• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Elden Ring Mafia

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
As far as Aurelian is concerned, not to be contrarian but if he is known as Fang, there is a Fang on another site I and a few others play on that plays *almost exactly* like this. His posts are impossible to decipher and it often feels like he exists on a different plane than the rest of us. He did lean into this in one recent scum game I've seen, there was a clear plan to follow and he spent all day arguing around it. I could see him playing like that as both town and scum, I just don't think there will be much value in trying to engage with him about his post content - you have better chance of drawing blood from stone.

TMI?
Is he town?
That or I "feel" you are softing a defense here.

Poyser

I'm not going to bother looking this up but that seems outrageous haha
I actually did the looking back fairly recently lol. 2018 was the last time I was mislynched. Retepadams assassination classroom. And I’ve played across a good couple of different sites in that time including multiple mafia championships! I’m proud of it, although it will no doubt end at some point

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I didn't bother looking at the posts that came before the post T-Pein notified me in.
You should

Every bit of posts are important for getting to the larger whole and deciphering what plays people are making, whether they're timid, whether they're aggro, and discovering why that may be

Poyser

Fwiw rather than being impressive I imagine it’s largely down to scum killing me early and thus there not being too much opportunity. Odo did try his best in Juice’s shitshow of a game tho!

Ultra

THE BEAR
I respond like I always respond. He gets the chance to claim and change the wagon or he gets lynched. It’s really that simple

I understand abiding by principle, but the consequence is also the discussion gets pretty stale when consequence has now been taken off the board for today. Doubly so if he's town.

Because of the possibility of coming to the same situation with a different player, or even a situation where a player claims badly, I don't see why someone with your priors would be content to sit on your laurels at this point and not - as Ratchet suggested - try to extract claims from multiple suspect players and advance the game. My position is different, since I don't place as much emphasis on claims or enforcing strict standards on difficult personalities (IE half the people who play this game).

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
This is based off what I know of him in the one game I played and with his personality in general. I think the thread got canned, but I think in the previous game, he said something along the lines of "I've known Ral for a long time and yada yada" when Ral was trying to swing his vote over. Completely irrelevant to the game, and was town.

I feel the need to provide this context, because Yoshi is otherwise a player who others can use to "generate content" (waste time completely) by trying to draw conclusions when he's operating with a different mentality from the rest of us seasoned players. Feel free to take my word for it, or feel free to waste your time trying to understand.
he was being pocketed by ral that game on a personal level probably. he doesnt know most of the players here so this shudnt be an issue

Emil

V.I.P. Member
there r more new comers than locals this game. the locals are not going to be able to keep up with the meta reads you ws folks are using. probably need to define the meta reads more or not use them all together

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I am suspicious of anyone that barrels in and starts throwing votes around like that. Tagging everyone across multiple posts also feels odd to me in a muddying the waters kind of way. He may just be an enthusiastic combatant eager for a challenge but worth watching nonetheless
this is true, but don't completely toss the idea on day 1 some of them throwing votes are Town players trying to stir up reactions

Lots of you know each other, I'd wager that if some are Town doing this, it's because there's a level of familiarity with that specific player and how they play and getting a specific reaction out of their opponent can help them determine if they might be bad news or not

It's how I have a null read on Fang rn - the context being his busy schedule, and how his play is fairly consistent of either alignment
I just didn't use a vote on him to get a reaction, because others indirectly did it for me

Ultra

THE BEAR
If a player has enough suspicion to gather 12 votes, is given the option to claim as a way to potentially sway the lynch elsewhere, and refuses to do so based on some silly idea they picked up from anime forum Mafia, what exactly do you expect me - or really - anyone, to do? Your angle and approach to this is weird, and I suspect it's motivated by reasons that arent evident from the thread. If that is the case, you're probably going to need to say so.

I haven't made it a secret that I suspect he's town and this would all be a waste of time if so. I don't have strong expectations for leniency, but "da rulez" aren't in my play philosophy. Catching scum takes priority and enforcing standards is only fruitful to meet that goal. This sometimes requires looking the other way on stupid behavior, which is something you struggle to do and it routinely costs you.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
I haven't made it a secret that I suspect he's town and this would all be a waste of time if so. I don't have strong expectations for leniency, but "da rulez" aren't in my play philosophy. Catching scum takes priority
Nice when you planning to get started on that chief?

Emil

V.I.P. Member
hi have we played before?

This just seems like an awful lot to draw from one game you repped into lol. It’s hardly enough to be drawing these kinds of patterns from
its true. wagon was between me and a scum and he voted me over the scum because he knows them more(?) later on he listened to reason and changed votes

Poyser

I understand abiding by principle, but the consequence is also the discussion gets pretty stale when consequence has now been taken off the board for today. Doubly so if he's town.

Because of the possibility of coming to the same situation with a different player, or even a situation where a player claims badly, I don't see why someone with your priors would be content to sit on your laurels at this point and not - as Ratchet suggested - try to extract claims from multiple suspect players and advance the game. My position is different, since I don't place as much emphasis on claims or enforcing strict standards on difficult personalities (IE half the people who play this game).
What’s missing from these calculations are that I think he’s scum and actively want to lynch him tho. It’s not like I’m just chasing him for a claim. I don’t really care what his claim is but he should get it out there because others do and as I said there’s a chance he will actually claim something I don’t want to lynch. Or maybe he’ll claim something that will at least give me second thoughts and want to explore elsewhere whilst I mull it over? If he doesn’t wanna play ball then that’s his funeral not mine

I’m not lynching him out of principle tho, I’m lynching him because I think he’s scum

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Does Ratchet claim under pressure because I kinda prefer that direction NGL

But I also wanna HANG mfers who don't CLAIM

Back