To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I mean, would the Nerfed Magic Gods not scale to it?

Though I guess you could argue Nephthys was holding back against Accelerator even if she and her ilk were at that level of speed.
I doubt it, it's the spell he designed to face Prime Magic Gods and it's most likely the technique he used to destroy the Hidden World (since it's his most destructive attack currently).

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It was mentioned even against Nerfed Niang-Niang Crowley would be unlikely at being able to kill her. Like Nephthys against Accelerator, she also wasn’t really going all out as opposed to playing and threw in the fight too

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I doubt it, it's the spell he designed to face Prime Magic Gods and it's most likely the technique he used to destroy the Hidden World (since it's his most destructive attack currently).
Well, I do remember that he couldn't kill the Nerfed Magic Gods without the A.A.A. and Aiwass, though he did exactly that to a full power Zombie.. But it was off screen.

So I'm not sure how to reconcile with that.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Hell, even Coronzon couldn't be affected by practically most of Aleister's arsenal, and she's only slightly below or around the same strength as the Nerfed Magic Gods.

Though I feel scaling resistances like that might be a bit weird.

One and Only

Illustrious
Now that I think about it, does anyone's calculation ability scale to Tree Diagram?

Being able to predict down to the atom the weather a month in advance (and an entire month's worth in one go at that) across the globe (iirc) sounds like it could some serious numbers if that were the case.

Though this is all assuming it even correlates to reaction speed, which it probably doesn't.

As far I know calculation speed does scale to reaction speeds but only indirectly.

The only reason I remember given concerning Esper reactions in story is Rensa's battle in NT 7;

Kamijou Touma, Kakine Teitoku, and Rensa.

The first two to clash were the ones with wings.

In other words, Kakine and Rensa clashed at supersonic speeds.

A great roar exploded out after a short delay. The dinosaur skeleton collapsed in an instant and the tempered glass display boxes located here and there shattered. Fremea panicked and balled up her body.

The #2 must have taken some measures with his Dark Matter because he did not hesitate to attack Rensa even though she had the #1's reflection.

And yet Rensa was the one laughing.

"Hee hee hee☆ Unlike the previous Rensa, I'm not afraid to enter the realm where my senses can't keep up. You could say I'm the calculation type. I'll trust my life to an untested theory I've built up! That's why I don't hesitate to get into the higher speeds! That's just how it's gotta be with Level 5 powers, after all!!" Rensa was speaking while moving at speeds that were difficult to follow with the eye, so her words sounded somehow distorted and were difficult to understand. "And two against one doesn't matter. Only one of you can keep up with my speeds. If I just crush the bigger threat first, your greater numbers

mean nothing!!"

I'm not afraid to enter the realm where my senses can't keep up. You could say I'm the calculation type. I'll trust my life to an untested theory I've built up! That's why I don't hesitate to get into the higher speeds!

Sooo... People with higher calculation speeds can't keep up with their five senses. They use their ESP plus 'Theory' (maybe she's referring to a simulation?) to somehow keep up?

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
Sooo... People with higher calculation speeds can't keep up with their five senses. They use their ESP plus 'Theory' (maybe she's referring to a simulation?) to somehow keep up?
Pretty sure she means that she essentially does calculations to guess where things will end up. A very cyborg thing to do.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Does anyone remember in which volume it was said that Transcendents would be able to destroy the World (at full power I'd assume) but be unable to remake it like Othinus, hence why they didn't interfere with that whole sequence of events?

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
No clue, Transcendents got introduced properly in the recent GT volumes right? I’m only on GT4

Just caught up with the latest Railgun manga arc. It’s a flashback arc to when Misaka first joined Tokiwadai.

So far loving it. We see things like how Misaka first picked up her signature Railgun technique and quirks like kicking vending machines to get drinks out.

Shokuhou is still a little girl in this arc and I already have a good feeling on how she grows so ridiculously in one year too.

Between this and the Mental Out manga, we really see just how cutthroat the Tokiwadai cliques can be. Small scale versions of the outright gang wars in arcs like Battle Royale pretty much

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
No clue, Transcendents got introduced properly in the recent GT volumes right? I’m only on GT4

Just caught up with the latest Railgun manga arc. It’s a flashback arc to when Misaka first joined Tokiwadai.

