Ranked Baki Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayumi

Illustrious
Lot of neutrals on particularly contentious players, really makes me regret my early town lean on you :<
meh. I’m more likely to expect scum to comment on contentious players and take a specific stance on them, especially if experienced. It’s much easier to fake a read given the fact you have TMI either way lol. I don’t think having null/neutral reads on players towards the forefront of thread is alignment indicative, especially this early.

Hayumi

Illustrious
Alright, I'mma head to sleep but I'll just say that I looked through Baki's posts cause there's been constant mention of him. I'm confused about this one, cause the leading cause seems to be the fluff posting. I agree with this, it's scummy. I might push in this direction but I'd like to know if they're generally always like this. I mean, they come off as a little chaotic/childish and idk if that's just their personality.
As someone who also isn’t too familiar with their play I also want to know if that’s the norm or considered odd/a scum tell for them. I don’t personally see the major fuss over him being sus for fluffing and inquiring about if there’s 5 scum but maybe I’m missing something

Frinckles

Paramount
I mean I suppose you can't really explain it since this is the type of thing that can only be solved through a flip effectively, since 1) I don't know you 2) you don't know us 3) I can't tell whether you're bluffing and need more exposure to you
Resolving this via flip is fine to me given that I think town has started finding eachother and will make weeding out scum easier. Leaving me alive at this point would just make slots like Sky more paranoid.

Don't get me wrong, I'll hammer anything that moves to live if needed. It's a ranked game and I'm entitled to self prez, but in the status quo the game seems to want me bounced and no other slots are gaining reasonable traction. Like, none, strangely enough.

That's about all I got for now.

Magic

Resplendent
Resolving this via flip is fine to me given that I think town has started finding eachother and will make weeding out scum easier. Leaving me alive at this point would just make slots like Sky more paranoid.

Don't get me wrong, I'll hammer anything that moves to live if needed. It's a ranked game and I'm entitled to self prez, but in the status quo the game seems to want me bounced and no other slots are gaining reasonable traction. Like, none, strangely enough.

That's about all I got for now.
Ya i don't think this is exactly a wifom defense.

Magic

Resplendent
Aside from noticing her perpetual annoyance, I don't sense any agenda pushing

I don't sense any solving from logistics either, I think her judgement is kind of askew and she's genuinely becoming paranoid over the possibility of you rolling scum and trying to control the thread
It comes across, to me, as sincere

So from that perspective, a light soft town lean

I'm likely too sympathetic to this plight as I've been in it myself, I wouldn't want any potential scenario of a town leader actually deep wolfing covertly to get away if that's the case and I'm getting pinged by it
It throws off every single of my reads if someone like you were to flip wolf, so I think she's basing alot of her alignment reads around you
So what would you expect out of scum in her slot?

She didn't vote me she voted her previous town read as it's a weaker option than me while claiming it's to solve me when alternatively it's the best insurance it won't be her.

Sky

So unreliable.
Pronouns
She/Her
So what would you expect out of scum in her slot?

She didn't vote me she voted her previous town read as it's a weaker option than me while claiming it's to solve me when alternatively it's the best insurance it won't be her.
No, I voted my "previous town read" to help the town consensus and to solve you. NL is bad

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
vote sky

im not against the frinckles wagon or anything but i feel like there's a lot of pressure there and almost no defense and if he has a team i think there would be at least some push back or an alternative wagon. bachi could be the alternative wagon but tweet is the one mostly pushing that and i dont think tweet is scum. sky is also pushing that and it could be a distance between the two as tweet mentioned earlier but overall bachi appears rather antagonistic. i still havent had the time to cross compare to the previous game but i dont want to keep refraining from voting.

although i do want clarification on their read on me and what a soul read is.

im not huge on jinri's resulting reads from the read back and honestly dont really see retro as town right now either but ive never seen her scum game. overall she appears lacking.
This post is giving me vibes from the MHW game where you also made a very similar post to steer the direction away from your teammate and onto a townie. I also can't really grasp your actual reason for going Sky over Bachi here tbh.

Frinckles

Paramount
I’m here babe :catjamn
Jinri is sinister, way too safe and slyly pushing. Do not trust.

You trying to basically do something that condemns you trying to buy brownie points because "scum would never do that".
Oh lmao. No, kill me. You and Sky will go apeshit all day otherwise and I'm pretty sure you're both just town. Likely Retro too but I'm not gonna attempt any more godreads.

