To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
So how do I make a new Threadmark Index?
I'm able to see the menu option just as @Masterblack06 is because he and I have the mod permission to edit any threadmark index.

Since you are the thread creator, click on the "..." at the top of the thread next to the watch/unwatch button. It should lead to the "More options" menu and SHOULD have an "Edit Threadmark Index" link.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I'm able to see the menu option just as @Masterblack06 is because he and I have the mod permission to edit any threadmark index.

Since you are the thread creator, click on the "..." at the top of the thread next to the watch/unwatch button. It should lead to the "More options" menu and SHOULD have an "Edit Threadmark Index" link.
It does but it only edits the one already made not create a new one.

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
Does anyone know the translation of this passage?
Is there supposed to be something interesting in there? From what machine translation gives me it's stuff about To Aru x Virtual On. How in ToAru there's just one rubber band world, but in Virtual On there are many and stuff like that.

Mr.OMG

Paramount
Is there supposed to be something interesting in there? From what machine translation gives me it's stuff about To Aru x Virtual On. How in ToAru there's just one rubber band world, but in Virtual On there are many and stuff like that.
Well I'm generally interested in Tangram and Virtual-On, given that it adds a multiverse to ToAru, even in the original series.

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
I see. Well, can't give you anything that a machine translation can't.
Honestly, I wonder whta Virtual On lore on its own is like. I once looked it up, but I couldn't find much info on it.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

:hm

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
For the whole Othinus vs other Magic Gods thing, they do regard her as a failure, their Phase being something Othinus couldn’t reach, and they don’t seem to rely on something like Gungnir to maintain control of their power

On the other hand, inability to reach them could be a numbers game and Othinus also made a similar boast herself of being superior.

“Either 100% success or 100% failure would have completed my status as a magic god.”

“Ah…”

“Thanks to all of you, I have gained both solutions at once! Do not think of me as a mere magic god any longer. I will now show the world what Othinus truly is!!”

Personally, I see True Gremlin > Othinus. Coronzon is at least as powerful as Othinus if not slightly stronger and a nerfed Niang-Niang sent her running in their fight

Tree Diagram processing speed calc by Top59

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Well I calculate it with a low estimate while I was having breakfast XD

Anyway, I was thinking of doing a better calculation here along with the calculation on the statement that Accelerator calculated the movement of all the air particles in Academy City when he made the plasma storm.
But it will be when I have more free time.

Quantum computers have the ability to do several calculations at the same time and not one by one, although it is still quite large, now in the event that a human gets to do that amount of calculations to give an example...

It would be something absurdly big, Taking only the examples from the reddit thread.

It's between 2 e+30 xFTL to 4.4e+42 xFTL
“What’s with you? What’s that thing called? Um…Tree Diagram, was it? Hah, are you the kind of person that can’t stand it when a machine beats a human at chess?”
Simply put, Tree Diagram was the world’s smartest super computer. It was the ultimate simulator created under the pretext of being a perfect weather forecaster.
Weather forecasting may sound familiar, but that was a field where things could only be forecasted. They could not be declared as fact. Because the movements of each of the air particles that created “weather” were incredibly complex and intertwined with the butterfly effect and chaos theory, one could say that there was an 80% chance of rain the next day, but one could not say that it would definitely rain at 9:10:00 AM. That started to enter into the realm of quantum mechanics.
However, Tree Diagram had moved weather forecasting to weather predicting.
It did not do anything complicated. Basically, if it could perfectly predict the movements of every particle in the air around the world, there was only one answer it could come up with.
Tree Diagram had ridiculous enough specs to do that, but some people theorized that its use for weather forecasting was just a front and it actually had some other true use.
Incidentally, there was one irregular aspect of Tree Diagram’s weather forecasts.
It calculated the weather forecast for an entire month all at once.
There was no real problem with that because it was still accurate, but it still seemed like unnecessary effort. After all, next month’s weather was much, much more likely to be off than tomorrow’s weather. If the goal was accurate weather forecasts, it would be better to redo the calculations each day.
Yet the Tree Diagram used the more difficult method.
It was rumored that the leftover time was used for research simulations.
Drug reactions, physiological reactions, electrical reactions, and all sorts of other things could be calculated by Tree Diagram and a couple of tests could confirm the answer given. Being able to create a new drug like that almost sounded crazy. According to the rumor, there were researchers that did not know how to use a test tube and who did not like touching lab rats.
A super computer with that much power had plenty of enemies. Human supremacists who hated machines could try to blow it up in a terrorist attack at any time and AI supremacists who hated people might try to sneak into the storage area for Tree Diagram to steal the technology.
In order to protect it from external enemies, Tree Diagram was currently kept in a place where human hands could not reach it.
Basically, the satellite launched by Academy City was Tree Diagram.
The fact that Academy City could privately use the kind of rocket technology that was usually only allowed by national agencies showed just how much influence Academy City had in the world.
(Well, the fact they allowed it also shows how valuable it was.)
Kamijou stared blankly up at the evening sky. Tree Diagram was orbiting outside the atmosphere even then and it was possible it would continue calculating even if the world ended.
“It’s a steel brain watching down on mankind from above, but it can’t turn on us or anything. This isn’t some cheap SF movie. It’s just like a bank ATM. It operates according to the buttons you press.”

Well, I am going to seriously try to calculate the calculation capacity of the Tree Diagram.
According to the quote and the manga, the Tree Diagram can calculate the entire month’s movement of each air particle on the planet once a month.
It is not clear how long it takes, but it is known that it is less than a day since it repeats the process daily and sends hundreds of reports per day, so it also does other calculations but I have no way of calculating them.
dSKKlH0.png

So for the low end I will use one day of time frame and for the high end I will use one hundredth of a day.

