To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I thought Othinus would be Olivier but her Mustang Flame Alchemy ultimate is still pretty badass.

And love Misaka imitating Ed’s Alchemy with Iron Sand

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
On that note, I wonder if I should get around to reading Mahouka one day... :hm

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Great for people to collect the entire series at once

Now when is Yen Press going to make that New Testament publishing announcement? Hopefully, them calling this Old Testament is a hint that their going to

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
What feats of changing the weather do you remember?

I was thinking that perhaps the scenes of Misaka creating storms can be calculated, the problem is that it is difficult to get the perspective but at least we have the size of the academy city for reference
:hm

Km²?

Well the AC is a cirle, so is like 15.25 km of radius.
academy-city-map-english-districts.jpg

For example when Misaka 5.3 was defeated she released a pillar of energy that dispersed the clouds in AC before her halo fall to the ground, we could take a time frame for kinetic energy or use the time frame from the anime :hm

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
What feats of changing the weather do you remember?

I was thinking that perhaps the scenes of Misaka creating storms can be calculated, the problem is that it is difficult to get the perspective but at least we have the size of the academy city for reference
:hm

For example when Misaka 5.3 was defeated she released a pillar of energy that dispersed the clouds in AC before her halo fall to the ground, we could take a time frame for kinetic energy or use the time frame from the anime :hm
Who would scale to this again? :hm

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Should scale to basically all the Level 5s minus 5 and 6 since their powers aren’t conventionally destructive.

Ranking isn’t indicative of actual power past 1 and 2. It’s all but stated Gunha is the strongest Level 5 after Accelerator and Kakine despite his ranking as the 7th

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Does anyone have the quote regarding the fact that Touma being able to read movements simply isn't enough, and that he actually needs the proper timing/reaction feats to do 99% of the shit he does?

I think it was referring to him fighting Mikoto.

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
By the way, not sure if this matters much but..
“I was completely right! You’ve gotta stick with the strongest!! Nothing beats close range!! Why even bother thinking about the others!? There’s a reason this power is ranked at #1 when yours is only at #2. Eh? Oh? I think there was an unconfirmed sighting of him using white wings in Russia…but I don’t know how to use those. Maybe the conditions are a bit different. Well, it doesn’t really matter!! Hee hee hee☆”

“Damn you…!!” shouted Kamijou in anger, but Rensa ignored him and swung a black wing horizontally.

That strike seemed to chop through space itself, so it should have transformed that boy’s body into a bunch of mangled flesh.

I'm going to assume the "chop through space itself" is hyperbole, right? :hm

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Hyperbole.

“Seemed” is the key word. It’s not actually cutting through space

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

@Mr.OMG Do you have this quote on you right now?

Because it seems kind of strange that Angels/Demons (aka Phase beings) can do something that Magic Gods cannot (affect all of the Four Worlds), unless I'm misinterpreting this.

Mr.OMG

Paramount

@Mr.OMG Do you have this quote on you right now?

Because it seems kind of strange that Angels/Demons (aka Phase beings) can do something that Magic Gods cannot (affect all of the Four Worlds), unless I'm misinterpreting this.
This is the logic of the piece, in fact Angels and Demons cannot affect all Four Worlds, the only exception being the Fall of an Angel from the higher worlds to the lower world, which distorted all Four Worlds. But even so, Angels and Demons at the peak of their powers are stronger than the Magical Gods.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I.. still don't understand. :hm

Full power Gabriel >>> Magic Gods?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I think I'm gonna the need the quote regarding Angel Fall affecting all of the Four Worlds as opposed to just the Surface World (Asiah).

Mr.OMG

Paramount
I think I'm gonna the need the quote regarding Angel Fall affecting all of the Four Worlds as opposed to just the Surface World (Asiah).
“Anyway, Angel Fall is a spell that forcefully pulls an angel down from above, and this will affect the four worlds—in other words, the original world, the world of creation, the formed world and the physical world.”

“…Eh, Tsuchimikado-sensei, may I know what language this Missy is speaking?”

“I’ll explain this. Like what you see, Kami-yan, everyone’s inside and outside have switched. This is like a musical chairs game, once the game starts, the chairs and the people sitting on the chairs will change completely. But in this game, not everyone will get a chair eventually. The only one left without a seat will be squeezed into the sky—to sit on the chair that the angel originally vacated.”

Back