TYPE-Moon/Nasuverse Feats/General Thread

Okay done with the 2nd movie, major improvement from the first... though that's not much of an achievement...

The biggest problem with the first movie is how it feels like the story of Camelot is rushed even for Movie standards and the biggest problem of the 2nd Movie is the fact that the first was too rushed out, alot of what should have been established wouldn't be able to work well.

For example, they force in Reverse Tristan's idea... but forget to show WHY the Hassans want Tristan dead in particular since he doesn't actually savagely kill as we see him do in the game with Intoxicating Hassan. They try and fix some of this by giving more development towards Fujimaru, Mash, Bedivere and even Lancelot, it doesn't really work well due to the rushed nature despite the movie being two hours. It unfortunately truly requires you to play Camelot in the Mobile Game unlike the Babylonia Anime which still included the main beats but can be seen as a true adaptation(For example, Sherlock Holmes is COMPLETELY removed and Tri-Hermes is somehow placed INSIDE of Rasseum Tentryis which legit makes the Atlas Institute weaker than it should be in canon... atleast it was Bedivere who told Mash she is Galahad immediately rather than "She should discover it on her own" nonsense)

On the other hand, it's also obvious that the main setpieces from the movie seem to be something they actually wanted to do with FGO Camelot but couldn't do due to VN limitations or was thought of later(We actually see how the "Tower At The Ends of The World" truly work outside of the ingame map and truly start eroding the entire World, the fact that Model Camelot truly is Rhongomyniad as well which is just stated ingame but the movie shows how it truly should look once activated and how Ozymandias' Reality Marble Main Temple can fly and functions like that) or how we get the fights we couldn't see ingame(Like Lancelot vs. Agravain though we don't see how Agravain won) or how it would happen in the different timeline(Sanzang vs. Mordred).
Sanzang in particular was done surprisingly well despite how the Camelot movie cuts her off at the knees(It's all but stated the Sanzang we see in Camelot is in fact the one we meet in the Journey To The West Event and she even alludes to it and she loses her biggest contribution into opening the Gates of Model Camelot) by further expanding on her abilities(to the point she even gained Sun Wukong's duplication ability) and even taking Clarent Blood Arthur to the face twice against Mordred(which fits her being able to match Lancelot in a fight) meanwhile having a more serious demeanor but not sacrificing entirely her main personality.

Ultimately, I feel if the first movie was done better, the Camelot duology could have actually worked despite the changes but the biggest problem was the first movie entirely.
I'll be doing Mandricardo's Archive at long last today but I'll probably watch either the Heaven's Feel Movies next week or finally watch the Babylonia Anime(no, I have never truly watched it, just saw highlights) instead.

EDIT: Okay, now I'm really laughing to myself because of course Ozymandias is Weather Report in the Dub, no wonder he sounded so right.

Alright Mandricardo Time? Alright:

mandricardo4.png

MY FRIEND TIME!

Class: Rider
True Name: Mandricardo
Sex: Male
Origin: Orlando Innamorato (Orlando in Love), Orlando Furioso (The Frenzy of Orlando)
Region: France
Alignment: True Neutral
Height: 171cm
Weight: 68kg

Parameters:
Strength: C |
Endurance: B |
Agility: A |
Mana: C |
Luck: B |
Noble Phantasm: A

HISTORICAL BIOGRAPHY
Mandricardo was the king of Tatar (an equestrian ethnic group in the Mongolian Plateau) before he left his homeland and became an adventurer in a quest to avenge his late father. At the end of his adventure, he acquired the shield and armor of Hektor. Hektor’s sword Durendal, however, remained in the hands of Roland, the very man who killed his father. Enraged, Mandricardo then set out wandering to find Roland. After some twists and turns, Mandricardo eventually won both the legendary sword and the love of his life, but a duel with Ruggiero would cost him both Hektor’s armor and his very life. Although he may have been the enemy who triggered Roland’s episode of going blind with rage and utterly naked, Mandricardo never played a part in the main plot of the narrative. While his brilliant feats were depicted in Orlando Innamorato, he was simply portrayed as one of the many obstacles standing in both Ruggiero’s and Roland’s way in Orlando Furioso.

