To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
unknown.png

I feel like this person is ignoring some context, but that wouldn't be new for vsbattles anyway.

Isn't this complete bullshit?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
unknown.png

I feel like this person is ignoring some context, but that wouldn't be new for vsbattles anyway.

Isn't this complete bullshit?
People will forever misinterpret this scene.

The only reason Accelerator had to put so much of his brainpower into rewriting Last Order’s brain and removing the virus coding in it was because of the delicacy involved. The slightest error could potentially kill her since it involved messing with her bio-electricity.

He doesn’t need that kind of precision when he’s just doing it to kill and all Espers manipulate things at the atomic level or smaller by default for their powers.

While normal Esper powers work on the quantum level to create changes viewable to the macroworld, Holistic Espers affect the macroworld to make changes barely viewable at all.

That was Meltdowner.

The technical classification was Particle Waveform High-Speed Cannon.

Unlike the #3 Railgun, she was a Level 5 who manipulated electrons without using waves or particles.

"…Haaamazuraaa…."

With that one word, an intense chill ran across Hamazura‘s entire body.

He recognized that way of calling his name. And once he recalled that, the power that had just flown by clicked into place as well. It was Meltdowner. It was a type of power that manipulated electrons. It didn‘t manipulate the waves or the particles. It manipulated and fired the electrons themselves. That power was recorded as belonging to the #4 Level 5. Its user had…had…had once been defeated by Hamazura Shiage.

“Elementary particles are things even tinier than molecules and atoms. We know that there exist gauge bosons, leptons, and quarks. There are also hadrons which are made when antiparticles or quarks gather, but, well, they're all divided into a few general categories. These elementary particles make up the world.”

“However,” said Kakine in a soft voice, “That kind of common knowledge does not apply to my Dark Matter!”

Boom! Accompanying gale winds, the six wings behind Kakine instantly recovered their forms.

“The Dark Matter I create is matter that does not exist in this world. It’s not matter that hasn’t yet been discovered, nor matter that theoretically exists, but rather matter which undeniably does not exist.”

A material made by an esper ability that could not be classified by science.

“This pair of black wings, Kakine had seen it before, and knew what it was.

The elementary particles that didn’t exist in this world, Dark Matter.”

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
As for application in combat, Accelerator just touching a concrete wall had him turn it into mush.

He knew where the windowless building was.

He knew where the shelter of the city’s board chairman was.
“Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!”

Accelerator stuck his hand into a nearby concrete wall. He manipulated the vectors so his arm sank in as easily as if the wall was made of tofu.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
People will forever misinterpret this scene.

The only reason Accelerator had to put so much of his brainpower into rewriting Last Order’s brain and removing the virus coding in it was because of the delicacy involved. The slightest error could potentially kill her since it involved messing with her bio-electricity.

He doesn’t need that kind of precision when he’s just doing it to kill and all Espers manipulate things at the atomic level or smaller by default for their powers.
Accelerator when he is severely cut by Aiwass, being almost dead, first he manages to keep his blood circulating and then he had to close the wound so he had to use his powers to do it since once he left for Russia, it was not for a Hospital.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Accelerator when he is severely cut by Aiwass, being almost dead, first he manages to keep his blood circulating and then he had to close the wound so he had to use his powers to do it since once he left for Russia, it was not for a Hospital.
Does it again too while in Russia, being able to save Misaka Worst after whatever device was implanted in her brain goes off, causing fatal brain damage that was supposed to kill her.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
How do you guys take it when Mugino throws a Meltdowner at Accelerator when fighting Kakine?

“Use this,” said Mugino from next to him. “This is your job.”

In the next instant, a beam of light shot from Mugino Shizuri’s palm and headed straight for Accelerator. That Particle-Function Waveform High Speed Cannon was powerful enough to slice an Aegis ship in half. If any disturbance had existed in the #1’s reflection equations, he might have been turned to ash without even having time to feel pain.

But that did not happen.

He made sure of it.

“…”

Accelerator accurately grasped the vectors of that attack. He adjusted and focused the vectors to give them new form and properties.
Accelerator didn't use his passive calculations because it would have been reflected back to Mugino, but Mugino indicated that he was going to use it but it also seems like Accelerator was doing all the calculations as the Meltdowner advanced.

From the illustration of the novel it seems that Mugino was close to Accelerator.
thumb.php

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Order is sequence. He’s clearly taking action as the beam is approaching with no indicator of him ever doing anything prior

Plus you got Misaka dodging four of those from behind and Accelerator blitzing Gabriel and Kazakiri who are > Kanzaki who can react to those photon beams from Index we talked about earlier

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
By the way I calculated the Accelerator shaking the galaxy
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/toaru-feats-calculation.1231745/post-64465652
It is between Solar System to Small Galaxy+
The truth in this case the high end would be the most accurate result but I leave it to your discretion.
I noticed that you mentioned Accelerator's calculation speed regarding his redirections "limit" when it comes to speed, but like...

