To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
434163930_1166353177835525_4399309983280934749_n.jpg

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Minus the part about Othinus affecting the religious phases (she only destroyed the phases she created), all of that is fine for now

(She didn't affect/destroy the phases full of beings more powerful than she is, especially when numerous quotes contradict the idea that Magic Gods affect the entirety of existence)

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
And if I recall correctly, wasn't Coronzon only battered and bruised after getting jumped by multiple Magic Gods at once in World Rejector land?

I might be getting the order of events mixed up

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And if I recall correctly, wasn't Coronzon only battered and bruised after getting jumped by multiple Magic Gods at once?

I might be getting the order of events mixed up
This is her after the fight with Niang-Niang

He looked back in surprise and saw the woman in a beige habit alighting on the ground. Her bat-like wings scattered as glowing particles.

“Sorry about the wait.”

“Whoa, um…what happened? You’re covered in blood!”

“Do not touch me. I can deal with this myself. My flight would not have gone unnoticed, so we need to settle things before the pursuit catches up.”

Surviving a direct clash with a Magic God without having her body torn apart was impressive, but Coronzon had decided it was not worth explaining to Hamazura. Also, she had decided to call it quits without actually defeating Niang-Niang. You could not exactly brag about quitting while you were ahead.

But more importantly.

While sensing the seaside scents and the cries of the seagulls, she sat down on the green suitcase Hamazura was dragging around. He had no idea how it worked, but the suitcase did not grow any heavier with her on it. And he knew she could not be as light as a feather.

“Good, good. It’s right on schedule. The Queen Britannia has arrived in the Irish Sea.”

“You mean that…?”

Hamazura looked out to sea.

Dumfries was a small town even for Scotland and it had a harbor to the south. But instead of a major harbor with a lot of international arrivals, it was a regional fishing harbor. A giant gray ship that looked like the fusion of a luxury cruise ship and a warship had arrived there. The ship was actually more conspicuous than the entire harbor.

Coronzon spat some blood from her mouth before speaking while seated on the suitcase.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Probably worth mentioning too that Crowley destroyed that same Phase the Magic Gods were in

“What a pain,” said the High Priest while massaging his shoulders.

Niang-Niang pouted her lips as she continued.

“Honestly, why did Aleister have to thoughtlessly destroy our hidden world? Maybe we really should’ve killed him.”

Based on Coronzon, who he can’t ever defeat on his own, Aleister should be no stronger than Othinus at best and blatantly weaker than the Magic Gods who he retreated from after battle with more the half his body burnt

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Coronzon's not really an issue of pure strength(not that she lacks it), but because she's basically unkillable and immune to most forms of magic (among other things)

And even then, destroying the Hidden World and fighting with multiple full power Magic Gods (who are infinitely stronger than Othinus) and not even dying once puts him WAY above Othinus, reasonably speaking

Othinus < nerfed MGs/Coronzon with an avatar/NT Aleister (in no particular order)

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Everything I posted is ripped straight from Baka Tsuki and I doubt anyone’s going to actually read it to confirm

I’ll think about it once I make the thread, in the mean time any further comments about what to add?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
tbh not really

you could bring up the Four Worlds stuff but the scaling ultimately remains the same even without that specification as to how the cosmology is structured

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Coronzon's not really an issue of pure strength(not that she lacks it), but because she's basically unkillable and immune to most forms of magic (among other things)
It is when Magic Gods can just raw power through her immunity
And even then, destroying the Hidden World and fighting with multiple full power Magic Gods (who are infinitely stronger than Othinus) and not even dying once puts him WAY above Othinus, reasonably speaking
They were playing with him. Even while infinitely nerfed, High Priest was ready to throw down with him yet again.

