• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Monster Hunter World Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
I am a faithful.

@T-Pein™ Are you a faithful or a traitor?

I am indeed traitor.

99b266067ffad14a70ab7b7296772cb8-1190243.png

Thnx for game gramma.

Night 2

Grammaton

Consigliere
Monster Hunter Mafia - Night 2

The beast had been slain ...

Rajang
3x Vigilante

HWo_aK.gif

Congratulations, you are Rajang, Astera Wyvern Aligned! A brutish, territorial menace capable of tearing essentially anything apart using your hands, you have been known to hunt Kirin for their horns. Very little can hope to stand against you in a direct fight, and there have even been sightings of Rajang adorned with golden fur emitting concentrated beams of electricity … Of note, you aren't in fact a wyvern yourself, but such is your strength, it doesn't matter!

In this game, you have the following roles:

- 3x Vigilante (You may target a player at night and kill them)

You win when all threats to the Astera Wyverns are eliminated.

No more rocks to eat ...

Dodogama
Vanilla Townie

maxresdefault.jpg

Congratulations, you are Dodogama, Astera Wyverns Aligned! A gluttonous fanged wyvern, similar to a Great Jagras only with a diet of rocks and crystals instead, you are capable of crushing natural materials with your jaw and turning it into a kind of explosive gunpowder, which you're only to happy to spit at hunters and other monsters!

In this game, you have no roles.

You win when all threats to the Astera Wyverns are eliminated.

It is now Day 3. With 15 alive, 8 votes to lynch. You have 36 hours.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Okay I was dead certain Imp was scum off of the T-Pein flip so that's annoying

Also my PM mentions Rajang which made me think he was the SK and/or out to get me but guess he was just the vig

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Post I made last night hoping I would be alive come day:

I'm thinking Imp/Poyser/Dalton/RAEM for the scum team from most certain to least

Imp - made a show out of "reading T-Pein's past games" but had nothing to show for it. Did this a couple times, felt very much like weak distancing. Nothing inspiring about his game at all

Poyser - So something that pinged me on d1 which I mentioned a couple times is how over the top abusive poyser was in his interactions with t-pein but how he didn't really give substantive reasons to scum read him. He was on the wagon with me but was happy to swap to lethal when I did. In general he's deferred to me quite a bit this game. I actually did call him and T-PEin being scummates on d1 and I really think I was right. He probably tried and failed to kill me n1 tbh but it's also possible he killed TSworder because I town read him AND/OR to make Magic look bad. He did try to shade Magic with the n1 kill choices multiple times on d2.

Dalton - made a couple weak posts around T-Pein, namely saying he's null on him but "would be okay" with someone shooting him. Then you factor in how much Poyser backed up his defense of himself, definite team equity there. But less sure on this one than the other two admittedly. POE is pointing this way for me strongly tho

RAEM - he was dismissive of the T-Pein suspicion and tried to undermine me and Magic at multiple points throughout d1 after we were both voting T-Pein. He fell off hard d2 and there's just nothing about his game I'm town reading. He fits the team imo but this is the one I'm least sure on I'd say as he seems like a wacky individual

Some tertiary possibilities I would explore if any of the above turned out to be town, not necessarily in order:

Flower - not much to her game this game, I am town leaning her because her detachment and frustration feels kind of genuine but she has been very deferential to me as well even though I hadn't actually caught scum or anything yet prior to the t-pein flip. No solid raisin to really town read her at this junkture

Ultra - I actually do think he's town but despite some hard language towards t-pein he also seemed really hesitant to lynch him. The hime content d1 seemed fine but he fell off massively d2 and was very much on the sidelines while we lynched scum. Didn't really evolve his reads in any way once hime had disproven the crux of his case against her. Not great but kinda feel like he'd position himself better here as scum. Not scum with Hime

Evans- Was very one-track-minded on Ekko which gave him an excuse not to do much else, I'm not completely ruling out that the unprompted tracker claim was a fakebadtown move to appear town. Do lean town on him tho at this stage

Hime - Bit of a weird one as most of her d1 was about Ultra and she actually town read T-Pein but was then down to lynch him for pretty much all of d2 and very eager to do it at EOD. I'm buying her as town but not enough here for me to lock her in. Not scum with Ultra

