Game Death Note Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
@Grammaton my metric for HM/MVP is probably different than yours

I just respect the fact that ultra and poyser were ready to get themselves sused out just to drive the thread, even if they were wrong they at least actually tried to lead. do you see what I mean?

Flower

King of Nera
V.I.P. Member
For example poyser began day 2 thinking lethal bring alive prob meant he was scum, cause he was still thinking in terms of parity
All scum need to do was stall. And just guess every player as L/N which is kinda lame. This is why I thought scum was the guys more on the sidelines and not the ones making themselves stand out. And was right.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
I don't really have an issue with that. It's a learning experience at the end of the day, and I'm pretty certain I'm in a comfortable minority of 1 of players/hosts who like lynchpins besides (I also like Kingmaker, so...). As a first run around, I don't think it was a horrible attempt - claiming was mostly controlled and later in the game I think the general strategy clicked on for players, which is really all I hoped for.

I think, as long as there was some fun to be had by most, I'm satisfied. I have definitely gotten too comfortable with lynchpins lately though, so next one I end up hosting *probably* won't have them.

Do a kingmaker next. The King needs to sit upon his throne once again.

Grammaton

Consigliere
you and everyone else cared at their own capacity

if I have to select 2 players I think utlra and posyer stood out to me as the most driving forces

u rly didn't drive anything. its just the reality of it lol

Better than driving myself off a cliff tho

Flower

King of Nera
V.I.P. Member
For example, you put your life on the line for Lethal. Poyser for me and this is why I thought you guys were just Town.

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor

I just respect the fact that ultra and poyser were ready to get themselves sused out just to drive the thread, even if they were wrong they at least actually tried to lead. do you see what I mean?
I think you could probably also consider that he was a Lynchpin, so there is an extra degree of pressure there too. It's probably one of the hardest roles to play, because while the rest of the town want to fool scum into thinking that they're lynchpins, the lynchpins want to make scum think that they're vanilla.

Grammaton

Consigliere

I do, but I don’t think you’re factoring in that I had to protect myself as well - like being a pin definitely affected my thinking and willingness to go all out

Flower

King of Nera
V.I.P. Member
I think you could probably also consider that he was a Lynchpin, so there is an extra degree of pressure there too. It's probably one of the hardest roles to play, because while the rest of the town want to fool scum into thinking that they're lynchpins, the lynchpins want to make scum think that they're vanilla.
Actually being a lynchpin is a bit easier, at least for me, because you can just push anyone with not that many consequences. I mean, just claim Indie Survivor and coast lol.

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
Do a kingmaker next. The King needs to sit upon his throne once again.
Last time, in Maid Wars, almost everyone complained about it and I think it kills discussion too. One of those games I'd run as a side affair to a bigger one that's running if/when this place gets there. I was concious of the small size of the game here, as I'd noticed some discussion around a chunk of players not getting to play, which is why I tried to speed phases up too (which I think I did a reasonably good job with).

Emil

V.I.P. Member
I do, but I don’t think you’re factoring in that I had to protect myself as well - like being a pin definitely affected my thinking and willingness to go all out
i am factoring it in the same sense that me being indie forced me to somewhat try to overly solve and kill mafia before they are even lynched, but I think in the grand scheme of things you shouldn't change your play just cuz u r a pin. id probably just blend with town more to appear more vanilla

you probably thought that mafia had a straight up factional kill that doesn't need names i guess

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
Last time, in Maid Wars, almost everyone complained about it and I think it kills discussion too. One of those games I'd run as a side affair to a bigger one that's running if/when this place gets there. I was concious of the small size of the game here, as I'd noticed some discussion around a chunk of players not getting to play, which is why I tried to speed phases up too (which I think I did a reasonably good job with).

But you know what? The game ended after Day 2, thanks to The King

No democracy needed. I even was able to issue commands to the townies, and those who didn't obey were executed for treason.

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
Actually being a lynchpin is a bit easier, at least for me, because you can just push anyone with not that many consequences. I mean, just claim Indie Survivor and coast lol.
Would have to claim something like Ryuk for that, and the risk is obviously being checked by scum, and a Survivor has no reason to push anyone besides. Especially in this setup (and by flavour, Kira being able to kill a Shinigami makes no sense, neither does L being able to arrest them). It's definitely more pressure, because if you make any mistake you risk the game straight up. This game is a pretty good example of that, actually.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
as vanilla i have 20000 posts in your face kill me or I kill you playstyle so cant rly relate but that might just be me

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
But you know what? The game ended after Day 2, thanks to The King

No democracy needed. I even was able to issue commands to the townies, and those who didn't obey were executed for treason.
I believe instead of King I used "Headmaid", actually. You're welcome.

Grammaton

Consigliere
i am factoring it in the same sense that me being indie forced me to somewhat try to overly solve and kill mafia before they are even lynched, but I think in the grand scheme of things you shouldn't change your play just cuz u r a pin. id probably just blend with town more to appear more vanilla

you probably thought that mafia had a straight up factional kill that doesn't need names i guess

my ‘usual’ town play gets me killed/rolecopped night 1 , night 2 at the latest

Flower

King of Nera
V.I.P. Member
Would have to claim something like Ryuk for that, and the risk is obviously being checked by scum, and a Survivor has no reason to push anyone besides. Especially in this setup (and by flavour, Kira being able to kill a Shinigami makes no sense, neither does L being able to arrest them). It's definitely more pressure, because if you make any mistake you risk the game straight up. This game is a pretty good example of that, actually.
Yeah. I just think that coasting is a valid strategy for a lynchpin.

I was also talking about the Chess game when I was a lynchpin myself. It‘s pressure because you need to survive, but you can also scum hunt more efficiently than as a non lynchpin because you have fewer risks.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
my ‘usual’ town play gets me killed/rolecopped night 1 , night 2 at the latest
rip then
this adds an extra layer of wifom for us to deal with when it comes to solving u, which made the game fun to play yet frustrating to solve at the same time

Emil

V.I.P. Member
Yeah. I just think that coasting is a valid strategy for a lynchpin.

I was also talking about the Chess game when I was a lynchpin myself. It‘s pressure because you need to survive, but you can also scum hunt more efficiently than as a non lynchpin because you have fewer risks.
i hard disagree. coasting just hints off that u r a PR or scared to die

if I'm lynch pin I'll be the most obtuse player ever screaming KILL ME

its all really just wifom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back