• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

TYPE-Moon/Nasuverse Feats/General Thread

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
fuck it, I already replied so, I might as well leave it up.

After Sion notblack hole'd her Olga realized she wasn't invincible so she decided to obtain a stronger body than the one she currently had. Which, uh, is literally just ORT, cause there's nothing stronger left.

Wasn't that after Kirsch took a swing at her in Olympus? They already mentioned it in the epilogue to that chapter.

And I was assuming that meant ORT was something she could realistically kill or subdue, but it sounds more like she deliberately woke up and provoked something massively stronger to her.....to protect herself from beings way weaker than her.

It's just kinda funny, is all. I do wonder if Nasu is actually going to let Chaldea kill ORT in the end. Be kinda lame if after all this it just goes back to sleep.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Wasn't that after Kirsch took a swing at her in Olympus? They already mentioned it in the epilogue to that chapter.

And I was assuming that meant ORT was something she could realistically kill or subdue, but it sounds more like she deliberately woke up and provoked something massively stronger to her.....to protect herself from beings way weaker than her.

It's just kinda funny, is all. I do wonder if Nasu is actually going to let Chaldea kill ORT in the end. Be kinda lame if after all this it just goes back to sleep.

No, this was during the scene where U-Olga blows up the Wandering Sea. Sion hit her with a notblackhole and chipped her, which made her realize she wasn't as invincible as she thought, so she decided to search for a body stronger than her current one. And yeah that's literally just ORT.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
She showed up to LB7, talked mad shit to us and then kukulkan said fuck these guys get off my lawn and punched Olga in the face so hard she got even more brain damaged than she already was

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Oh come on, she ain't never gonna truly be the end boss.
She's too dumb for that.
Reminds me of this post

See above for the quotes, but yeah, we pretty much know that at this point, the writers have not been subtle about it much at all. The Alien God is super like Olga, chose it's fashion because of Olga, and chose it's name based on Olga, it just doesn't seemingly remember being Olga.

Off the cuff, I'd guess that it's similar to the Fate/Extella situation, as a sort of call back, where Hakuno got split into a mind, body, and soul, which were able to exist independently but each had their own issues upon being separated. Like Hakuno, Olga's body is super-dead, but I'd guess her mind and soul got broken up into the the Priestess and the Alien God respectively, as the former remembers shit but the latter doesn't. In Extella, the Mind and Body will break down when separated from the other two pieces, but the Soul can persist after adjusting.

As for how any of this happened to begin with, betting money is still on the Animusphere's being up to bullshit, particularly Olga's dad. In First Order. Flauros refers to her and her family's folly and in Backalley Nightmare--why are you important to everything, you damn spinoff--during another simulation (maybe, Olga's doing weird shit at this point), Olga talks to Sim Lev about the future asking him if it can be changed, saying*:

For whatever reason, this prompts Lev to spare her life and walk away, presumably canceling the Human Incineration Project in the process, at least within this hypothetical--but what he says is interesting**.

The thing is, that doesn't coincide with any of the dates you might think--it's not when Goetia started his plan and it's quite a ways off from the time of Solomon, which taken with the First Order comment, implies to me that the Animusphere family did something. A few words from a genocidal maniac may not convince you the same way, but consider the chant of the Animusphere family, "Stars, Cosmos, Gods, Animus, Antrum, Unverse, Anima, Animusphere." Nothing on it's own, but the Lostroom Guide--again, why are you so important?--provided an explanation for what that meant:

Yo Marisbury, what were you doing again? Not that a basement full of failed Master candidates you were imprisoning and torturing to supply the power you needed for obscure magical research that you disguised using the cover of a privately owned oil-rig was a good look, mind you, but you're seeming kinda shady all of a sudden.

*Props again to Synthetic Travelogue.

**Props to squidgirllillie on Reddit.

and this

More seriously--not that I'm not serious about a main character's gut feelings trumping the world's greatest detective--the subject of Olga probably needs to be addressed since I've given plenty of attention to Taylor. Olga hasn't had much coverage, not that she's gotten much in FGO either, but as an important character, there's a fair bit to be said. She is Taylor's Master, after all. Unfortunately, it's a rather complicated subject, in the sense that...

Look, I love the Nasuverse, I actually really do, but it's a relentless bitch to get into. Not so much in the sense of all the weird setting terminology and specific nonsense--although there is a lot of that--but more in the sense that it scatters things across different mediums as much as Kingdom Fucking Hearts, and then proceeds to plant those setting details in obscure places down long-winded roads, such that it's entirely feasible to think you know what's going on with a character, have a conversation, and end up in a situation where the person you're talking to goes 'Oh, have you not read the fourth spin-off manga of the fighting game? Did you read the translation of the first opening song from the fourth year of the mobile game? Did you read the guidebook, the physical guidebook, that came with the anime spinoff one-shot of the mobile game? No, not that one, the other one. The other one. Did you read the specially released profiles that came with the anime taking place in an alternate universe featuring a different version of this character that has implications for this completely different version or about that other version from that fourteen year old magazine?'

