To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
FnxCCv5XwAEjYpn

FnxHh3GaUAAbgdZ

Iconic

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
did she somehow gain IB?:hm
Based on the cliffhanger last chapter, it’s some kind of application of IB. Her doing the Touma pose is just a callback to the time Touma saved her at the end of Volume 11

Funny how Touma’s influence on Misaka and now Shokuhou show in their respective spin-offs

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Based on the cliffhanger last chapter, it’s some kind of application of IB. Her doing the Touma pose is just a callback to the time Touma saved her at the end of Volume 11
So she somehow stole IB? Or did Touma give it to her in some way and her arm didn't pop like Rensa's?

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Funny how Touma’s influence on Misaka and now Shokuhou show in their respective spin-offs
The chapter has not been translated nor do I know read Japanese but I speculate that like Ayu when she loses control she freezes living beings, Misaki froze the attack that was made of slime that was salt water or organic matter.

AvjLg2n.jpeg

x8GvixK.jpeg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
So she somehow stole IB? Or did Touma give it to her in some way and her arm didn't pop like Rensa's?
Whoops typo, I meant to say some type of application of Mental Out, not IB. Remember her mind reading in the end is actually a form of liquid manipulation

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The chapter has not been translated nor do I know read Japanese but I speculate that like Ayu when she loses control she freezes living beings, Misaki froze the attack that was made of slime that was salt water or organic matter.

AvjLg2n.jpeg

x8GvixK.jpeg
Yeah I meant to write Mental Out. I derped and wrote IB for whatever reason

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
According to Js06 the barrier affects the 11th dimension, I guess that would protect it against Teleport or something like Accelerator's field
EGqkoXw.jpeg

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/toaru-feats-calculation.1231745/post-65361042

What other feat on the magic side of the high/top tiers am I missing?

I was going to calculate about Alice throwing her tea set dozens of light years away but there's no time frame and it's obviously MFTL but it's hard to give an exact number.

Coronzon flying from Japan to England or falling to 3500km altitude will be mach 4 digits to sub-relativistic, so I don't see it very relevant

Nerfed Magic God having so much strength to divide the planet I saw it redundant since there is nothing to calculate.

And Crowley's light attack may calculate it, on the one hand the speed would probably be sub-relativistic or relativistic but I'm still not sure how to quantify its power.

Do you think I'm missing something from Coronzon, Alice, Aradia or Magic Gods?

PS. I remember when Aiwass was summoned in the Windowless Building it is mentioned that he illuminated that universe but I think it refers to the space inside the Windowless Building and not to the universe itself or did I misunderstand something?

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I don't think there's anything missing at this point, but my memory isn't the best anyway. :hm

On that note, does it make more sense for MGs to be able to react to Spiritual Tripping (most notably the Big Bang) while the "illusion" is occurring or does it make more sense for them to counter it as Aleister is doing the handsigns for it?

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/toaru-feats-calculation.1231745/post-65361042

What other feat on the magic side of the high/top tiers am I missing?

I was going to calculate about Alice throwing her tea set dozens of light years away but there's no time frame and it's obviously MFTL but it's hard to give an exact number.

Coronzon flying from Japan to England or falling to 3500km altitude will be mach 4 digits to sub-relativistic, so I don't see it very relevant

Nerfed Magic God having so much strength to divide the planet I saw it redundant since there is nothing to calculate.

And Crowley's light attack may calculate it, on the one hand the speed would probably be sub-relativistic or relativistic but I'm still not sure how to quantify its power.

Do you think I'm missing something from Coronzon, Alice, Aradia or Magic Gods?

PS. I remember when Aiwass was summoned in the Windowless Building it is mentioned that he illuminated that universe but I think it refers to the space inside the Windowless Building and not to the universe itself or did I misunderstand something?
The Windowless Building has spatial fuckery involved to be able to contain an entire Non-Euclidean universe within itself

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The Windowless Building has spatial fuckery involved to be able to contain an entire Non-Euclidean universe within itself
I know that it is a non-Euclidean space and it is bigger inside than outside, but I have doubts about the internal size, first they say it was a giant mountain, then a planet and at the end the center of the universe but it had false stars, although they also mention that the distance that his steps took did not correspond.

In the event that it is the size of a universe or at least a galaxy, it could give a fairly large upgrade to Avatarless Aiwass.

@Mr.OMG Do you have a quote that clarifies the internal size of the Windowless Building?

From any guide or game?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I know that it is a non-Euclidean space and it is bigger inside than outside, but I have doubts about the internal size, first they say it was a giant mountain, then a planet and at the end the center of the universe but it had false stars, although they also mention that the distance that his steps took did not correspond.

In the event that it is the size of a universe or at least a galaxy, it could give a fairly large upgrade to Avatarless Aiwass.

@Mr.OMG Do you have a quote that clarifies the internal size of the Windowless Building?

