Game Ranked You Will Eat The Bugs - A Mafia game brought to you by the World Economic Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grammaton

Consigliere
Easily done by no longer playing.

Thanks for the game, Ultra. Was a fun read. Congrats to the wolves. Ciao :)

Well if you’re quitting, you’re quitting, but in the event you play again, please think a little before making an entrance that’s going to get you in the shit

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
My point being is you still make it exceedingly difficult doing these whacky experiments that are best left to unranked games

Had you rand scum, you'd be crucified and it'd be for a fair reason lmao
You make it difficult for everyone in ranked, dude, but whatever
you're kinda like flower lmao

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
@Tempest could you never reach a town read on me because i kept pressuring you or was it something else?
I think it was the circumstances, I didn't understand your d3 scum read on me as I felt I was playing well outside of my scum range with my effort levels. Then rugrat and RDK ride in and switch the lynch to scum nibel, then the following day (which I was only around for 1 hour in) I saw you had suddenly caught scum in reloaded (who we both previously had as scum and both decided to move on from) and now Rugrat/RDK were dead and you were back to trying to lynch me. Felt like a frame job to me rather than a genuine belief I was scum.

I think if it wasn't for that I would have been able to look past you and Lind and given more scrutiny to the other slots and entertain that Lind was on the right track rather than being your protected partner who was trying to solve outside of what I thought was your team. It looked like he had fenced himself in with his generous town reads to me but didn't want to bus you either.

In retrospect, we were way too generous with poyser after d3. Pretty sure I pushed him some prior to that but forgot the reasons. This game felt long to me and I forgot a lot of what I was doing earlier in the game as it went on which also put me in some trouble when having to explain myself, something poyser was also able to exploit at times.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I really knew I should've focused on Flower harder, Ratchet giving that broadly blatantly bullshit town read on Melkor was always fishy.

Poyser

I really knew I should've focused on Flower harder, Ratchet giving that broadly blatantly bullshit town read on Melkor was always fishy.
Magic: Dude you need to stop tunnelling and pre flipping people and forming connections based on that as if you're wrong then it throws your entire solve off

Fang: The lesson Ive taken from this game is that one of the scum members read the person that I preflipped scum as town and realistically nobody could read him town so was obviously bullshit. In future I will make sure to harder tunnel the people that disagree with my reads

:bjpenn

Rugrat

Caldust
It is both easier and more accurate to identify town than scum. The fundamental of good play is to identify other town and make yourself identifiable as town.

People would be much better served having more rigid town reads; then being fluid with the reads outside of those and gradually adding them to their town list until a PoE scum list manifests. Town wins in my experience aren’t by hunting scum, it’s by working together with other town reads and filtering through the non-town reads.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Magic: Dude you need to stop tunnelling and pre flipping people and forming connections based on that as if you're wrong then it throws your entire solve off

Fang: The lesson Ive taken from this game is that one of the scum members read the person that I preflipped scum as town and realistically nobody could read him town so was obviously bullshit. In future I will make sure to harder tunnel the people that disagree with my reads

:bjpenn
I mean that's not what I said. I said I should've caught on the lazy town read with zero basis from Ratchet before he subbed out on Melkor. I was right more or less having Reloaded and Nibel as scum, so I don't think I did too bad there just based off vibes. And before you repeat Magic's words back at me verbatim, again, the way players like Ultra, Ekko, and Ratchet historically have progressed their threadplay around Melkor is well known to me.

Poyser

I mean that's not what I said. I said I should've caught on the lazy town read with zero basis from Ratchet before he subbed out on Melkor. I was right more or less having Reloaded and Nibel as scum, so I don't think I did too bad there just based off vibes. And before you repeat Magic's words back at me verbatim, again, the way players like Ultra, Ekko, and Ratchet historically have progressed their threadplay around Melkor is well known to me.
I dont think you played terrible or anything, but the problem is your lack of willingness to reconsider. It becomes an issue in endgame because there are much less townies so it becomes important to work together and perhaps make compromises. When you're just tunneling the same thing over and over without much scope of movement, you become an obstacle to the rest of town. Obviously if you're right thats one thing, but if you're wrong then it compounds the issue. Even if you are right though, you still need to work together with people to see their pov. People disagreeing with you on a read doesnt mean they are protecting their scum mate, it just means they see things differently. You need to try and work out why they see it differently and either take their thoughts into consideration or explain why you disagree etc and then decide if you think they are scum or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back