Misconceptions about VS. Debating

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
heres the main thing
EndJULyWMAEXX9r.jpg

being able to tell your stand at what point to attack in order to intercept a beam of light mid travel is fucking wild and thinking it isnt is dumb

We can see beams of light but we are not able to see beams of light mid travel, we only see them after they've gone the length they can go.
The argument I’ve seen for this is that Araki’s weird art style is showing the exact opposite of what Polnareff said (which I do admit Araki’s art mucks things up and the perspective looks off here)

But I’d rather drop it here

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
heres the main thing
EndJULyWMAEXX9r.jpg

being able to tell your stand at what point to attack in order to intercept a beam of light mid travel is fucking wild and thinking it isnt is dumb

We can see beams of light but we are not able to see beams of light mid travel, we only see them after they've gone the length they can go.
Reflection of Silver Chariot’s speed, which I never disputed was FTL. All Polnareff had to do was give SC the command to attack in the straight line between the man’s eyes as they close and the upwards coin and it did the rest.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Reflection of Silver Chariot’s speed, which I never disputed was FTL. All Polnareff had to do was give SC the command to attack in the straight line between the man’s eyes as they close and the upwards coin and it did the rest.
He would still need to be able to see the Light in motion in order for him to give the command to attack it at the right time. To early and he misses, too late and he reflects off the coin. Just telling SC to attack wouldnt help if he wasnt able to see the light

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
He would still need to be able to see the Light in motion in order for him to give the command to attack it at the right time. To early and he misses, too late and he reflects off the coin. Just telling SC to attack wouldnt help if he wasnt able to see the light
No he wouldn’t because he said it himself he can’t see it, just knowing the line it would travel to while having a Stand that can swing its sword faster than light. He literally just needs to attack right as the man closed his eyes.

If he could see the light, Hanged Man would never have been a problem for him

Again, the fact that this actually needs to be explained is just ludicrous to me...
We literally cannot see a single beam of light moving towards us, we only see the constant stream that long reached it's destination.
Polnareff literally SEES AND REACTS TOWARDS the Light that is the Hanged Man traveling around.
In order to even hit him, he would still have to depend on his own eye sight because as established against Devo, he literally cannot see through Silver Chariot:

That never changed a single time, that's one of Polnareff's major flaws with his Stand and an issue most Stand Users tend to have.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
No he wouldn’t because he said it himself he can’t see it, just knowing the line it would travel to while having a Stand that can swing its sword faster than light. He literally just needs to attack right as the man closed his eyes.

If he could see the light, Hanged Man would never have been a problem for him
But we see in the scan that he tells SC to attack not when the man closes his eyes but right when Hanged Man is about to reach the coin. He says he cant see it, but then is able to tell where and when the light beam is in order for SC to attack. Again just knowing it can travel in a straight line isnt enough you need to know where it is. Being faster than light wont matter if your timing is off

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
But we see in the scan that he tells SC to attack not when the man closes his eyes but right when Hanged Man is about to reach the coin. He says he cant see it, but then is able to tell where and when the light beam is in order for SC to attack. Again just knowing it can travel in a straight line isnt enough you need to know where it is. Being faster than light wont matter if your timing is off
He knew where it was. In the man’s eye that he just kicked dirt into. An FTL Stand that knows the direction to swing handles the rest. It’s not a debate with Araki’s own words both with what Polnareff had to do to hit Hanger Man which made no sense if he really can see and react to it and the words straight out of Polnareff’s mouth:

Polnareff: “Normally, I’d have no way of hitting it.”

Or

“He’s moves at light speed. That’s faster than any person can see.” Depending on the translation.

And finally, the last scan I posted of Polnareff standing as a literal deer in headlights unable to track Hanged Man among a crowd even when said beam he can supposedly track is just inches next to him as it circles around him.

KEK

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
He knew where it was. In the man’s eye that he just kicked dirt into. An FTL Stand that knows the direction to swing handles the rest. It’s not a debate with Araki’s own words both with what Polnareff had to do to hit Hanger Man which made no sense if he really can see and react to it and the words straight out of Polnareff’s mouth:
Again if you dont know the timing it doesnt matter if your FTL. You keep saying that the Stand Handles the rest despite Polnareff giving the command himself on when to attack.
EndJULyWMAEXX9r.jpg

Polnareff: “Normally, I’d have no way of hitting it.”

Or

“He’s moves at light speed. That’s faster than any person can see.” Depending on the translation.

And finally, the last scan I posted of Polnareff standing as a literal deer in headlights unable to track Hanged Man among a crowd even when said beam he can supposedly track is just inches next to him as it circles around him.

KEK
We all understand this but Polnareff still needs to tell his Stand when to attack. If he can't see the beam of light, even when knowing its trajectory how will he know when to tell SC to attack?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Again if you dont know the timing it doesnt matter if your FTL. You keep saying that the Stand Handles the rest despite Polnareff giving the command himself on when to attack.
EndJULyWMAEXX9r.jpg

We all understand this but Polnareff still needs to tell his Stand when to attack. If he can't see the beam of light, even when knowing its trajectory how will he know when to tell SC to attack?
Just repeating what I already addressed. He doesn’t need to time it. Just know where to attack for his FTL Stand to do the rest

My source? The entire fight where Polnareff literally can’t see Hanged Man travel

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
He does need to time it, If he times when he tells SC to attack wrong, then SC will miss regardless of being FTL
Sz3Exjj.png

Gee look at all those freebies J’Geil was giving a guy who can see and react to his movement,

Oh wait…also Polnareff.

“He moves at the speed of light. No one can see that fast.”

Back