besides, literally all of the stuff you just listed is because of phase manipulation. That's the main gimmick that Magic Gods have.
Phase manipulation is nothing special.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
"Have you forgotten?" Othinus sounded almost utterly exasperated. "This is the Dianoid. The entire building is made of carbon materials. That means you don't need control over every phase, every dimension, and every element to manipulate everything around you. A magician with control over carbon and nothing else can pull that one off."

^ Powers are involve more than.

Magic God Othinus could control everything. Without exaggeration, she controlled the world itself. If she wanted to, she could have galaxies collide to kill Kamijou Touma. Or she could break the bonds between the particles making up his body and cause his very existence to disperse. If she was the slightest bit dissatisfied with something, she could turn back time, re-lay the rails of fate that led to the future, and create the exact result she wanted.

Control over time and fate while your so called “true experts” explicitly cannot go back in time and get all their Magic sealed with simple duct tape on their feet.

Seriously Pax, shut the fuck up and stop arguing everything I post when it’s just going to be the same repeated crap you’ve said before.

Can’t even make a Respect thread without you muddling it with your headcanon

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Literally all of that is because of phase manipulation, the main "power" of Magic Gods. None of that contradicts what I said.
Prove it's anything but phase manipulation.

Magical knowledge and skill matters more than big flashy booms on screen, that's the core of how this series works.

Aleister, Aiwass, Coronzon, true Gremlin, Kingsford, Risk 4 Transcendents, JVA, Alice, Dragon King Touma >>>>>>>>> Othinus

Argue against her own words, the narration, and the fundamentals of how magic fights work in this series to begin with.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Literally all of that is because of phase manipulation, the main "power" of Magic Gods. None of that contradicts what I said.
Prove it's anything but phase manipulation.

Magical knowledge and skill matters more than big flashy booms on screen, that's the core of how this series works.

Aleister, Aiwass, Coronzon, true Gremlin, Kingsford, Risk 4 Transcendents, JVA, Alice, Dragon King Touma >>>>>>>>> Othinus

Argue against her own words, the narration, and the fundamentals of how magic fights work in this series to begin with.
I literally show a scan saying Phase manipulation is just part of their moveset of what they manipulate.

“It’s still only Phase manipulation they do!!”

DaDFfzrXUAAyMu-.jpg

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I literally show a scan saying Phase manipulation is just part of their moveset of what they manipulate.

“It’s still only Phase manipulation they do!!”

DaDFfzrXUAAyMu-.jpg
tldr you don't understand how Magic God phase manipulation works

lol

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
The whole gimmick of Magic God's is phase manipulation but to a "greater" degree than a normal magician can do.

That's literally how it works.

Anything they do in terms of esoteric effects can either be attributed to another spell/spiritual item, or through phase manipulation (mostly the latter).

Magic Gods don't get the ability to ACTUALLY affect the core rules of reality, they only add layers that make it seem like they do.
It's an important distinction.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I mean all jokes aside I gladly would, but I want to re-read GT6-GT9 again and then start from the very beginning to do it properly

and you basically explained the gist of the scaling just fine anyway, we just disagree on the specifics

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
How about you use some common sense for once? How bad does a Respect Thread look when you can’t shut the fuck up and have to disagree on every thing I post for your bullshit?

How does that look to everyone else? So screw it, as shit as your takes on the series are, you wanna stick with them? Then you make the thread

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Not even joking, arguing for pages on end 3 or 4 times now, having to sit through and listen to some of the the worst takes on this series I’ve ever heard that comes from you, that pretty much no one else here agrees with you or backs you up on but you still keep fucking repeating the same shit.

It’s draining

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I’ll redo the Respect Thread since I hate leaving things unfinished but seriously Pax, don’t fuck this up anymore

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
You guys remember this is my thread right? I know I meme alot about being lazy but I still do want to keep a level of competence and strictness here, I'm fine with you guys arguing or adding stuff to the respect thread as long as it isn't marred with head canon or beliefs that aren't specifically stated in text.

Back