I'm that guy, by the way. I'm the guy saying that. Those aren't random examples or exaggerations, they're actually what we're about to talk about?

So let's talk about the weirdness surrounding Olga. You might think you have a general idea from the game, wherein she's around just to die, and that's a big chunk of everything we really know in fact, but of course there's more too it than that. I'm not 100% sure about the chronological order of these, entirely because I don't feel like looking it up, so I'm just going down the list as the mood takes me. To start with, we got a profile with El Melloi Case Files anime, one of which featured Olga, who has an alternate self that appears in that series. There's some general stuff to note from that, like her Magic Circuit Quality (EX) and Quantity (E-)*, but the most important part is the underlined bit. Every profile had a section labeled ' day of decisive battle' without any further explanation. Waver's was “to stand alongside the king at that sea,” Reines’ was “the Lord’s crown.” Olga’s, however, was listed as “outside the cosmos.” Similarly, in the Lostroom Guidebook, there's a weird category for character's dreams, described in vague terms--Lev's dream is described as 'dead.' Ritsuka's dream is described as 'alive.' But Olga's dream is called 'absent.'

Pretty weird all it's own, but as it happens, she seems to show up in another place besides Case Files, at least arguably--in DDD, a story Nasu published irregularly in a magazine in 2007. DDD is...fucking weird, mostly, but kind of relevant here, because a big aspect of the story is demonic possession, specifically Agonist Disorder, a 'disease' that started developing in Japan where people started going crazy and developing superpowers, from disintegration claws and highly corrosive stomach acid and sweat, to the ability to make other people's heads rotate when you turn yours...which you can turn 360 degrees, naturally. Going into that would be its own thing, but a major part of the setting is the Origa Memorial Institute, a hospital specialized in dealing with the demonically possessed, from the normal and mundanely treatable patients in Ward A to the guarded by men with machine guns and kept dark Ward D. There is, or rather was, a single Ward E patient, however, named 'Marine Origa**,' which sounds very similar to Olga Marie--which would be a minor coincidence at best, except a lot of names from here have been showing up lately, like the Ward D patient Heartless and a doctor called Dr. Roman. That'll come up later, I assure you.

Odd, but whatever. Minor stuff, no apparent bearing on anything.

And then you have--of course--Melty Blood Back Alley Alliance Nightmare, the spin off of the fighting game that suddenly crossed over with FGO from five years ago where Olga Marie was, uh--checks notes--a magical dimension crossing ghost girl being hunted down by Lev who was attempting to destroy Chaldea, which existed specifically in another dimension***. Olga appeared repeatedly to say 'The future will not change' to Sion, and it's noted repeatedly that 'Olga Marie is dead' and they 'couldn't tamper with the original cause.' Also, Sion's sister from another dimension where she died deploys Rani from Extra because something is causing world-class space-time fractures that are devastating things. In the course of her time therein, she seemingly pimpslaps the Dust of Osiris, one of the final bosses of Melty Blood, and during the course of what happens, an attempt by Atlas to simulate Chaldea results in a simulated Olga that started breaking the simulation, recognizing what should have been an invisible outsider to it, and eventually, seemingly, making the simulation real****. Of course this isn't even fully translated, missing the chapter where a version of Olga convinces Lev to spare her, and he leaves with the ominous statement that it's 2000 years to early to change the future, or where child and adult Olga are asked by Archetype Earth what they really want and say a future with a blue sky, while also filled with lore bits. Again, this was five years ago.

And then there's the fucking song, Gyakko, which is pretty heavily implied to be from Olga's perspective*****. The lyrics in question?

...Yeah. Anyway, while Olga was being sucked into Chaldeas, her theme song began to play and Taylor heard it, sighed really hard, and summoned herself. That's how the Olga's keep her in line, by the way; they just play their themesong at her agressively until she obeys.

*Her likes are well-structured and logical synpopses, her father, adventure novels. Her dislikes, naturally, are 'people who fall asleep right in front of her at their first meeting.'

**Kanata describes her as already dead in a special room and labels her power as, uh, Fuck-slut Dreamy Siesta, but Kanata's kind of just like that. Again, DDD is weird. Credit to junktheeater, by the way.

***Part of the plan to take it out was the ICBMeow Muscle Supergun which can shoot/Rayshift people anywhere they want to go in the Multiverse, provided by Neko-Arc.

