• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked My Hero Academia Mafia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Because this relies upon a redirector - notwithstanding that, they’d have to anticipate exactly who is being copped n2 to tamper at the receiving end

And this scum team is fucking shit if you haven’t noticed

If you can assume the team is bad and their usage would follow, then cop should assume their result was tampered with due to usage that doesn't really require much competence. E.G. Bus Driver or Godfather. Which would make his odds worse

The case where a cop got lawyered would probably be his best case scenario for his results going forward actually

Grammaton

Consigliere
It's not like it's all that convoluted - he just starts by leaning into to faking info and then works from there. If, as indie, he has nothing to protect against alignment checks, that could be enough to at least make him suspect that a true cop isn't fully present. I mean, between him, and Fang fake claiming Cop because he's scum JoAT, I definitely don't think Fang is the more likely scum off the back of that. This is a player that claimed his Serial role basically straight up in a previous game, what makes you think he's going to gamble on a cop claim?

It’s not a case of being convoluted, it’s just fucking pointless and puts a massive target on his back

Like best case scenario, he doesn’t get counterclaimed - he’s now priority 1 for scum to get rid of. Not smart at all

Grammaton

Consigliere
If you can assume the team is bad and their usage would follow, then cop should assume their result was tampered with due to usage that doesn't really require much competence. E.G. Bus Driver or Godfather. Which would make his odds worse

The case where a cop got lawyered would probably be his best case scenario for his results going forward actually

No no no no no

That’s so fucking stupid you’re going to give me a nosebleed

Ratchet

Because this relies upon a redirector - notwithstanding that, they’d have to anticipate exactly who is being copped n2 to tamper at the receiving end

And this scum team is fucking shit if you haven’t noticed
Uh, no it doesn't - not a single part of that requires a redirector. It applies whether Watson was busdriven, lawyered, or whether RDK was redirected to someone in the town. I don't think it's a stretch at all for someone on the scum team with Watson to see RDK defending Watson hard and, certainly if one of the first two scenarios are in play, immediately conclude that he's scum. If they redirected him N1, it's still fairly possible for them to reach that assumption given that the reads list of players is something they're going to scrutinise to find the cop.

As a result, I think there is enough reason for the cop to begin to suspect that his results aren't reliable. Reminder that they didn't even block him, you're basically asking me to assume that they're not even moderately competent, which sure, could be the case, but me not assuming complete incompetence doesn't mean my stated scenario fails to hold up, because very very few scenarios will ever hold up if you assume that the scum team have nothing in the way of competence.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Except the top isn’t really what happened. He didn’t get caught in a bluff by his own devices, he changed his claim once people didn’t immediately have him as town after his claim and pointed out that there might not be a cop because there’s been a hider. Then he backed off and said it was 1 shot and then he backed off again and said he had a vig shot and then he claimed the rest later. It’s not really how you describe it here lol

I’m not denying RDKs play hasn’t been up to much, I just really struggle to see the scum motivation in doing what he’s done. I’m not buying that he was breadcrumbing an invest role with the idea he could back out or that people would forget. Not gonna consider that at all. If you’re theorising that he’s fake claiming cop, then you have to concede that he decided to do so on D2 because that’s when he started hinting at it so again the Hail Mary doesn’t stand up

I'm just saying like, based on your history of catching people, generally speaking when you've got an ace in your pocket (like Cop), you stick firmly to it. This sort of monkey business really isn't typical for scum fake claiming a golden goose, they make no nonsense out of it and rely on it to do the work for them.

Now onto point two - we can reasonably anticipate they didn't expect Watson to be vigged. You really think it's impossible for scum, assuming they have the wiggle room to go for a cop claim, plan to clear a buddy?

There's not a clear black and white answer to the above but there are scenarios where the answer would be "yes", for example, if your team is getting their cheeks absolutely clapped and you need a way to escape more mislynches

Poyser

Uh, no it doesn't - not a single part of that requires a redirector. It applies whether Watson was busdriven, lawyered, or whether RDK was redirected to someone in the town. I don't think it's a stretch at all for someone on the scum team with Watson to see RDK defending Watson hard and, certainly if one of the first two scenarios are in play, immediately conclude that he's scum. If they redirected him N1, it's still fairly possible for them to reach that assumption given that the reads list of players is something they're going to scrutinise to find the cop.

