• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked The Traitors Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Still no reaction from Richard
tumblr_ogcopfccQC1txb7llo1_400.gifv
has anyone played with richard before

Magic

Resplendent
Who are you voting and why?
As i said I'll likely be voting for nat as her game seems heavily dissimilar to what we just saw last game. You were just playing with her, how would you say it looks in comparison.

Ekko would be my other option, but poysers point about tunneling being more of a town trait than a scum one could be true. His points are just shit and he's forcing the issue.

Magic

Resplendent
My overall impression of Magic is that he's punching below weight according to expectations that have been laid out for him in passing by some other players, and that early game he seemed like he was struggling for content. Asking the type of obligatory "water cooler" questions to other players and honestly posting borderline word salad when I prompted him to explain his motive in questioning Ekko.
Would you like a scum game of mine for reference.

Any would do.

Ultra

THE BEAR
If the former is the case i'm willing to trust you on that, though I will say as of right now it's still my preferred direction

As for magic, I mentioned it briefly but it was when I was catching up before, he basically had the same thoughts as me in terms of lethal and raem - combined with us thinking along the same lines for aurelian it makes me think he's town. idk if i've multi-quoted chronologically here but i've put some below:

though I'm also conscious of my own personal bias when it comes to him and I respect his scum game enough to not just clear him entirely for that alone. I tend to find as either alignment he has a pretty big range so if we're vibing in a similar way it's what I look for. Obviously a nat scum flip would also make him look good

I do think Ekko's case on him is weak personally. It might be right, but I'd suggest it'll be one of those "right for the wrong reasons" type deal if it was. Albeit you two aren't familiar with him, so seeing fresh perspectives on his game is always interesting to read

I personally don't much stock into him giving two town reads. Especially Lethal - who seems like a textbook example of game theory for you WS guys. Since his meta tells are so apparent, might as well get it out of the way since you know everyone else will probably reach the same conclusion.

RÆM

Distinguished
As i said I'll likely be voting for nat as her game seems heavily dissimilar to what we just saw last game. You were just playing with her, how would you say it looks in comparison.

Ekko would be my other option, but poysers point about tunneling being more of a town trait than a scum one could be true. His points are just shit and he's forcing the issue.
I agree with that point on Natalija

Ultra

THE BEAR
Would you like a scum game of mine for reference.

Any would do.

Actually, I'll decline. I'm not going to attempt to meta read someone I have no play history with. I'm going to defer to the crowd here and say if there's any important meta tells I should be aware of I'll be informed by proxy.

But hey, if you're down to disparage yourself, I'm all ears.

Magic

Resplendent
Actually, I'll decline. I'm not going to attempt to meta read someone I have no play history with. I'm going to defer to the crowd here and say if there's any important meta tells I should be aware of I'll be informed by proxy.

But hey, if you're down to disparage yourself, I'm all ears.
What you're saying isn't scummy to anyone that is aware of my scum game because I don't struggle as scum on day 1.

As far as punching below my weight, I'm doing everything I generally do to poe the game out rather easily. I understand if it looks like shit. I don't really care as long as the results work.

Shepard

Preeminent
I personally don't much stock into him giving two town reads. Especially Lethal - who seems like a textbook example of game theory for you WS guys. Since his meta tells are so apparent, might as well get it out of the way since you know everyone else will probably reach the same conclusion.
I get that, it's more the fact we arrived at similar conclusions as the thread developed rather than who they were on

If you're hoping I'm going to do a big analysis of his meta I ain't your guy. His town game is to establish town reads and work through POE. He knows this and will replicate it as scum. If he gets caught for something then he'll incorporate it into a town game or be conscious of it the next time he's scum. None of this is especially impressive but like I say he can have a big range as either alignment. I also have no recent experience as like I said, this is my first game for years

If you want an actual quirk of his scum game he doesn't want to night kill stronger players, he prefers getting a win over them in thread. That has very little bearing on day 1 tho

(more of a minor point, but I never joined WS, I'm a WF original :aizen)

hime

Exceptional
Pronouns
She/Her
I think you've played on nf before. I can recognize your posting style and demeanor. Think I mislynched you in a game because you give off that careful vibe. Good aura but I can't trust it.
:watchit

Can't remember if we won or lost though, think town won.
My name on NF is Magic. Seeing that name here is kind of trippy not going to lie.
did u ever happen to go by "Finalbeta" :dank

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member

eh this is weak sauce. dont let poyser stop u!

Ultra

THE BEAR
What you're saying isn't scummy to anyone that is aware of my scum game because I don't struggle as scum on day 1.

As far as punching below my weight, I'm doing everything I generally do to poe the game out rather easily. I understand if it looks like shit. I don't really care as long as the results work.

This argument fails on its premise - you are telling me I should not believe you to be scum because you don't struggle as scum but then defend your play as effective.

In any case, my point it this is worthless coming from *you*. If I am currently under a grand misconception here, my expectation is that at least a couple voices will come forth and point this out. So far, that hasn't really been the case.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Off the cuff impressions:

Tweet can get a light town read because he said what I was thinking regarding Ekko and the two recruits before I even saw the post.

Poyser seems a bit…unengaged? Compared to his usual, his interaction with Ekko earlier was toothless. Nothing was done on Poyser’s end to engage in order to determine his alignment through provocation - which I think is the most notable feature of his play.
When Ultra said "Poyser seems a bit…unengaged? Compared to his usual, his interaction with Ekko earlier was toothless. Nothing was done on Poyser’s end to engage in order to determine his alignment through provocation - which I think is the most notable feature of his play."? I felt that

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
is this a meta of his? does it make him scummy?
yeah Magic usually finds a reason to vote someone pretty much as soon as he enters the thread to get something going. often it's things that are innocuous and he's just trying to see how someone responds to pressure. the bar is pretty low. his accusation against poyser actually had substance and yet he still didn't drop a vote. I found it curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back