• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Mr.OMG

Paramount
Btw Version №2
しかし、その平穏もつかの間、『隠世』――世界に存在するすべての『位相』の、さらに薄紙一枚を隔てた場所から真の『グレムリン』たる完全な『魔神』たちが現れる。

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Astaro still ignoring how soul levels work in this series

they nerf themselves to act in the surface world,
Pax still failing at basic reading comprehension

"Don't make me laugh. You are no more than exposed energy without an avatar. That much is clear from the fact that you borrowed his wife's body when giving him the Book of the Law. Just like me, you should only be able to wield your full power when you possess an avatar.

^ Coronzon at her full power in the physical world by having a physical body

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
tldr Coronzon's yapping when we know Aiwass with a proper avatar would be > true Gremlin

since that's literally what Aleister's plan actually entails

Aiwass doesn't need his power amplified, he just needs a proper vessel to use said power in

fiamma

Notorious
Dainsleif calamities = Othinus and they're literal imitations of the actual phase beings

gtfo with this nonsense

"Indeed, this is the most fitting method to counter a Magic God."

If she had her full power, Othinus would have been able to strike down Marian in one blow even in this situation. Without even needing to kill her, she could have cast her into a world filled with nothing but happiness.

Dainslef is utterly meaningless if Othinus has her complete power, whether summoning Vishnu's power or whatever else.
It would just end in a single strike.

Perhaps before the battle began, Marian used that sword to sever the surrounding space and set up a kind of barrier. Otherwise, with the appearance of a Demon King or giant of that size, bizarre phenomena like 'ANGEL FALL' would have occurred simultaneously. Or the world itself might have exceeded its tolerance and shattered.
This is not an exaggeration. Othinus herself had tried to destroy the world using that method.

This only goes to say that their principles are similar to an extent.

Othinus clearly states that she is Odin itself, the one who appears in Norse mythology.

"It's a statue of Odin. In other words, me. You can find these statues anywhere in Northern Europe."

As Kamijou alternates between looking at the pitiful girl and the macho statue under the cold winter sky, Othinus says,

"Sh-shut up! In the other world beyond the mirror, I was treated like that!! ...It may not seem like the correct information referring to me, but it's still a record of me left by a third party. I accidentally left it behind while updating the world here and there without realizing it."

Despite Othinus herself clearly stating that she is Odin, some people claim that she is merely a literal imitation. I don't understand the basis for that assertion.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
tldr Coronzon's yapping when we know Aiwass with a proper avatar would be > true Gremlin
Never stated, just that Aiwass after Crowley was complete with them would beat True Gremlin and we know nerfing them is part of the plan anyway

Aiwass doesn't need his power amplified, he just needs a proper vessel to use said power in
That includes nerfing them. Try again

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Never stated, just that Aiwass after Crowley was complete with them would beat True Gremlin and we know nerfing them is part of the plan anyway

That includes nerfing them.
Try again
Headcanon.

Post the quote where it's said he needs to nerf them AND have a full power Aiwass who can crush true Gremlin at the same time.
Because that DEFINITELY makes sense :tupac

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
"Indeed, this is the most fitting method to counter a Magic God."

If she had her full power, Othinus would have been able to strike down Marian in one blow even in this situation. Without even needing to kill her, she could have cast her into a world filled with nothing but happiness.

Dainslef is utterly meaningless if Othinus has her complete power, whether summoning Vishnu's power or whatever else.
It would just end in a single strike.

Perhaps before the battle began, Marian used that sword to sever the surrounding space and set up a kind of barrier. Otherwise, with the appearance of a Demon King or giant of that size, bizarre phenomena like 'ANGEL FALL' would have occurred simultaneously. Or the world itself might have exceeded its tolerance and shattered.
This is not an exaggeration. Othinus herself had tried to destroy the world using that method.

This only goes to say that their principles are similar to an extent.

Othinus clearly states that she is Odin itself, the one who appears in Norse mythology.

"It's a statue of Odin. In other words, me. You can find these statues anywhere in Northern Europe."

As Kamijou alternates between looking at the pitiful girl and the macho statue under the cold winter sky, Othinus says,

"Sh-shut up! In the other world beyond the mirror, I was treated like that!! ...It may not seem like the correct information referring to me, but it's still a record of me left by a third party. I accidentally left it behind while updating the world here and there without realizing it."