Alco - So yeah iirc he was parked on T-Pein for a lot of d1 but then wanted to make Dalton his priority d2. Then only got back on T-Pein at the very end. I'll be honest I do town read him more than anyone else on this list but if Dalton flips town I would need to put him into POE. Probably not scum with Dalton but won't say definitively

Would not lynch without damning info (NOT provided in a lylo situation)

Lord Melkor - feels very town to me, had some good independent observations and seems serious about solving the game rather than just doing whatever people say. There was a lot I liked about his posts but can't remember specifics rn

Aurelian - I feel like he just town derped with his claim and if Poyser is scum as I think then he is DEFINITELY town.

Nat - Feel like she definitely would have just lynched T-Pein with no complaints there as scum as she implied multiple times she would just vote whoever we asked her to earlier in the phase. The fact she was so obstinate and insistent on reading back and making the most of the day feels town in light of the T-Pein scum flip. Would have 100% vigged her if T-Pein flipped town

Magic - I don't really see him being so openly keen on just burying his teammate d1 and d2 as scum and also don't think the interactions between him and poyser are fake so if poyser is scum then magic is locked in town. If not, will have to reassess.

Psychic - Definitely think this is town psychic as I wouldn't say she's really struggling for content and she was very down to lynch t-pein d1 and d2. From my experience with her she's not super comfortable bussing and tends not to have as good a read on the game as scum as I think it would require for her to have positioned herself as well as she has this game.

Tweet - been vibing with him all game, poor team equity with T-Pein and Poyser, I'm just not seeing him as scum

Ekko - Don't see him as scum with T-Pein at all here plus I think he most likely did use a pro-town role on me. Also don't see him massively changing up his game like this after drawing scum.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Also lol @ Nat condescending to me 2 games in a row in a situation where I was literally trying to get scum lynched and she was defending them

Sit down

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
No, just realized it was a silly moment. But I'm assuming one kill was by Melkor (vig) and the other was done in by scum.
I don't think so. Melkor was on Dalton before T-Pein, pretty sure he would've shot him. Didn't mention being sus of anyone else.

Poyser

Imagine holding switching back to lethal after you against me lmao
Magic and you abandoned tpein, wagon was dead :whathekong

Pretty sure I did give reasons for scum reading him more than once

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Imagine holding switching back to lethal after you against me lmao
Magic and you abandoned tpein, wagon was dead :whathekong

Pretty sure I did give reasons for scum reading him more than once
What is your read of Magic off of T-Pein's flip?

Poyser

Pretty obvious when he read me town due to emotional outburst and then started setting me up to look bad off a tpein scum flip. I literally said in one of my first posts of D2 I’m probably gonna lynch tpein but don’t wanna waste the day on him yet he kept using me trying to do other stuff against me. Just dumb as fuck

He also overplayed his hand. He kept using people not voting for tpein against them. He was giving people shit all day for not just voting tpein despite the fact he didn’t even have a scum read on tpein. Doesn’t make any sense. He knew what Tpeins flip was gonna be lol

Poyser

1. Ultra
2. Melkor

3. Aurelian
5. Nat
6. REM
7. CP

8. T-Pein
9. Magic
10. Psychic
11. Dalton
12. Alco
13. Hime

14. Flower
15. Ekko
16. Imposter
17. Evans
21. Tweet

I am probably about here
Posted a pretty comprehensive poe here, was mostly just trying to get stuff done within there outside of tpein

Will need to re read flowers posts because she was all in on lynching tpein yesterday but this was after she tried lynching ultra so I might have been being too generous to say they’re probably not aligned. Can’t remember what she was saying about tpein on d1

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Posted a pretty comprehensive poe here, was mostly just trying to get stuff done within there outside of tpein

Will need to re read flowers posts because she was all in on lynching tpein yesterday but this was after she tried lynching ultra so I might have been being too generous to say they’re probably not aligned. Can’t remember what she was saying about tpein on d1
Flower just sheeped me because I'm the miller/she town reads me

Tempest

Leprous Monarch

do you think Nat makes the play she did at EOD if she's T-Pein's scummate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back