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
Alright, so here's what occured in terms of votes

Gram, Gad, Orwellian immediately hop on it, Sky being more hesitant to just slam her hand on the button

Gram and Sky's votes are NAI as there's more history and reasoning behind it being the primary reason for this enthusiastism behind Chouchou being lynched here which makes it harder to decipher from the game play itself
Won't discount the possibility of scum simply getting a free lynch in here, and if there is, two scenarios might come into play:
Scenario 1: Gram is opportunistic scum and the only that that can be read from the interaction is it's just, well, stupidly fucking easy
Scenario 2: Sky is the scum in this scenario, but she's more hesitant to throw a vote on Chou because it would make it harder to ignore accountability toward a potential mislynch

I can't easily pick this stuff apart because there's history there that clearly does impact the game regardless of alignment and they're both fairly infuriated, so if one of them is scum, it'll just be a LHF scenario with some spice added to it with some earnest reactions thrown into the mix

I don't sense any opportunism from Gram and Sky in particular

As for the less personal votes:
Orwellian didn't really give much input on Chou's slot, feels like he's half assing this

Gad doesn't give a satisfactory response but there is less direct antagonism featured in his approach to voting Chou here, it *reads* townie and the approach he has can be explained by less familiarity with people here as he's explained
Easy copout, as he atleast would have enough knowledge to understand these scenarios aren't something to jump on unless given a reason

These are my 2cs ATM - once Chou flips I'm gonna be going back and seeing what I got wrong
I echo the sentiment that Aurelian seemed to be very nonchalant about the vote

Frinckles

Paramount
Oh lmao. No, kill me. You and Sky will go apeshit all day otherwise and I'm pretty sure you're both just town. Likely Retro too but I'm not gonna attempt any more godreads.
Like Sky's worldbuilding is absolutely insane to a degree, I get it. But they're also one of the only 4 people in here doing it and I don't think the vote was scummy just because they were a little opportunistic there. You need to be opportunistic as town to get results sometimes. Even if my wagon is 100% pure (lmao its not), it's all just the nature of the game.

Also scum!Sky doesn't give that reaction to my VT fake fake fake claim. Atleast, I don't think they would from how I read them.

Frinckles

Paramount
Well, honestly Sky's worldbuilding us as teammates isnt that insane. Its kind of ironic though because i accused you of bussing nibel as a scummate and then nibel followed the vote from sky calling us teammates

VC 3 D1

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
Vote Lynch Frinckeles

I said "at best" we vig, which was beside the more important point of not wasting a lynch of them. I didn't advocate to vig D1:catsalute

Anyway, I see Bachi vs Sky and maybe Aurelian vs Xeno.

Not sure why Xeno wasted their available time arguing over one vote when they were going to leave for a while on vacation. Seems like a waste. I'd place into a suspicious pile. Could be town but I'd like to see some town actions from them. I haven't seen anything.

Frinkles pressure. I like the poke.

[vote lynch Frinkles]

Vote Frinkles

vote sky

im not against the frinckles wagon or anything but i feel like there's a lot of pressure there and almost no defense and if he has a team i think there would be at least some push back or an alternative wagon. bachi could be the alternative wagon but tweet is the one mostly pushing that and i dont think tweet is scum. sky is also pushing that and it could be a distance between the two as tweet mentioned earlier but overall bachi appears rather antagonistic. i still havent had the time to cross compare to the previous game but i dont want to keep refraining from voting.

although i do want clarification on their read on me and what a soul read is.

im not huge on jinri's resulting reads from the read back and honestly dont really see retro as town right now either but ive never seen her scum game. overall she appears lacking.

Unvote
Vote Frinckles

This can also help to solve Magic going by my own personal theories

I will follow your theory. They would have use my interaction with Magic to make comedy.
Vote Frinckles

Vote Count 3, Day 1

Aurelian - Craig > Xenos > Chouchou > Sky
Magic - Nibel > Craig > Sky
Retro - Nibel
Gram - Aurelian > ChouChou (invalid) > Frinckles
Frinckles - Bachi
Sky - Bachi > ChouChou > Bachi > Frinckles
Craig - Bachi > Sky > Frinckles
Xenos - Aurelian
Hayumi - Gram
Tweet - Bachi