Despite Othinus herself clearly stating that she is Odin, some people claim that she is merely a literal imitation. I don't understand the basis for that assertion.
Yeah, this was brought up before.

Dainsleif is irrelevant because Othinus would beat Marian BEFORE SHE CAN USE IT

That says literally NOTHING about Othinus being superior to the calamities in strength.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
please quote your actual quotes btw

I never said Othinus was an imitation, I said that the Dainsleif calamities are imitations of the beings in said phases

they're like WW3 Gabriel, essentially avatars/shaped energy, but not the true being

Churronzon

Notorious
What do people think of Mary's Tribikos?
How far did it go? This was something from a brand new category than all the types of
magic and elements Kamijou had seen before. What if it pushed even a bit past the limits
of what the 103,001 grimoires covered? Wouldn’t this be magic that not even Grimoire
Library Index could defend against?

Did this simply make Good, Old Mary frightening, or was the real threat Trismegistus for
requiring something so powerful to deliver the finishing blow?
That was the Tribikos.

Good, Old Mary’s experimental tool was said to contain an entire universe inside and thus carried the possibility of producing anything. That ultimate container could produce nonexistent forms of death and destruction as simple playthings.
It sounds like death hax and a free creation ability.

Does CRC have a resistance to death hax?
Cracks raced across the stadium-like Tribikos and it shattered just before filthy gray bubbles burst from within. But these bubbles did not have the cleansing feel of detergent or soap. These were small, hideous bubbles, reminiscent of human torment and death. They engulfed Rosencreutz like a deluge.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Headcanon.

Post the quote where it's said he needs to nerf them AND have a full power Aiwass who can crush true Gremlin at the same time.
Because that DEFINITELY makes sense :tupac
That fact that he did it.

Citation needed that was never his plan from the start because I’m not going to fucking cite you what literally happened

fiamma

Notorious

Let's assume, as you say, that Aiwass itself has power within the phase of pure physical laws. Then are you saying that despite having the power to overwhelm all the Magic Gods, Aiwass would die just from being hit by Curtana?

Do you think that makes sense?

For your statement to be true, Othinus saying that Magic Gods can control all dimensions would mean either she's just a braggart or that Kamachi lied to us.

If Aiwass truly possessed power within the pure physical law phase itself, to the extent of overpowering all Magic Gods, then it wouldn't make sense for Aiwass to be vulnerable to something like Curtana. There's a clear contradiction there.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It’s astounding how you can act this smug while having the most consistently garbage takes that involve ignoring what’s plainly telling you otherwise

Maybe a bit less of that TL;DR you keep doing Pax so you actually know what your saying about a novel?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Let's assume, as you say, that Aiwass itself has power within the phase of pure physical laws. Then are you saying that despite having the power to overwhelm all the Magic Gods, Aiwass would die just from being hit by Curtana?

Do you think that makes sense?

For your statement to be true, Othinus saying that Magic Gods can control all dimensions would mean either she's just a braggart or that Kamachi lied to us.

If Aiwass truly possessed power within the pure physical law phase itself, to the extent of overpowering all Magic Gods, then it wouldn't make sense for Aiwass to be vulnerable to something like Curtana. There's a clear contradiction there.
Why would being harmed with an attack of conceptual precedence sourced from a being like Michael (who's generally comparable to Coronzon, as they both reside in Briah) be an anti-feat, exactly?

And that's assuming it HIT and he didn't defend himself.
A being of such superhuman skill in magic not being able to defend from such an attack (unless they chose not to) doesn't make much sense.

And yes, magicians being braggarts is a common character trait in this series.

Last edited:

fiamma

Notorious
Btw Version №2
しかし、その平穏もつかの間、『隠世』――世界に存在するすべての『位相』の、さらに薄紙一枚を隔てた場所から真の『グレムリン』たる完全な『魔神』たちが現れる。

However, that tranquility was short-lived.
From the 'Hidden Phase', a place beyond all the 'Phases' existing in the world, separated by a thin sheet of paper, the true 'Gremlin', the complete 'Magic Gods', appeared.

yes here

By the way, could you attach a picture of the original text for me?
I think I've briefly forgotten where it came from.
I remember it being a promotional description.

Back