FateGO BIOGRAPHY
He used to be a king and adventurer! After obtaining Hektor’s armor at the end of his adventure, he then set off on numerous journeys in high spirits! The quest for Durendal was one riddled with tireless fights and twists and turns. By the end of it all, Mandricardo had been exposed to the vanity of life. Treat him nicely… In his lifetime, he wreaked havoc with an attitude of self-importance and an air of supremacy. But this changed following his defeat in the hands of Ruggiero, Bradamante’s lover. Having been slain by Ruggiero even with Hektor’s armor and Durendal at his disposal appears to have left Mandricardo traumatized. He is now diffident when interacting with his Master. Communication, a determining key factor in a Holy Grail War, fills him with dread… Yet for some reason he gets recommended as a beginner friendly Servant. He does regain some confidence during battle, which is perhaps his way of lifting his ego.

CLASS SKILLS

Riding: B
The ability to ride mounts. Mandricardo is capable of riding most mounts except for phantasmal species, demonic beasts or holy beasts.

Magic Resistance: C
Nullifies magecraft activated with a two-verse chant or less. His skill is incapable of blocking Greater Magecraft or Rituals.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Armor of the Nine Worthies: A
This skill is the sublimation of the anecdote of Mandricardo wearing Hektor’s armor. All the numerous anecdotes surrounding Hektor strengthen Mandricardo’s body, with the collective overwhelming legendary power of said anecdotes granting him Pseudo-Charisma.

The End Strike: C
On the verge of death, this skill enables Mandricardo to unleash an all-out strike. It is close to but not the same as Battle Continuation in the sense that he is guaranteed to perish after landing a strike. The higher the rank, the greater the damage. At rank C, one full-power strike can be unleashed at just the right measure.

Brigliadoro’s Neigh: A
This skill is the sublimation of the episode of Mandricardo stealing and riding the famed horse Brigliadoro. It increases his mobility, attack power, and reputation at the cost of making him an easy target for enemies. To add, this skill allows him to steal and ride demonic beasts ranked C or lower.

Yeah, none of these skills pop up in Atlantis sadly...(Not even during his final part but I guess it would be pointless)

NOBLE PHANTASM

Serment de Durendal (Oath To Never Bear a Sword)
Classification: Anti-Personnel |
Range: 1 |
Max no. of targets: 1
Serment de Durendal: This Noble Phantasm embodies Mandricardo’s oath to not don a sword until he acquires the sought-after Durendal and in turn grants any weapon he wields specs equivalent to the legendary sword’s power. Though bearing similarities to Lancelot’s Noble Phantasm Knight of Owner, Serment de Durendal surpasses the former in that it possesses the same level of power as Durendal, and in essence treats any weapon used as if it were the original sword. It is worth noting, however, that while it copies Durendal’s default power, the durability corresponds to the rank of the weapon he uses (mostly at rank E).

Here, after stating he has sublimated his Servant selves' Noble Phantasm, Mandricardo uses this NP to block/deflect Antares Snipe though it does injure Chiyome to the point she couldn't move.

Rêve de Durendal (The Unrivaled Sword of Dreams)
Classification: Anti-Personnel |
Range: 1 |
Max no. of targets: 1

Rêve de Durendal: This anti-personnel Noble Phantasm can be activated through the sealing and destroying of Serment de Durendal. The unrivaled sword he once possessed is his again for the taking. Armor of the Nine Worthies, which is a regular skill in this state, is sublimed into Hektor’s sacred artifact, showing unparalleled improvement of his defense stats. In a regular Holy Grail War, this Noble Phantasm can only be activated if Mandricardo believes his current self to be capable of wielding the true Durendal. Information regarding this Noble Phantasm is sealed and inaccessible even for his Master. In the fifth Lostbelt, because Hektor gave him Durindana (Durendal) and because he was driven by his objective to save the friends he met on his journey, Mandricardo managed to activate this Noble Phantasm. He accomplished the miracle of thwarting Artemis’ arrow. Following this feat, Mandricardo perished.

Here, ... well, the entire scene of him getting permission from Hektor, him renouncing the first Noble Phantasm and wielding Durendal and deflecting Artemis' Arrow is all there.

Strength, Speed, Defense, Endurance?
To be added later(I'll do this part tomorrow)

Yeah, short but sweet. Paris will be next and then I'll round off with Achilles because of course, I'll have to include Fate/Apocrypha stuff he has done too and yeah, it's gonna take a minute rounding all of that up like it did for Karna.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Nice, you wanna try the 2nd Camelot movie next?
The 1st Camelot movie has virtually nothing to write home about outside of the Stella/Rhongomyniad clash.
I'll work my way through things slowly when I feel like it :maybe

Which will inevitably include the first film and even Deen's bullshit

Just happens to be a slow week so I had some time to fuck around a bit.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
It does point out to being a dream or a simulation, but she was confident it happened and that she could do that.

