To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Mr.OMG

Paramount
Well I have context for all these quotes.

In the first quote, Othinus simply speculates about Tangram's powers, and gets disappointed.

In the second Accel and Furashina reason about Tangram powers, and what is the difference between an esper and a Tangram.

In the third my translator translated this quote that Tangram controls all possible worlds and all variants of "What If", but it seems to mean all worlds, not all possible worlds.

In the fourth Accel analyzed the entire world (first by putting his hand inside Furashina's body, since it was inside the body that Tangram's alibi was located) because he controls "all vectors". Therefore, he was able to find Tangram's world beyond all worlds, which cannot be explained by three-dimensional space, and then enter it.

The fifth quote says that there are causal storms/winds around the Tangram that constantly change cause-effect places. Therefore, only transcendent beings (Othinus), either Virtual-On or IB can be near Tangram.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
At first, I thought I should build a world that strictly follows the worldview of Virtual-On (and the more I did that, the more material I had to use). However, when Watari-san saw the plot I had come up with, he told me to split it into two pieces and put more of my own ideas(toaru) into it. I don't know how to describe how I felt at that time, but it was a really big shock, and I realized that this work was different from what I usually do.

it's true that the collaboration is not an official event.
But for the fools who claim that it's not official settings at all, please convey this to them.

When Kamachi was writing the collaboration, he originally intended to write it more in line with the Virtual-On settings, but he followed the intentions of the original author of Virtual-On and incorporated even more of the Index settings into the collaboration.

This is clearly stated in the afterword of the collaboration novel.
So Kamachi is saying that while this isn’t officially canon, it applies to the setting like if it were.

Was he involved in the game’s story too @Mr.OMG

Mr.OMG

Paramount
At first, I thought I should build a world that strictly follows the worldview of Virtual-On (and the more I did that, the more material I had to use). However, when Watari-san saw the plot I had come up with, he told me to split it into two pieces and put more of my own ideas(toaru) into it. I don't know how to describe how I felt at that time, but it was a really big shock, and I realized that this work was different from what I usually do.

it's true that the collaboration is not an official event.
But for the fools who claim that it's not official settings at all, please convey this to them.

When Kamachi was writing the collaboration, he originally intended to write it more in line with the Virtual-On settings, but he followed the intentions of the original author of Virtual-On and incorporated even more of the Index settings into the collaboration.

This is clearly stated in the afterword of the collaboration novel.
I wish I could find concepts that are part of the world of Index, but I don't know Japanese

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Well yeah, only Kamachi could write the story for the game.
Just looking for confirmation that he was involved with the script for the game.

It’s not needed since Othinus has two in-series quotes she operates on an infinitely Multiversal scale

fiamma

Notorious
Just looking for confirmation that he was involved with the script for the game.

It’s not needed since Othinus has two in-series quotes she operates on an infinitely Multiversal scale

PS4/PS Vita Title "Dennou Senki Virtualon x A Certain Magical Index: A Certain Magical Virtualon" Second Promotional Video Released!

This video introduces a glimpse of the original story written by Kazuma Kamachi, connecting from the novel version. It also showcases the game's attractive features, such as substantial missions and online battles that can be enjoyed solo or with others, narrated by Touma Kamijou (CV: Atsushi Abe) and Index (CV: Yuka Iguchi)!!

PS4/PS Vita用ソフト『電脳戦機バーチャロン×とある魔術の禁書目録 とある魔術の電脳戦機』のプロモーションビデオ第二弾です! 小説版から連なる鎌池和馬先生書き下ろしストーリーの一端や、一人でもみんなでも遊べる充実のミッションやオンライン対戦など、本作の魅力を上条当麻(CV:阿部敦)とインデックス(CV:井口裕香)のナレーションでたっぷりご紹介!! 「

novel, game story = only kamachi written

Please take a look at the description of the YouTube video.
In addition to that, there should be plenty of other resources available. If you search, you'll likely be able to find enough information.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
That settles it. Going to add all this later to the thread.

Kamachi is a mad lad.

“Yeah this story is non-canon but I wrote it like it very much applies to the verse if it was so shut up nerds!”

:hestonpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Also adding on to this, when Kamachi writes crossover material, he factors power levels and how characters abilities would interact between each other like this big crossover between all his works

x7ivp3F.png

Quenser, Heivia, and Milinda who come from the thoroughly grounded hard-sci-fi without an ounce any supernatural elements Heavy Object universe are completely out of their league in this story facing against the mythological creatures and gods of the Norse setting of Waltraute’s Marriage

Accelerator is the most dangerous opponent summoned by Hel’s World Tree among the opponents brought out (until White Queen is summoned next) and Touma as usual is whose needed to beat him.

Tyr the God of Victory who manipulates causality is compared to Mamoru and Karen’s powers to overturn time and continuity to always succeed and Touma’s Imagine Breaker making him immune to the effects of both.

And White Queen, a being who surpasses even Othinus being dropped in the setting and utterly wrecking everyone’s shit and being able to end the whole story if she feels like it

Last edited:

fiamma

Notorious
In the third my translator translated this quote that Tangram controls all possible worlds and all variants of "What If", but it seems to mean all worlds, not all possible worlds.

the Tangram, which holds the all parallel world and possibilities of "if", were to be biased towards the subject, it would be able to grant any wish.

My English translator has malfunctioned.
All parallel world and the possibilities of "if" are correct.

fiamma

Notorious
Check out Heavy Object. Kamachi’s other work that got animated.

J.C. Staff did such a superb job here, there’s even parts I like more then the novel

I am somewhat skeptical about the relative strength between the White Queen and MagicGod.

The comparison between the two comes from the novel at this URL: https://dengekibunko.jp/author/kamachikazuma/trial/gokon/

The issue is that, unlike officially released collaboration novels, this is a comedic side story.

It's similar to Dragon Ball vs. One Piece vs. Toriko.
In the main story, there is no accurate comparison made between the two.

And in fact, even if you compare the descriptions of the two based on the final volume of Blood Sign, if MagicGod has the upper hand, it cannot be seen as inferior.

To put it simply, in the main collaboration novel, Othinus, who is based on the same mythology as Odin, suppresses Odin from Valtraute's world. (Based on her current state where she has lost all the power of the magic gods)

However, in that comedic side story, they are said to be on the same level as gods.

In the first place, it is problematic to simply describe MagicGod, who freely manipulates the phase of all mythologies and religions, as being on the level of gods.

Therefore, I think it is somewhat unreasonable to treat a comedic side story that is not an official collaboration novel as official settings.
Of course, this is only my personal opinion.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I think it’s reinforced, especially since White Queen pulled a truly outrageous feat of destroying the entire universe in Plank time when she killed everyone, including Othinus, in that story and other statements like her being able to wipe out timelines with ease.

Speed of that attack was over 150 Novemdecillion times the speed of light as a super low end no less

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Even when she was caught off guard, that cute last boss was so perfect that she made sure just collapsing forward was enough to destroy the world.

When that white light was carelessly unleashed, it blew away the current universe in 10^-44 seconds. And just 5 seconds after that, the spatial world formed from matter and antimatter cooled enough to create countless particles that acted as the cores of atoms.

Here it is. Also, her white laser or weapons she spams from her clothes that delete space and time are directly compared to Curtana Original

“Hm? White lady, is there something you want? Then you have my support. Good luck.”

6-year-old Shinobu had a way of tugging at the heartstrings of nonhumans, so there was no stopping the White Queen’s excitement now.

“Hee hee hee hee hee! Then I will give you a gift to thank you for your blessing, young boy. Have this White Professional-Grade Razor that can simultaneously slice through all four of the fundamental forces that make up the world☆”

Instead of a sword or a spear, she made it a large industrial razor that ignored any logic as a weapon…so Her Majesty clearly understood the chuuni heart.

“Hm? But I don’t have a beard???”

Shinobu tilted his head. He had been given an ultimate weapon on the same level as the holy sword that unified Britain, but it had happened so easily that he was not sure just how valuable it was.

Like, it was comedic but you can tell it was Kamachi’s intent to establish the White Queen is overpowered as hell and easily a Top tier among his collective works

Hiryuu

Just wanted to see if you used it since I see your arguing with that donkey Genkidama still bringing up that mistranslation lol
No, I didn't really.

Seriously, just link the Respect thread. It ends the whole debate
I can't do that because there are two major sticking points for me with regards to that RT. I've bought them up before, but they haven't been sufficiently addressed.

Back