So far loving it. We see things like how Misaka first picked up her signature Railgun technique and quirks like kicking vending machines to get drinks out.

Shokuhou is still a little girl in this arc and I already have a good feeling on how she grows so ridiculously in one year too.

Between this and the Mental Out manga, we really see just how cutthroat the Tokiwadai cliques can be. Small scale versions of the outright gang wars in arcs like Battle Royale pretty much
They got introduced in GT3 iirc, so the quote is probably from there to GT5.

I doubt it's in GT6, since I remember reading the quote before and GT6 wasn't even out yet. :mjlol
(And because I only just started reading GT6, but whatever.)

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
They got introduced in GT3 iirc, so the quote is probably from there to GT5.

I doubt it's in GT6, since I remember reading the quote before and GT6 wasn't even out yet. :mjlol
(And because I only just started reading GT6, but whatever.)
Hmmm... In GT6 talk about too...

So is probably from GT5 the quote you are looking for

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Between Railgun, Astral Buddy, and now Mental Out, feel like Tokiwadai gets a bit too much exposure. Don’t think there’s any other setting in Academy City so many stories revolve around than that place.

Shokuhou too. She’s a major character in Railgun since her debut, starting with NT11 showing her past with Touma and her later involvement in the plot has cemented her as one of the main girls of the series alongside Index and Misaka (RIP Itsuwa and Kanzaki fans), Astral Buddy was almost as much her story as it was Junko’s, and now she’s got her own series too on top of all that.

Kinda wanted a Mugino / ITEM spin-off or more of Dark Matter if we had to pick Level 5s that need more development

Or even better, A Magic side spin-off for a change.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Between Railgun, Astral Buddy, and now Mental Out, feel like Tokiwadai gets a bit too much exposure. Don’t think there’s any other setting in Academy City so many stories revolve around than that place.

Shokuhou too. She’s a major character in Railgun since her debut, starting with NT11 showing her past with Touma and her later involvement in the plot has cemented her as one of the main girls of the series alongside Index and Misaka (RIP Itsuwa and Kanzaki fans), Astral Buddy was almost as much her story as it was Junko’s, and now she’s got her own series too on top of all that.

Kinda wanted a Mugino / ITEM spin-off or more of Dark Matter if we had to pick Level 5s that need more development
Months ago, the editor of Railgun said that if Mental Out did well, the next spinoff manga would be by Gunha.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Months ago, the editor of Railgun said that if Mental Out did well, the next spinoff manga would be by Gunha.
Gunha’s cool but he feels like the kind of character who works in sporadic appearances like he does. But I’d still like to see a Gunha spin-off.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
How much FTL would that even be anyway to put it into perspective? :hm

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

..what the fuck

Well I calculate it with a low estimate while I was having breakfast XD

Anyway, I was thinking of doing a better calculation here along with the calculation on the statement that Accelerator calculated the movement of all the air particles in Academy City when he made the plasma storm.
But it will be when I have more free time.
How much FTL would that even be anyway to put it into perspective? :hm
Quantum computers have the ability to do several calculations at the same time and not one by one, although it is still quite large, now in the event that a human gets to do that amount of calculations to give an example...

It would be something absurdly big, Taking only the examples from the reddit thread.

It's between 2 e+30 xFTL to 4.4e+42 xFTL

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Well I calculate it with a low estimate while I was having breakfast XD

Anyway, I was thinking of doing a better calculation here along with the calculation on the statement that Accelerator calculated the movement of all the air particles in Academy City when he made the plasma storm.
But it will be when I have more free time.

Quantum computers have the ability to do several calculations at the same time and not one by one, although it is still quite large, now in the event that a human gets to do that amount of calculations to give an example...

It would be something absurdly big, Taking only the examples from the reddit thread.

It's between 6.02e+38 xFTL to 4.4e+42 xFTL
For reference, would that be better or worse than acting in planck time?

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
For reference, would that be better or worse than acting in planck time?
"Similar"...

Planck time is between 5.391247 × 10^-44 seconds ~1.35 × 10^-43 seconds

reddit's approximation is between 6e-38 seconds~1.5e-51 seconds

Back