As a result, I think there is enough reason for the cop to begin to suspect that his results aren't reliable. Reminder that they didn't even block him, you're basically asking me to assume that they're not even moderately competent, which sure, could be the case, but me not assuming complete incompetence doesn't mean my stated scenario fails to hold up, because very very few scenarios will ever hold up if you assume that the scum team have nothing in the way of competence.
But your assertion isn’t that scum did this or scum did that. Your assertion was that RDK is actively scummy for following his result instead of assuming it’s unreliable . That’s the part that doesn’t add up

Ultra

THE BEAR
No no no no no

That’s so fucking stupid you’re going to give me a nosebleed

Alright well then lay it out for me poindex

Because my understanding is that if his role was interfered with and no method of interference has been identified by flip his statistical odds of hitting a scum who can interfere with his role go up?

Seems pretty simple to me

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
If I wanted to claim killing Watson to push a fake JoAT claim assuming I'm the indy/SK then why would I hold off and deny any kills since I would never anticipate Hime being a developer with a kill ability

Ratchet

It’s not a case of being convoluted, it’s just fucking pointless and puts a massive target on his back

Like best case scenario, he doesn’t get counterclaimed - he’s now priority 1 for scum to get rid of. Not smart at all
Not really likely to have a target there though if he's giving results that scum will know can't be possible - in this scenario, a complete fake claim from him wouldn't require Watson to have been busdriven or lawyered at all.

What I will concede is that claiming Cop now doesn't really offer much for him if Indie, because he's not likely to make it long enough to win from there and he essentially puts himself in a dichotomy with Aurelian. So I'll retract him being Indie as being more plausible than him being Mafia, I just don't think his cop claim is clearing at all, certainly not in how it has been delivered.

Day 3 vc8

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Ultra: RDK > Mango > RDK
Poyser: Fang > Mango > RDK > Fang
RDK: Nibel >
Nibel: Mango > RDK
Bachi: Fang > Mango > Fang
Mango: Gad > RDK
Hime: Gad
Dofla: Gad
Gad: RDK > Fang > RDK
Ratchet: RDK > Gad > RDK
Gram: Fang > Gad > Fang
Rugrat: Fang
Cubey: RDK

RDK: 6
Fang: 4
Gad: 2

With 14 alive it's 8 to lynch.

@Magic .

Just saw fang claimed cop so he's obviously scum...

vote lynch: fang

vote fang

Lets just do this Cba untangling all the stuff
RDK: 6
Fang: 5
Gad: 2

14 alive, 8 to lynch.

@Magic

Poyser

I'm just saying like, based on your history of catching people, generally speaking when you've got an ace in your pocket (like Cop), you stick firmly to it. This sort of monkey business really isn't typical for scum fake claiming a golden goose, they make no nonsense out of it and rely on it to do the work for them.

Now onto point two - we can reasonably anticipate they didn't expect Watson to be vigged. You really think it's impossible for scum, assuming they have the wiggle room to go for a cop claim, plan to clear a buddy?

There's not a clear black and white answer to the above but there are scenarios where the answer would be "yes", for example, if your team is getting their cheeks absolutely clapped and you need a way to escape more mislynches
Whilst it’s not impossible they decided to do that I just don’t see it at all. It’s too risky lol. Fake clearing the GF is one thing, but you don’t fake clear a buddy who’s flip can completely fuck you. It’s not a risk worth taking

Poyser

If I wanted to claim killing Watson to push a fake JoAT claim assuming I'm the indy/SK then why would I hold off and deny any kills since I would never anticipate Hime being a developer with a kill ability
What are you even asking

Why you wouldn’t claim a kill that’s not yours? Think the answer is pretty obvious there chief :whathekong

Ultra

THE BEAR
Like this isn't rocket science

Assume we have 2 scum remaining after watson flipped

At least one has to be Lawyer/GF/Bus Driver

So your odds of getting a good result are in the neighborhood of coinflip, and yes, I'd expect RDK to know this and not be so brash about a non-guilty

????????

Ratchet

But your assertion isn’t that scum did this or scum did that. Your assertion was that RDK is actively scummy for following his result instead of assuming it’s unreliable . That’s the part that doesn’t add up
No, my assertion was that it was weird - that is potentially hinted his results aren't genuine results because there lacks consideration. I've already broken down exactly why he, as town, would have incentive to doubt his role as being reliable given how the results have panned out, you insist on reducing it down to simply being one bad result, and ignore the parts where I mention his play Day 2 would have been a giveaway to scum as to what his role was, and that Watson wasn't Godfather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back