Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
tbh no

@Poyser and @Ultra take my town HMs

even if they were wrong in their reads, they at least were driving discussion and actually solving. they actually CARED the most

specially poyser when it comes to my wagon. i appreciate him actually taking the time to question me and talk to me while the rest sat watching and posturing and have no input on their own.

ultra might have been wrong on me but I felt like he was genuinely just working with so many unknowns and so much laziness around it was impossible for him to find where to start from. it was overall just a miserable experience and position to be in

yall both still my HM picks for town. ggs

:whatthe:

I was taking the piss.
Poyser gave us a no lynch and lead two town misslynches.

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
Yeah. I just think that coasting is a valid strategy for a lynchpin.

I was also talking about the Chess game when I was a lynchpin myself. It‘s pressure because you need to survive, but you can also scum hunt more efficiently than as a non lynchpin because you have fewer risks.
The problem is, certain players aren't really allowed to coast, and besides, playing a game by not playing it seems rather unfun to me. It's really, really hard to basically carry the game and be extremely disciplined in your play throughout the whole game. Little things, like Lethal self-voting, give away a lot to scum, but a lynchpin making a similar mistake is them dead and with it, potentially the game for the town.

I haven't really looked at the chess game, but my understanding was it wasn't really mafia? I don't think it can really be compared here, especially with the intensity the games here seem like they will be played at (for the better, mind).

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
actually @Grammaton u may be right tho cuz just looking at the mafia chat they actually copped ultra and poyser who i thought were leading the game for town

so if you started to lead they probably cop you instead lol

i guess the way i'd do it if i was in tpein/doddsy's PoV id probably cop bigman you or BLD as they seemed the most reserved. ultra and poyser screamed vanilla that had nothing to lose

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
actually @Grammaton u may be right tho cuz just looking at the mafia chat they actually copped ultra and poyser who i thought were leading the game for town

i guess the way i'd do it if i was in tpein/doddsy's PoV id probably cop bigman you or BLD as they seemed the most reserved. ultra and poyser screamed vanilla that had nothing to lose
For the record, the second cop was, as you would see, between Ultra and Gram, too. Some players are just magnets for actions, usually out of reputation they've earned, so I think consideration has to be given here.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
For the record, the second cop was, as you would see, between Ultra and Gram, too. Some players are just magnets for actions, usually out of reputation they've earned, so I think consideration has to be given here.
i dont think thats the optimal way to use cop here but I digress

Grammaton

Consigliere
The problem is, certain players aren't really allowed to coast, and besides, playing a game by not playing it seems rather unfun to me. It's really, really hard to basically carry the game and be extremely disciplined in your play throughout the whole game. Little things, like Lethal self-voting, give away a lot to scum, but a lynchpin making a similar mistake is them dead and with it, potentially the game for the town.

I haven't really looked at the chess game, but my understanding was it wasn't really mafia? I don't think it can really be compared here, especially with the intensity the games here seem like they will be played at (for the better, mind).

the chess game was 2 teams, two opposing lynchpins, no claiming, no role results (cause that’d be tantamount to claiming) and no win conditions til halfway through the game

I’m sure someone enjoyed it lol

Emil

V.I.P. Member
anyways ggs fellas

onto the next one

cant wait to see poyser's reaction :hestonpls

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
i dont think thats the optimal way to use cop here but I digress
T-Pein had a pretty good idea with using it on players hard to lynch. Basically, there are three ways mafia reliably reduces the PoE for the lynchpins

- Their 2 shot cop
- Nightkills
- Lynches

So Mafia need to try and get lynches onto players that they neither kill through or cop. So leaving the more mislynchable around to be checked off by that route instead of burning kills or cop shots on them makes a lot of sense.

Flower

King of Nera
V.I.P. Member
the chess game was 2 teams, two opposing lynchpins, no claiming, no role results (cause that’d be tantamount to claiming) and no win conditions til halfway through the game

I’m sure someone enjoyed it lol
Claiming White Pawn to a White Pawn in a chat as the Black King. A classic.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them

We just copped people we knew we couldn't Lynch and get a claim from them.
Poyser and Gramma but then we went with Ultra instead of gramma.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
T-Pein had a pretty good idea with using it on players hard to lynch. Basically, there are three ways mafia reliably reduces the PoE for the lynchpins

- Their 2 shot cop
- Nightkills
- Lynches

So Mafia need to try and get lynches onto players that they neither kill through or cop. So leaving the more mislynchable around to be checked off by that route instead of burning kills or cop shots on them makes a lot of sense.
We just copped people we knew we couldn't Lynch and get a claim from them.
Poyser and Gramma but then we went with Ultra instead of gramma.
thats a fair way to use it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back