****Also, there's, like, a shitton of lore in this fighting game spin-off manga crossover episode, it kind of sucks. Not the lore or even the manga, which are fun, but the placement, because this shit is what I'm talking about. There's a theoretical world where the Nasuverse is easily accessible and the major lore is presented to you lenierly, in the main series or whatever, but its all over the goddamn place.

*****From Maaya Sakamoto and Nasu, credit to Synthetic Travelogue:

Proto234

Distinguished
Interesting tidbit about Daybit and Tezca (mostly Tezca)
・He and Daybit has possibly the worst relationship between Master and Servant since Tezca, in Daybit's words is someone that doesn't communicate at all when doing something, which he describes as someone like "I used all of your money" without prior notice.
・Tezca, in Daybit's words is able to impose PHH's culture and rule to Mictlan in about 1 year despite Mictlan is ruled by lifeform that is not from earth (probably referring to ORT), where he's able to raise a city (mexico city), summoning his own servant (Tlaloc), raising Ocelothl(Jaguar like mens), choosing the king of said city (Izcalli).
・And yes, while Daybit don't give a shit about his LB, he wants us to not to destroy the LB before 10 days has passed.
・Surpisingly, there're 3 individuals that claimed as LB king, Tezca the dino king (the blonde boy), Grand Zerker Tezca, Kukulkan

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
a bunch of that stuff in ryuugi's posts is either fanfiction or of unclear translation. So I'm going to go with don't bother reading it.

I've heard alot of those theories but all they really are is just that:
Theories that are obvious as shit(Primarily going to the deep end because of some obvious clues and references) but people tend to go batshit because they tend to believe Nasu goes batshit.

It happens when you aren't familiar with a series and don't really know these types of theories aren't new.
The dude's theory falls apart when we explicitly see Case Files in which Olga Marie is quite clearly alive, just extremely neglected by her father who once confirmed the Holy Grail was seeping Grail Mud, immediately just rejected his original plan.

There's also the fact that Goetia attempted his plan across ALL known Time Trees/Universes of the Nasuverse, only succeeding in FGO and failing in the others due to myriad of reasons(Lev keeps his conscious long enough to kill himself rather than become Flauros, apparently he started his plan in a different fashion which got him stopped in the Melty Blood Universe, etc.) and even why he did his plan in FGO is completely different than his other versions(It's because time ended in 2017/2018 due to the Foreign God's arrival).

And, of course, the heavy implications that Olga Marie is actually an attempt at a Beast by her own father's machinations.(Due to how absolutely terrible her life is and the numerous material she has been in kinda goes with that direction)
So yeah, just looking at it, he seems to be the type of guy who makes the Nasuverse so much more difficult than it is when the questions and answers are staring him dead in the face.

Proto234

Distinguished
All this talk about Olga and none about Tezcatlipoca who's probably my favorite grand since he's literally don't give a fuck about humanity despite being a grand.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
that is absolutely incorrect

He cares about humanity because they're good at killing

He hates pacifists and peacemakers more than anything in the world because "A battle where no one dies is an insult to me and my kingdom"

Proto234

Distinguished
that is absolutely incorrect

He cares about humanity because they're good at killing

He hates pacifists and peacemakers more than anything in the world because "A battle where no one dies is an insult to me and my kingdom"
Still doesn't explain why he's on board with Daybit's plan regarding ORT

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
>literally the greatest act of killing in the world
> "I thoroughly believe both sides should completely slaughter each other in a real battle"

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Not so much he wants to see the world burn as much as he wants people to just stop pretending to be civilized and just murder each other like good little soldiers

He's basically MGR Sundowner, but with a full head of hair and a penchant for DINO SUPERIORITY

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
It happens when you aren't familiar with a series and don't really know these types of theories aren't new.
The dude's theory falls apart when we explicitly see Case Files in which Olga Marie is quite clearly alive, just extremely neglected by her father who once confirmed the Holy Grail was seeping Grail Mud, immediately just rejected his original plan.

There's also the fact that Goetia attempted his plan across ALL known Time Trees/Universes of the Nasuverse, only succeeding in FGO and failing in the others due to myriad of reasons(Lev keeps his conscious long enough to kill himself rather than become Flauros, apparently he started his plan in a different fashion which got him stopped in the Melty Blood Universe, etc.) and even why he did his plan in FGO is completely different than his other versions(It's because time ended in 2017/2018 due to the Foreign God's arrival).

And, of course, the heavy implications that Olga Marie is actually an attempt at a Beast by her own father's machinations.(Due to how absolutely terrible her life is and the numerous material she has been in kinda goes with that direction)
So yeah, just looking at it, he seems to be the type of guy who makes the Nasuverse so much more difficult than it is when the questions and answers are staring him dead in the face.
What about the stuff about U-Olga being an alien? Like isn't Holmes supposed to be the apostle of other of Olga's species?

Does that mean that Marisbury somehow turned her into an alien or something?

Back