Isn't Esper teleportation literally instant? Like explicitly 0 time lag in 3-D space?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Now that I think about it, does anyone's calculation ability scale to Tree Diagram?

Being able to predict down to the atom the weather a month in advance (and an entire month's worth in one go at that) across the globe (iirc) sounds like it could some serious numbers if that were the case.

Though this is all assuming it even correlates to reaction speed, which it probably doesn't.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I noticed that you mentioned Accelerator's calculation speed regarding his redirections "limit" when it comes to speed, but like...

Isn't Esper teleportation literally instant? Like explicitly 0 time lag in 3-D space?
Since a strange phenomenon in space is supposed to occur, I think it would be more because he explicitly has something in his field to stop it than because of a speed issue.

Since Accelerator does have a limit of calculations that it can perform or it would lose its field.

I tried to measure the calculation speed when Accelerator was hacking into Last Order's mind, but I'm not really sure if I did it correct or not.
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/toaru-feats-calculation.1231745/post-64444901

Now that I think about it, does anyone's calculation ability scale to Tree Diagram?

Being able to predict down to the atom the weather a month in advance across the globe (iirc) sounds like it could some serious numbers if that were the case.

Though this is all assuming it even correlates to reaction speed, which it probably doesn't.
According to when Accelerator was hacking Last Order, it is said that he could calculate the movement of all air particles in AC, it's significantly less than Tree Diagram but might be better than Last Order.

The thing is that something will probably come out too high for them to take it seriously here, I'll still see what I can get to try to calculate that.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I mean hey, I'm always up for MFTL Accelerator. :mjpls

And it technically wouldn't be much of an outlier, since he's kept up with Nerfed Magic God tier opponents who have reacted to the light from other stars being turned into an attack that was shot at them.

Or something like that.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I mean hey, I'm always up for MFTL Accelerator. :mjpls

And it technically wouldn't be much of an outlier, since he's kept up with Nerfed Magic God tier opponents who have reacted to the light from other stars being turned into an attack that was shot at them.

Or something like that.
If at some point we see Alice fight seriously, it could help a lot because she just threw her toys into a planet 11 light years away in a simple tantrum and I doubt if she fights seriously she'll throw slower attacks.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Stupid question, but no one scales to Aleister's Big Bang Bomb in terms of "reacting" to it, right?

If only...

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Stupid question, but no one scales to Aleister's Big Bang Bomb in terms of "reacting" to it, right?

If only...
It is possible the problem is that since Aleister never attacked him with that, we have no way of sustaining it in a debate.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
It is possible the problem is that since Aleister never attacked him with that, we have no way of sustaining it in a debate.
I mean, would the Nerfed Magic Gods not scale to it?

Though I guess you could argue Nephthys was holding back against Accelerator even if she and her ilk were at that level of speed.

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average

Honestly, given how teleportation is supposed to work it is kinda questionable whether it is truly instant...
Accels reflection is not instant in any case and in fact almost certainly slower than Tree Diagram, because
Mina Mathers was “something shaped the same as a person”. She was actually a grimoire, so she was not a human or even a mammal. Thus, her skeleton, muscles, and various organs did not need to move in the normal fashion.

And that meant she could entirely ignore the upper limits of the human body which was bound by calcium and protein.

By the time Accelerator saw her, he could already feel the pressure of the tightly clenched fist striking his entire face. The strength of the word “reflection” was entirely blown away.

It had not functioned at all.

The black cat witch’s right hook caught the #1’s cheekbone and she continued swinging with her entire body weight behind it. The great roar of impact only arrived after a short delay. When she saw the slender form quickly spin around, Mina Mathers whispered to him.

“Even the #1’s reflection is reliant on the calculations you use to control that power. Simply put, you cannot control any vectors with which your conscious and unconscious calculations cannot keep up. Of course, with the brain of Academy City’s #1 and the Misaka Network at your disposal, that would not normally present any kind of problem. …Yes, unless you began a benchmark test with a true processing device. And even if I have been freed from the bonds of that largescale parallel processing device, I am still doing the Thoth Tarot.”
it was overcome by a lesser supercomputer.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Honestly, given how teleportation is supposed to work it is kinda questionable whether it is truly instant...
Accels reflection is not instant in any case and in fact almost certainly slower than Tree Diagram, because

it was overcome by a lesser supercomputer.
Well yeah, Esper teleportation still moves through a higher spatial dimension, but it's described as having 0 time-lag in 3-d space so like... 🤷‍♂️

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Could just be Teleport is one of the things Accel can reflect passively.

There is no time lag behind it and it is impossible to react or dodge without acting before the teleportation

5.jpg

Back