• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Elden Ring Mafia

Evans

Acclaimed
Just for the record, I will only be active again somewhere tomorrow. Not sure if Lethal is the right move tho, what’s the case on him exactly?

My reasons for Lethal have developed since I disagreed with the lean.

There was a lot of post padding and during the soft town lean, he took opportunities put on a plate for him such as joining the thread via the Discord tag and then didn't do a lot game wise other than scum lean on me which he walked back as he "needs to unselfishly view me in the game".

The next interaction about his readbacks felt straight up like fake anger to try and make himself look town. The level of frustration/anger I don't think was proportionate to what was being said to/about him. The readback itself was straight up weird as well. When I asked him for reads/contributions as he'd posted about Aurelian. He instead went at Yoshi and started talking about a part of a game he was actively posting in. Not anything from the readback itsself.

Then the Aurelian hammer. I asked him to throw a vote on when Aurelian was 1 vote away from hammer. He then agrees with Poyser and starts case building on Tweet but votes Ekko? The thread was clearly split between lynching Aurelian or CFDing onto Tweet. There was a lot of what I perceive to be distractions from joining the Aurelian wagon. He then finally chucks his vote on after the hammering vote has been made.

He's looked better with larger posts at BPD/Ultra last night & today but there's been a lot of disproportionate emotional posts and not a lot of attempt at solving the game or pushing his own angles like I'd expect from Lethal (I know it's been a year or so - but one of the arguments has been that Lethal hasn't actually changed that much and his meta is still pretty spot on. This goes both ways with what I'd expect from his town self).

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
Yeah, because I was looking at ways to connect Ekko to Aurelian due to the claim. I found it, and still do, very out of character for Ekko to be wrapped up in flavour and character names and the like. Aurelian (or Fang?) had claimed indy, and Ekko is normally lynch anything that's not town, but had wanted to give him a stay? I said it wasn't to protect a mate but I don't think his intentions were genuine. Indy could be the SK and help scum diminish numbers. Last game I played, Ekko was my team mate. He had shown a desire for the SK to stay alive to help us help reduce town numbers.

See this isn't a nonsense conclusion at all. Yoshi has all this alleged tactical brilliance from one game, Fang was snapping away at anyone who went against him, and you were placating it.

Yeah, I was aware that he had claimed indy. Now I could be mistaken but this was around the time that Poyser and others were picking apart his claim and the mistakes that had been made in it. So I second guessed the indy claim and looked for connections. Town are not going lie about being indy, only scum.

Not sure what this is trying to achieve? My progression was Ekko, who I have, had, and still do scum read, then I went to Fang, then I went part of the CFD on Tweet (because I was still semi-believing the indy claim, like 60/40) and it was made apparent that my Ekko preference wasn't going to happen, and then when Tweet claimed VT and started posting (even though he was a direction I wanted too), I went back to the non-town entity. It fell in a bad place on the wagon, and looks bad, but hey, that's the breaks. Plenty of wagon analysis could be done there for why people got on, got off, and got back on, no?

Cherry on top is that I wasn't the final vote? Well this is clutching at straws now isn't it.

I was catching up by going back through the posts. I had skimmed the game whilst being on the train, and remembered some of the details (but didn't know how to do threadmarks, even though I said how cool they were here in the beginning, hence me asking how to do them later).

I think it's pretty damning that you've seen Dragon's case on me (which I'm getting to), and thought you could capitalise on it by giving your own 'case' whereas the evidence you've presented is filled with inconsistencies and conclusions that have no merit. Almost as if you've put in a lot of effort to basically latch a vote on.
Yeah I'd really prefer not to lynch Lethal, my gut says this is genuine

Ratchet

Case on T-Pein is going to be a lot smaller, as I think his posts speak for themselves mostly. The scum profile that I'm working with here is a player that is happy to virtually open-scum, because he leans into people overlooking his posts and dismissing them as "that's just T-Pein". He will make his motives transparent and selfish, because he does this as town too.

Evans

Acclaimed
unvote
vote Ultra

I'm gonna swing for benefit of the doubt on Lethal's meta for now. My preferred direction would be Ekko but Ultra seems to be picking up steam and I don't hate this direction.

I called earlier in the game during my interaction with him that he was struggling content wise and despite lots of other activity in the game, he was only asking everyone about me and Alco. (And a little bit because he said he smacked the shit out of me which is a weird, very untrue flex).

And a glimpse back through the Aurelian wagon, it looks a bit like distancing that he covered for by saying he misread him which felt wishy-washy.

Poyser

I mean, you certainly pushed Aurelian, but if you had your way we'd have lynched Tweet or potentially no-lynched. I don't think you can take full credit for his lynch over other people on the wagon like Haza.
Not true. I did start the tweet wagon yes, but then I was the one that derailed that tweet wagon and forced it back to Aurelian because I tied him up in knots lol

Dalton

Distinguished
I didn't mean it so much in the sense that it was a counter wagon, more so that once the votes started coming in on you, it seemed like you paniced a bit and started asking for more votes.

Namely Poysers vote on Aurelian. Also re: Lethals claim, there wasn't any real consideration of what he had claimed, just straight jump to it seems fake and robotic.

I don't agree with your reads re: Lethal, CP, etc. You also said specifically they were a duo, I did ask about why you thought that but I don't remember if you answered or not. Did you have any reason for that?

See above mostly. It's not so much I read him as town off play, just that I find it hard to believe he's scum. I don't think it's the ideal lynch for today as he can give out his weapon to someone of our choice, and have them confirm whether or not they received it tomorrow.
That's a good point about the weapon giving. We can test whether he gives out weapons or not (negate the bomb theory) and see if they're poisoned etc. Of course, could still be a scum giftgiver but then he's giving us gifts anyway so we're hurting scum.
Black leg doesn't count...
Look at the lethal voters.
All you ws let him get away with acting scummy af.
Kinda cringe like I said
Should had lynched that guy hours ago
Hurts me to agree with T-Pein but this is something I noted as ewll.

WS guys tending to defend/agree with WS guys, same for WG guys.

Some of it is down to knowing players' meta etc but I think we need to EXPLORE a bit more than making safe comfort reads.

Finally, Could someone summarise, as simply as possible, the actual case against Lethal? I've seen a lot of back and forth about who thinks hes scummy and who doesn't, who's protecting him and who isn't, etc. But I'm not sure what his scumminess is actually meant to entail.
Is it just the 'woe is me' stuff? Cos that strikes me as Lethal of either alignment so doesn't sell me on the lynch.

[on page 67 of 72 so NEARLY caught up :garrett:]

Evans

Acclaimed
Not true. I did start the tweet wagon yes, but then I was the one that derailed that tweet wagon and forced it back to Aurelian because I tied him up in knots lol

You weren't on the Aurelian wagon for his lynch though, you were still on Tweet

Poyser

You weren't on the Aurelian wagon for his lynch though, you were still on Tweet
This has already been proven to be wrong about 4 times this day phase. Odo missed my vote but it’s there and has been quoted multiple times lol you’d have seen it if you were reading the thread

Back