From any guide or game?
I mean, it’s still limited to Touma’s perspective. It’d take forever just to traverse a mountain for someone like Touma to cover crossing

Mr.OMG

Paramount

From any guide or game?
It seemed to say something about them leaving Earth, etc. It's impossible to judge the scale properly, since it's non-Euclidean geometry that allows them to cross vast distances in a single step, but I do recall that when Aiwass appeared, it lit up the entire temporal universe.

"Do not think this is all there is."

Aleister Crowley pointed toward the empty heavens.

"Why did I drive you on with the chain assassins and mountain devilishness which reaches for human karma and pushed you onward? Why did I have you climb the alternate-dimensional mountain of the third tree? Why did I have you pursue my past? Why did I reveal the Spiritual Tripping and the Blasting Rod? All things have a reason. If you do not know what that reason is, then it means you have not studied enough."

"…?"

"It is all a single ceremony," he announced.

Then the spell user spoke a powerful name.

"Come forth, Aiwass. Use the chains that bind thoughts as guidance and complete my objective."

Immediately afterwards, that temporary universe was filled with an explosion brighter than the sun.

He descended.

Did this being even know what it meant to alter himself for the benefit of others? So it was not that the sunlight had weakened. Kamijou's eyeballs must have been forced to adapt. Aiwass.

The Holy Guardian Angel that Aleister Crowley summoned using his beloved wife's body.

He had long, golden hair and radiant skin. But that skin was endlessly cold, so perhaps it should be described as a pale platinum.

He seemed beautiful, but perhaps that was because he was such a distant being.

He seemed like a jewel, but perhaps that was because he seemed so inorganic.

"A play at Thelema? You should have known from experience that someone would interfere even if you left England and built a temple."

"It can talk…?"

That alone was worthy of surprise.

Kamijou had seen angels before. For example, he had seen the one known as Gabriel a few times. But they had never made their presence known quite so smoothly. In fact, they had seemed more like machines the closer he got to them.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

From any guide or game?
In terms of speed or strength?

Or both, because I think Touma may have reacted to the light from Aiwass that illuminated the "universe" inside the Windowless Building :hm

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
In terms of speed or strength?

Or both, because I think Touma may have reacted to the light from Aiwass that illuminated the "universe" inside the Windowless Building :hm
Strength
Because in that non-Euclidean dimension, the distances to be covered do not correspond, so it is impossible to get a feat of speed.

If it were the universe it would be a feat of how much less galactic with only its presence.

It seemed to say something about them leaving Earth, etc. It's impossible to judge the scale properly, since it's non-Euclidean geometry that allows them to cross vast distances in a single step, but I do recall that when Aiwass appeared, it lit up the entire temporal universe.

"Do not think this is all there is."

Aleister Crowley pointed toward the empty heavens.

"Why did I drive you on with the chain assassins and mountain devilishness which reaches for human karma and pushed you onward? Why did I have you climb the alternate-dimensional mountain of the third tree? Why did I have you pursue my past? Why did I reveal the Spiritual Tripping and the Blasting Rod? All things have a reason. If you do not know what that reason is, then it means you have not studied enough."

"…?"

"It is all a single ceremony," he announced.

Then the spell user spoke a powerful name.

"Come forth, Aiwass. Use the chains that bind thoughts as guidance and complete my objective."

Immediately afterwards, that temporary universe was filled with an explosion brighter than the sun.

He descended.

Did this being even know what it meant to alter himself for the benefit of others? So it was not that the sunlight had weakened. Kamijou's eyeballs must have been forced to adapt. Aiwass.

The Holy Guardian Angel that Aleister Crowley summoned using his beloved wife's body.

He had long, golden hair and radiant skin. But that skin was endlessly cold, so perhaps it should be described as a pale platinum.

He seemed beautiful, but perhaps that was because he was such a distant being.

He seemed like a jewel, but perhaps that was because he seemed so inorganic.

"A play at Thelema? You should have known from experience that someone would interfere even if you left England and built a temple."

"It can talk…?"

That alone was worthy of surprise.

Kamijou had seen angels before. For example, he had seen the one known as Gabriel a few times. But they had never made their presence known quite so smoothly. In fact, they had seemed more like machines the closer he got to them.

On the wiki it says that it has a floor that measures tens of kilometers, but it was a floor and not the entire dimension

On the Wiki it says this too
https://toarumajutsunoindex.fandom.com/wiki/Windowless_Building

It isn't known exactly when the Windowless Building was constructed. It was built with the purpose of acting as a base for Aleister Crowley, preventing him from being detected by the many magic side organizations who would want him dead for real, and also as a ship to allow Aleister to reach space in order to carry out the ceremony he wished to perform to destroy the phases, either through a standard launch or if that wasn't possible, by extending the building's interior dimensions towards space. It was also intended as an element within the ceremony itself

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Remind me, where the hell did people get the idea that going FTL is "impossible" in To Aru due to how it treats relativity or something like that?

I think they're probably referring to Coronzon escaping WR :hm

Back