So , even if it was a dream, it doesn't necesarily invalidate the posibility of her soloing the Grands.

For the purposes of this hobby though, we just don't have enough info to assert that so ...yeah, the answer skews towards no.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Where do we place Ritsuka :hm

Like the Mystic Code he has in Solomon is pretty solid

Bearing in mind?

This is what Lev accomplished vs Alexander and the weakened Demon Pillar separating them at the time.

Specifically, the same wind magecraft bowled through the super heated Demon Pillar and proceeded to cut off Alexander's leg and arm.

Might be worth comparing to what Darius III/Lu Bu/Nero Claudius accomplished too? :hm

Vaguely looked like Darius III/Lu Bu's strike both heated and pulped the Demon God Pillar section at any rate.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Guess for comparison you have Weakened Goetia's performance against Rama, Fuuma Kotarou, and Quetzalcoatl?

There's definitely room to argue Goetia got weaker by the moment after Ars Nova, but that's still suspect when one of Ritsuka's strikes was helped by being propelled into his ass by Asterios.

I heard that Ritsuka's Mystic Code in Solomon is absurdly enhanced, allows him to Summon Servants(Not Shadows) freely and literally eats into his lifeforce to work optimally, meaning it's a genuine super suit and I heard it's implied that Ritsuka will wear a similar suit in the climax of the Lostbelt Saga.

So I think it easily fits with Ritsuka being up there with it on, especially when he got help from Gilgamesh.

The others are definitely in the Continental+ Range and above as I remember, Lu Bu is able to fight Cu in Extra or CCC, Darius is able to fight decently with Iskandar(FGO has them fight but I heard it was a weakened Iskandar but they still fought very evenly till Ritsuka was gonna pass out) and Nero has her bullshit since she blocked Excalibur Galatine twice amongst other shit.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Where do we place Ritsuka :hm

Like the Mystic Code he has in Solomon is pretty solid

Bearing in mind?

This is what Lev accomplished vs Alexander and the weakened Demon Pillar separating them at the time.

Specifically, the same wind magecraft bowled through the super heated Demon Pillar and proceeded to cut off Alexander's leg and arm.

Might be worth comparing to what Darius III/Lu Bu/Nero Claudius accomplished too? :hm

Vaguely looked like Darius III/Lu Bu's strike both heated and pulped the Demon God Pillar section at any rate.
For what it's worth lore wise (tm)

Kirschtaria says Ritsuka's potential as a combatant surpasses his own

make of that what you will

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Kirsch expected to lose the first go around but ritsuka was having a blue screen due to everything that had happened up until that point and wasn’t giving it their all

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
For what it's worth lore wise (tm)

Kirschtaria says Ritsuka's potential as a combatant surpasses his own

make of that what you will
See, this is what happens when FGO is basically a fucking full time job to keep up with :skully

Think the youtube video I have of the arc would take me literally a day to watch? :hm

Good too know.

I heard that Ritsuka's Mystic Code in Solomon is absurdly enhanced, allows him to Summon Servants(Not Shadows) freely and literally eats into his lifeforce to work optimally, meaning it's a genuine super suit and I heard it's implied that Ritsuka will wear a similar suit in the climax of the Lostbelt Saga.
I mean, they literally have him doing that Prisma Ilya shit down to the mana wings when he's going full tilt. It makes sense its quite the power boost, just kind of funny to see in action.
The others are definitely in the Continental+ Range and above as I remember, Lu Bu is able to fight Cu in Extra or CCC, Darius is able to fight decently with Iskandar(FGO has them fight but I heard it was a weakened Iskandar but they still fought very evenly till Ritsuka was gonna pass out) and Nero has her bullshit since she blocked Excalibur Galatine twice amongst other shit.
Didn't Nero break Galatine when enhanced by her NP too? Encore was not a good show, but it did have some bizarre fights.

I know its supposed to be symbolic of his will being weaker than hers or whatever the fuck when it comes to breaking a sword, but its still pretty fucking silly.

Also, cut up episodes 18 and 19 of Babylonia. Wanna try and at least dice up 15 through 20 for all the Lahmu/Tiamat related shit.

Back