• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

TYPE-Moon/Nasuverse Feats/General Thread

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
That's not what I mean Cross. The whole point with Goetia's plan is that he has to screw with the QTL's to make any real changes in time and for his plan to actually work, what Nemo is doing by comparison is just snatching some gloves and trying to do anything else would screw with Time in a real bad way.

He has to circumvent them by going back to the birth of the planet, but that was the extent of his interaction with them that I recall. That's why he needed all that energy, to push himself back far enough. His goal was to prevent human suffering (and also fuck over the AG) so he had to go back all the way, but there wasn't any indication that once he'd suceeded he'd still have to contend with the planets defenses.

My issue is just that since Nemo has already sucessfully traveled back in time, thus circumventing the defenses against such acts, there shouldn't be any actual barriers preventing him from attempting to change things. The Timelocks shouldn't really be an issue unless there's one between the Incineration and the Bleaching, and even then it just means that roughly the same ending to the Incineration would be acheived, and I don't think believe that necessitates all of the exact same people dying/living.

I'm pretty sure there is an actual explanation in the event, I'm just curious about what the mechanism to prevent Nemo from doing this actually is. Like is the Counter Force going to show up in person and dope slap Nemo for trying or is he just going to get unsummoned?

Proto234

Distinguished
He has to circumvent them by going back to the birth of the planet, but that was the extent of his interaction with them that I recall. That's why he needed all that energy, to push himself back far enough. His goal was to prevent human suffering (and also fuck over the AG) so he had to go back all the way, but there wasn't any indication that once he'd suceeded he'd still have to contend with the planets defenses.

My issue is just that since Nemo has already sucessfully traveled back in time, thus circumventing the defenses against such acts, there shouldn't be any actual barriers preventing him from attempting to change things. The Timelocks shouldn't really be an issue unless there's one between the Incineration and the Bleaching, and even then it just means that roughly the same ending to the Incineration would be acheived, and I don't think believe that necessitates all of the exact same people dying/living.

I'm pretty sure there is an actual explanation in the event, I'm just curious about what the mechanism to prevent Nemo from doing this actually is. Like is the Counter Force going to show up in person and dope slap Nemo for trying or is he just going to get unsummoned?
The problem is if Nemo tries to do massive change, Time Paradox will occur. See Habenyan on what happens when you get hit with Time Paradox

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
So....did they explain why Nemo can't change anything or is it just vague "time wouldn't like that" stuff?

I didn't want to post everything cause the translation is not completey clear in some areas but yes he just gets hard erased

aKjyEYV.png

EbYTipX.png

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I didn't want to post everything cause the translation is not completey clear in some areas but yes he just gets hard erased

aKjyEYV.png

EbYTipX.png

Cool, that answers my question. I figured they'd have something on it, though the fact they just get blipped out is kinda funny since the world normally doesn't just hit the delete key.

Be a lot easier if it did that a bit more often :skully

And I said that before, I'm not sure why Cross keeps fighting me on it considering how hard Goetia went to avoid that issue for his plan...

I wasn't fighting you on shit, Xhom, you just weren't listening to me. :catskully

My question was "what would the planet do if he did something", not whether there was a mechanism in place at all. No shit the planet doesn't like time travel, i just wanted to know if it was doing something special in this case since Nemo bypassed the usual defenses (time locks and such) by virtue of having sucessfully time traveled.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
You gotta look at Mahoyo for that

Aoko even thinking of messing with the timestream got the same guardian that ambushed her at the amusement park deployed on her ass. This is a nice little nugget of consistency with that

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
You gotta look at Mahoyo for that

Aoko even thinking of messing with the timestream got the same guardian that ambushed her at the amusement park deployed on her ass. This is a nice little nugget of consistency with that
True, but at some point she also just uses the fifth to remove dude from the timeline so she doesn't have to deal with him. He was immediately replaced but by someone who didn't wanna do their job apparently :skully

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Koyan's motivation was even dumber than I thought :whutpepe

Hearing about the JP event made it sound like she was pissed at humanity for not caring about the Tunguska event, but instead she basically just decided after her birth that humans sucked so she would hate them.

That's... not what happened at all...
Like Tunguska has got flaws but Koyanskaya's whole "Grudge" against Humanity is basically manufactured to be wrong in the first place(The Animals confused the Meteor Airburst to Gun fire and created Koyanskaya to take revenge on Humanity but because of how she was born, she knew it was horseshit from the start but while she did focus on the other things Humanity does to fuck over Nature and Animals, it isn't the same compared to the purpose she was BORN FOR being wrong so she's just half-asses it)

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
You can't become a Beast without loving humanity so the whole "i hate humans" part was a shitty way to set up her mystery and probably a shitty red herring.

Her whole identity schtick also sucked .

Koyanskaya was done dirty by the writers and as a consequence the whole story sucked big times.

A shame too since its setting had potential, we got some nice visuals and we also got a semi decent new char in Taigong.

No wonder i got sick of FGO by the time this came out in JP.

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
Nah tunguska wasn't that well liked when it first came out either

suspicions point to higashide but w/e

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Well, whenever shit sucks hard, you either suspect Higashide or Sakurai.

Pretty sure Nasu was responsible for Koyan (at least that's what the mats imply) and Sakurai for the event in this case.

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
Sakurai wrote ibuki and nasu the intro, but someone else wrote the middle/end parts because they don't fit sakurai's style

which is why most suspect it's higashide

Back