Othinus < nerfed MGs/Coronzon with an avatar/NT Aleister (in no particular order)
Disagree on Aleister and Othinus might as well = Coronzon since whenever their powers are compared, it’s stated they rival each other

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
"she's unkillable and immune to most forms of magic"
"Magic Gods raw power through her immunity"

🤨

Othinus is equal to Coronzon yet Coronzon fights with people who are stronger than Othinus

make up your mind pls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
"she's unkillable and immune to most forms of magic"
"Magic Gods raw power through her immunity"

🤨

Othinus is equal to Coronzon yet she fights with people who are stronger than Othinus

bro what
Shows her immunity has limits. Who? Aiwass and Nerfed Magic Gods you can argue are stronger but honestly not by much.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Shows her immunity has limits. Who? Aiwass and Nerfed Magic Gods you can argue are stronger but honestly not by much.
I never said it didn't.

NT18's narration directly says even without a proper vessel, Aiwass is > Othinus, to a significant degree at that.
And he shows this by crushing Touma's entire arm and the Invisible Thing that bursts through it, while Othinus only destroyed Touma's wrist.

"Not by much" is underselling them quite a bit.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I never said it didn't.

NT18's narration directly says even without a proper vessel, Aiwass is > Othinus, to a significant degree at that.
And he shows this by crushing Touma's entire arm and the Invisible Thing that bursts through it, while Othinus only destroyed Touma's wrist.

"Not by much" is underselling them quite a bit.
Scan?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
What did? Before Kamijou’s mind could catch up, he swung his fist forward and his right
arm was bent at an odd angle from the shoulder.
Not even the intense pain could keep up.
Then something invisible burst from his shoulder and Aiwass grabbed it in his hand while
still smiling.
“Ha ha!! It seems to have grown some, but it still has a long way to go. And its purity
leaves much to be desired.
Aleister, you’ve been making detours, haven’t you!?”
“You talk too much.”
“Very well.”
It happened in the span of a breath. It was just like with Magic God Othinus back in
Baggage City. Aiwass squeezed his hand and easily crushed whatever-it-was to death.

“Ah…gah!?”
- NT18

Aiwass crushes the Invisible Thing after Touma's entire arm gets damaged.

Said manifestation of the Invisible Thing being much stronger than the one Othinus crushed, because it gets stronger over time and the damage to Touma's arm is much greater in this case, as you know.

And then...
This was the great treasure built up in order to overpower all of the Magic Gods, including full-power Othinus.
That meant this battle would be just as…no, more hellish than that battle.

And Aiwass was not the only one here.
Aleister made an announcement as if whispering.
“The Blasting Rod.”
That support spell would amplify an attack’s power to ten times what the target thought it would be.
It was now a solid wall.

- also NT18

After Aiwass is hyped up by the narration, Aleister THEN uses the Blasting Rod to amplify Aiwass even further.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
- NT18

Aiwass crushes the Invisible Thing after Touma's entire arm gets damaged.

And then...
Literally compared to what Othinus did

- also NT18

After Aiwass is hyped up by the narration, Aleister THEN uses the Blasting Rod to amplify Aiwass even further.

After whatever work Aleister was done with Aiwass. Again, you can argue he’s stronger sure but based on Coronzon, still in the same general tier as Othinus

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Literally compared to what Othinus did

After whatever work Aleister was done with Aiwass. Again, you can argue he’s stronger sure but based on Coronzon, still in the same general tier as Othinus
Yeah except it's a much, much better feat lol

The narration makes it abundantly clear that it's referring to Aiwass in the here and now though, not a hypothetical version that doesn't exist yet

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yeah except it's a much, much better feat lol

The narration makes it abundantly clear that it's referring to Aiwass in the here and now though, not a hypothetical version that doesn't exist yet
Built up and clearly not based on the story so far making it so Crowley relies on nerfing the Magic Gods to beat them and Coronzon being able to beat an even stronger Aiwass shortly afterwards (Coronzon and Aiwass fight in outer space, where he gets a boost from)

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
what does any of that have to do with them being much stronger than Othinus

I never said Aiwass in NT was at his full, true Gremlin stopping power, that's stupid and obviously doesn't make sense

Back