• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Death Note Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grammaton

Consigliere
I'm still catching up in the thread so maybe you've developed your defense here, but I'm not impressed with you called my vote OMGUS. First of all, you've never said you scum read me, just that you thought I wasn't being as aggressive as you thought I should be. Are you scum reading me just for that? Because you told me there was actually nothing wrong with my posts. Also, you couldn't even give Lethal a town read after all the mental gymnastics you did for him, so I assumed you weren't actually scum reading me on such a weak reason.

Second of all, I listed out my reasons for my suss on you and you've either ignored them, haven't read, or chose to just say my vote is OMGUS. Reasons are there and yet you've simply slung mud at me and brushed it off.

can you pick a line of attack and stick with it please?

you were unhappy I said I’d vote you or Psychic today (Shortsighted, lazy were two of the words used) - this post moved you off thinking me and ultra was T/T. It’s perfectly reasonable for me to characterise that as OMGUS, or at a the very minimum, a retaliatory vote.

im still not decided on your alignment because it’s a very real possibility that this is just a failure of communication, but obviously if your net contribution is to try and get me lynched for what I perceive to be crappy reasons, I’m not going to look on that favourably

if there’s something else you feel I need to address then tell me

Grammaton

Consigliere
Like I’m looking for town players to collaborate with here - this isn’t going to be a straightforward solve in all likelihood

Grammaton

Consigliere
I’m gonna put it out there that whilst flowers posts are in isolation fine, I want more bite from her - she’s a little bit safe for me, in the sense she’s not really asking any uncomfortable questions

Ultra

THE BEAR
What is safe exactly? Are you just saying that because I don’t scum read Gram? Can’t think of anything else you would be talking about really. Plus if anything gram is the leading wagon so I’d say that’s more SAFE and the fact that I’m not joining and trying to forge my own direction against the run of the thread is pretty UNSAFE

"Safe" refers to your positions in the thread and not even really who you do/don't suspect.

- Voting me for an awkward thread entrance
- Voting X for being a bit less punchy (I honestly don't see this one but it's w/e)
- Voting Psychic for doing the mafia equivalent of sticking her arms out and spinning in a circle

Etc.

Basically you haven't shown any thought process or line of suspicion that involves chin scratching.

Which isn't even an inherently bad thing, necessarily. Hence my response to T Pein.

Ultra

THE BEAR
I'd lean more the struggling for content cos as I said above he was the one who pointed out Psychic lurking - it's like he's looking for anything to latch onto to drive discussion over trivial issues.

Is this not what a mafia game is :zilla:

I don't understand how this applies to me but conveniently not anyone else who suspected psychic.

Ultra

THE BEAR
I overall don't understand why Lethal is handwaving the argument me and Gram had as making much ado over nothing, but has scum shaded me for it while town reading Gram. I have 0 clue where his town read in Gram comes from.

Grammaton

Consigliere
I overall don't understand why Lethal is handwaving the argument me and Gram had as making much ado over nothing, but has scum shaded me for it while town reading Gram. I have 0 clue where his town read in Gram comes from.

Id have to add he initially walked back scum reading you, and then walked that back based on nothing I can see ITT, so yeah

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
0 clue where his town read in Gram comes from.

aacd137d-583b-481b-b8db-d703010e84fd_text.gif

Evans

Acclaimed
But since you asked nicely:

Ultra
T-Pein™
Grammaton
Evans
Black Pegged Dragon
Psychic
CraigPelton
Lethal
Doddsy
Tiara
Poyser

Big Man
Ekkologix

- Evans hasn't done enough to gain a read
- Dragon is null cos I can't see a scum or town motive from his play yet. Discussing my vote and the reaction to it was strange, and he's kinda avoiding confrontation so far
- Craig's been liking posts but not really putting thoughts down
- Doddsy is always gonna be tough for me to read
- Big Man yet to post

As for the town leans:
* Odo I don't feel is gonna stick his neck out to make the observation he did re: my vote and he handled himself comfy with Ultra
* Tiara been transparent about playing this theme before. Seems natural
* Poyser is moreso gut given the line of enquiry
* Ekko is benefit to see how we work together if I'm not being hostile

As for the scum leans:
* Ultra I feel is reading too much into something that isn't there in order to appear busy
* Pein posting nonsense that is full of holes. Oddly defending someone when he's typically lynch happy
* Psychic for the overreaction on Poyser's vote and the paranoia about the lurking assumption

What makes you jump to that conclusion? He wasn't the only one referring to me.

Hmmm well on looking back he's kinda vibing with where I'm at (Tiara, Odo, Psychic) and observed Dragon is less aggressive this game. Ok, I *kinda* get the point that Poyser was getting at with his list.

Curious

Grammaton

Consigliere
@Grammaton You said you would probably come back and vote BPD or Psychic, has anything changes?

Erm, Id want to see more of Psychic in particular, she did promise reads when she came back later which havent materialised so probably good to get those first

Depends what Dragon does tbh. Im not in any rush to decide anything though, a few people have my attention atm.

Evans

Acclaimed
Here's some early thoughts.

Grammaton/Poyser on different sides of Lethal's alignment is intriguing, especially with Gramma town vibing him then bringing back to "I don't know how I feel about Lethal"
So whats the holdup here?

FWIW Im undecided on Lethal at this point

My early vote was taking the piss when drunk, but I still find the early interaction between these two odd. My memory may falter here, but last times I played with these two in a game, they tend to clash heads and wrestle eachother for town leadership.

Poyser who last game was bragging about how he can pick Lethal's alignment out early, which he did last game with his early soft town lean. Even using statistics of like 90% or so to being able to read him. It has me wondering if his scum lean and "he's within scum range" could be distancing. If Poyser has any inkling that Lethal is scum, surely he goes for the jugular and pushes this direction.

I'd expect a lot more bite on Poyser at any point of confidence in someone being scum, let alone someone he was making sure everyone knew he could read easily last game.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Currently reading, just some things I noticed so far:

@Ultra why does it seem off to you that I don‘t have any scum leans yet when it was only really you, Poyser, Gram and me talking before I left?

Also can somebody explain why Gram became a wagon so quickly?

T-Pein feels different this game. Though I don‘t dislike it so far.

Doddsy might be Town here from a first skim. The guy usually acts a lot more confident as scum. He‘s a bit tame.

Ekko is just kinda there.

Unvote.

Evans

Acclaimed
@Grammaton knowing Poyser more so than I - how do you feel about the above around Poysers lack of bite even though he thinks Lethal is likely scum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back