To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Hmmm... no I think Endymion is canon. Kamachi wrote an entire novel leading up to that (the road to Endymion side story one).
Also Shutuara and Arisa were mentioned as being affected by Othinus remaking the world in NT9

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Does Thelema/Thelesma also count as magic? Since to me that angel juice has sufficiently different enough properties from normal magic to be considered different.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Does Thelema/Thelesma also count as magic? Since to me that angel juice has sufficiently different enough properties from normal magic to be considered different.
Thelema is Aleister stuff which is more of a branch of philosophy/magic, while Telesma is extra-dimensional "angel" juice like you said.

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
unknown.png

I have no idea where he got this from. :hm

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Just making sure, is there any scan suggesting that calculation speed/ability for Espers could apply 1:1 to reaction speed?

I always assumed that was the result of their brains getting messed with and thus even Level 4 Espers being able to casually react to bullets and all that is because of their enhanced calculative ability.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Naturally, since they have to use their powers in time to defend against whatever it about to hit them.

No mental calculations, no powers

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
So then what was the issue with Accelerator's plasma storm feat? Because of it being an outlier or w/e?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Well yeah I'm aware, but why does that matter? Like are you saying it's an anti-feat for him or a feat for the Sisters or neither?

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Well yeah I'm aware, but why does that matter? Like are you saying it's an anti-feat for him or a feat for the Sisters or neither?
It's an anti-feat cause the entire sisters make up less than 50% of his actual computing power meaning he shouldn't have been outsmarted by them.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
It's an anti-feat cause the entire sisters make up less than 50% of his actual computing power meaning he shouldn't have been outsmarted by them.
Does raw calculation ability really mean you can't make tactical errors though? :hm

One and Only

Illustrious
Does raw calculation ability really mean you can't make tactical errors though? :hm

I always interpretated that scene as his reach of his powers being very limited compared to close range.

For long range stuff Accelerator has to use chain reactions from himself plus guessing/predicting the calculations outside of his detection. Chaos theory would mean it likely get less accurate after a while.

Accelerator had only just thought up that method and it had caused more destruction
than he had imagined.
But it was still incomplete. Unlike his automatic reflection, he had to think about the
original vector and the altered vector when he was altering vectors under his own will.
Wind, the flow of the atmosphere, required complex calculations that involved chaos
theory, so it could not be completely predicted without the use of Tree Diagram.
He doubted that the flow of the entire world’s atmosphere could be calculated in a single
human’s head.
He had only managed to manipulate the wind within Academy City and that had still
been imperfect.

- Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 3, Chapter 4 Part 7
For example, when he was controlling rather than just reflecting, he might have to
calculate out the original vector for the wind as well as the altered vector.
In that case, his calculations could be interrupted by something causing a disturbance in
the wind throughout the city.
Academy City had wind turbines spread throughout the city. There were probably more
than 10,000 of them.

Meanwhile the sisters are spread over the city and are getting accurate readings on what to do and co ordinating to give nigh perfect accuracy.

Accel is just stuck on one spot trying to guess what air molecules are doing right now based on the surface contact with himself.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I always interpretated that scene as his reach of his powers being very limited compared to close range.

For long range stuff Accelerator has to use chain reactions from himself plus guessing/predicting the calculations outside of his detection. Chaos theory would mean it likely get less accurate after a while.

Meanwhile the sisters are spread over the city and are getting accurate readings on what to do and co ordinating to give nigh perfect accuracy.

Accel is just stuck on one spot trying to guess what air molecules are doing right now based on the surface contact with himself.
Well, besides him being able to take the vectors of shit at a distance and him... also sensing stuff at a distance like he did with the invisible robot in the spin-off (not at a planet-wide scale as opposed to the prior example, but still, his "touch" range limit is sort of inconsistent). :maybe

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Well remember, his fight with Touma was the first time Accelerator ever had to really use his powers since he was facing someone his passive Reflection alone didnt take care of.

He was first discovering things like being able to harness all the planet’s wind if he wanted to that he never thought of before. So lack of experience in truly using his powers can be attributed to this

Top59

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
There was no interesting feat in the last novel?

I doubt I'll catch up for a few months but I'm curious if there was anything new.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
There was no interesting feat in the last novel?

I doubt I'll catch up for a few months but I'm curious if there was anything new.
There's no information about the text yet just the illustration. Though there's that illustration with Alice and Touma's arm bursting. So we're probably getting some lore.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Nice, so you got your hands on the game.

I was able to get a Japanese DVD version of the Miracle of Endymion movie and that Cross of Venus game on DS

One and Only

Illustrious
Toaru GT vol 5 chap 1 last part;
Rakuoka Houfu

Bounty: 80 million yen

Guilty of aggravated breach of trust and malfeasance for committing crimes while serving as an Anti-Skill officer. His involvement is also suspected in a murder and subsequent hiding of the body from before he joined Anti-Skill. (The body was fully destroyed, so this cannot be proven.)

Belonged to Anti-Skill Aggressor, a group within Anti-Skill whose combat training was increased to bring them closer to the mentality and skill level of the criminals. A digestive enzyme is used to artificially increase the size of his muscles, so his body itself functions as a powerful weapon. His muscular strength is estimated to be over 70 tons in weightlifting terms. He can tear off the side of an armored truck like it was made of clay.
I find this a bit funny. Does this mean that AC has steroids that can turn a baseline human into 70 tonner?
:mjgrin

A minor question that has been on my mind a bit. Would a Magic God be able to replicate Archetype Controller? Besides Aiwass related spells is there any reason for Aleister stuff to be unreplicable by an MG?

Back