To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
18.jpeg

Great new chapter. Acqua getting the justice he deserves in the manga

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Manga has better fight choreography and pacing and also provides better explanation behind what’s going on.

Anime is a boring rush job with the characters speeding through their lines and explanations.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Manga has better fight choreography and pacing and also provides better explanation behind what’s going on.

Anime is a boring rush job with the characters speeding through their lines and explanations.

This scene is cool, it looks like they took a lot of cuts before falling.

I don't remember if it happened in the novel but if not, it's a good addition.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

This scene is cool, it looks like they took a lot of cuts before falling.

I don't remember if it happened in the novel but if not, it's a good addition.

Light novel doesn’t specify how many more blows they exchanged after the third while they were in the air

William and Knight Leader charged in straight at each other and Ascalon and Hrunting struck each other. Despite the simplicity of the action, the aftereffects that spread about the area were tremendous.

With a few moments of delay, an explosive wind blew out.

Along with a tremendous roar, a dome-shaped shockwave spread out with the two men at the center. An explosive storm spread out in an area with a radius of 100 meters and blew away the fully equipped knights. Trees were torn to pieces, the mountain surface crumbled, and the paved mountain path shattered as if it had been made of glass.

However, by the time the shockwave had expanded, the two men were nowhere to be seen.

They had leapt up into the night sky.

With a slight delay, the sound of their footsteps resounded through the darkness like gunshots. At almost 10 meters in the air, the giant swords struck twice and then a third time. The sparks looked like flashes of lightning and the knights saw the shockwaves spreading out spherically like fireworks.

Someone gave out a cry.

Someone bent over so as not to take as much damage.

The spiral of shockwaves knocked them back evenly.

“I see.”

Knight Leader landed on the very top of a thick tree and looked down at his pathetic subordinates.

That was most likely why William Orwell had let the third princess escape ahead of him. It wasn’t because he would have trouble fighting while defending her, and it wasn’t because he was heroically planning on protecting the princess to his last breath. He was simply taking measures against foolishly killing the very person he was trying to protect with his own strength.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Another detail I love about the Index manga, whenever a mage is revealing whatever legend their magic is based on, you get these dope artworks depicting the myth.

This chapter alone was full of them between Williams Great Sword Ascalon and Knight Leader’s Hrunting,

10.jpeg

11.jpeg

12.jpeg

16.jpeg

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Another detail I love about the Index manga, whenever a mage is revealing whatever legend their magic is based on, you get these dope artworks depicting the myth.

This chapter alone was full of them between Williams Great Sword Ascalon and Knight Leader’s Hrunting,

10.jpeg

11.jpeg

12.jpeg

16.jpeg
I'm looking forward to seeing how the Kazakiri vs Gabriel battle adapts, although that will take a long time as it happens xd

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I'm looking forward to seeing how the Kazakiri vs Gabriel battle adapts, although that will take a long time as it happens xd
Going to be awkward too introducing Gabriel with how the Index manga skipped the entire Angel Fall arc

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Dragon Arc is up next. Meaning Hamazura getting another round with a now cyborg and even more pissed off Mugino

Want to see if the mangaka can top the first encounter. They had Mugino looking like she was demon-possessed

10.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
“Toaru series is totally DEAD these days gaiz!!”

Oh look, series still popular enough to pump out another spin-off

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Only thing dead is probably any hope of future anime adaptations of Index now that Index III was a flop.

And frankly with the low quality they put out for adapting Index especially compared to Railgun, it’s fine with me

One and Only

Illustrious
“Toaru series is totally DEAD these days gaiz!!”

Oh look, series still popular enough to pump out another spin-off

I think it's just in some of the western countries that To Aru lacks steam. Over there in Asia it seems to be a very big thing.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I think it's just in some of the western countries that To Aru lacks steam. Over there in Asia it seems to be a very big thing.
Index was never all that big in the West where Railgun is generally more liked thanks to the Railgun manga releasing much earlier than any other Toaru series, before even Funi picked up the license in fact, and the better quality anime it gets.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Only thing Im hoping for is that this novel focuses on Mugino for once instead of Frenda, who I’d argue at this point is the more developed and fleshed out character

Frenda certainly has come a long way from the red shirt she was originally in Volume 15 that was only remembered for dying a particularly brutal death.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Only thing dead is probably any hope of future anime adaptations of Index now that Index III was a flop.
It's relative, that is, as an adaptation and animation it was horrible but it sold very well on DVD/BD and it was the most watched anime that year in China.

In fact, the ToAru anime that sold the least was Accelerator and it seems to me that it still sold more than the ChainsawMan DVD/BD in Japan (I don't even understand it since I thought the ChainsawMan anime was a good one).

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It's relative, that is, as an adaptation and animation it was horrible but it sold very well on DVD/BD and it was the most watched anime that year in China.

In fact, the ToAru anime that sold the least was Accelerator and it seems to me that it still sold more than the ChainsawMan DVD/BD in Japan (I don't even understand it since I thought the ChainsawMan anime was a good one).
Really? I thought with the amount of online backlash Nishikiori was getting from even Japanese viewers meant that the anime didn’t sit well even over there.

I’ll admit that I bought the Index III DVDs myself but only to go with my Toaru media collection. DVD Part 2 I still haven’t even opened up yet XD

I can see Chainsaw Man being divisive with how raunchy and gory it is.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
As bad as the Accelerator spin-off was, a series about Accelerator is still a big selling point and the anime did a good job with adapting the material.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Really? I thought with the amount of online backlash Nishikiori was getting from even Japanese viewers meant that the anime didn’t sit well even over there.

I’ll admit that I bought the Index III DVDs myself but only to go with my Toaru media collection. DVD Part 2 I still haven’t even opened up yet XD

I can see Chainsaw Man being divisive with how raunchy and gory it is.
It may not have gone down well with the public, but they still saw it and bought it xd

Back