So there are about 1.04 × 10^44 molecules in the Earth’s atmosphere.
Now the number of air particles on the planet is 1.04e+44.

Now I need to know how many floating point operations it takes to measure the motion of a particle.
According to this page, we could use this formula
pbNw99E.jpg

So need about of ~40 floating points operations to calc of the movement of one particle.

40*1.04e+44= 41.6e+44 floating points
1 day= 86400segs
1 day/100= 864 segs

Low End Tree Diagram Flops: 41.6e+44/86400= 4.8148148e+40 flops

High End Tree Diagram Flops: 41.6e+44/864= 4.8148148e+42 flops

Results:
Low End Tree Diagram Flops: 48 duodecillions flops

High End Tree Diagram Flops: 4.8 Tredecillions flops

To be honest, the Tree Diagram being a computer, I doubt it can be scaled to a character without a direct statement but maybe it's a good feat for things related to hacking

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

Well, I am going to seriously try to calculate the calculation capacity of the Tree Diagram.
According to the quote and the manga, the Tree Diagram can calculate the entire month’s movement of each air particle on the planet once a month.
It is not clear how long it takes, but it is known that it is less than a day since it repeats the process daily and sends hundreds of reports per day, so it also does other calculations but I have no way of calculating them.
dSKKlH0.png

So for the low end I will use one day of time frame and for the high end I will use one hundredth of a day.

Now the number of air particles on the planet is 1.04e+44.

Now I need to know how many floating point operations it takes to measure the motion of a particle.
According to this page, we could use this formula
pbNw99E.jpg

So need about of ~40 floating points operations to calc of the movement of one particle.

40*1.04e+44= 41.6e+44 floating points
1 day= 86400segs
1 day/100= 864 segs

Low End Tree Diagram Flops: 41.6e+44/86400= 4.8148148e+40 flops

High End Tree Diagram Flops: 41.6e+44/864= 4.8148148e+42 flops

Results:
Low End Tree Diagram Flops: 48 duodecillions flops

High End Tree Diagram Flops: 4.8 Tredecillions flops

To be honest, the Tree Diagram being a computer, I doubt it can be scaled to a character without a direct statement but maybe it's a good feat for things related to hacking

:mjpls

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
Personally, I see True Gremlin > Othinus. Coronzon is at least as powerful as Othinus if not slightly stronger and a nerfed Niang-Niang sent her running in their fight
True Gremlin > Othinus obviously, as True Gremlin literally is so strong that they can't enter the universe without blowing it up, while Othinus just isn't.

Coronzon < Full Power Othinus, though. At least in total. Coronzon has one spell and one spell only confirmed on Othinus level, the Flaming Sword (well, there are possibly other Magick spells on that level, but we don't know them).
2 x Nerfed Niang-Niang ≈ Coronzon but not strictly the Flaming Sword level. Flaming Sword is an attack relatively easy to deal with. Many magicians have techniques that can oneshot, after all, just that it's usually hax. Here it's raw power instead, but I don't think Niang-Niang stalling Coronzon strictly means she is above Coronzon's Flaming Sword. Just that she can deal with a relatively simple attack that's lethal.
They are about on par with each other with their regular spells, though, so around Planet level IMO.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
True Gremlin > Othinus obviously, as True Gremlin literally is so strong that they can't enter the universe without blowing it up, while Othinus just isn't.

Coronzon < Full Power Othinus, though. At least in total. Coronzon has one spell and one spell only confirmed on Othinus level, the Flaming Sword (well, there are possibly other Magick spells on that level, but we don't know them).
2 x Nerfed Niang-Niang ≈ Coronzon but not strictly the Flaming Sword level. Flaming Sword is an attack relatively easy to deal with. Many magicians have techniques that can oneshot, after all, just that it's usually hax. Here it's raw power instead, but I don't think Niang-Niang stalling Coronzon strictly means she is above Coronzon's Flaming Sword. Just that she can deal with a relatively simple attack that's lethal.
They are about on par with each other with their regular spells, though, so around Planet level IMO.
Wouldn't that be more of a matter of control? They said Aiwass was a "failure" too but that just sounds like them being salty as hell.

..and why are they around planet level again?

I thought Aleister's Big Bang Bomb x10 did fuck all to both Coronzon and the x2 nerfed Magic Gods.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

That spell comes from her power so she scales. It’s like saying Othinus isn’t universe level outside throwing Gungnir.

There’s also that barrier thats powered by herself thats so powerful, it would require nothing short of the full power attack of a Magic God to bust through

And as mentioned above, Aleister has nothing on their own to defeat either Coronzon or a Magic God, needing support from the A.A.A or Aiwass for the latter

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
That spell comes from her power so she scales. It’s like saying Othinus isn’t universe level outside throwing Gungnir.

There’s also that barrier thats powered by herself thats so powerful, it would require nothing short of the full power attack of a Magic God to bust through
Yeah that last part is exactly why I think nerfed Magic Gods and those around that level only being planet level is really strange to say.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yeah that last part is exactly why I think nerfed Magic Gods and those around that level only being planet level is really strange to say.
It’s kind of not backed up, but I personally think Niang-Niagn and Nephthys were still needed but regained some power by the Coronzon arc based on their performance

Just after getting hit with Aleister’s nerf spell, yeah their feats are only about planet level based on the shit they were doing in World Rejector timeline’s version of Earth

Back