To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Gladly. I found this while going through NT10 (for a different quote entirely, funnily enough)

image.png

"The power refined to kill a Magic God was being turned toward a mere boy, yet she could not stop it."
A sword bringing about as many mythological creatures as possible to destroy the world hardly = a single one being Magic God level. This is proven by Touma easily holding his own against several of them.

Seriously, Pax is all I have to go by is empty statements that you can’t even get right by ignoring context?

I could also bring up Othinus admitting inferiority to Sprengel and Aiwass in GT4, or the narration in NT18 directly stating that Aiwass is at least more powerful than Othinus in that moment..

Which would support nerfed true Gremlin being at least ~ Othinus
Anna and Aiwass being superior I can accept, but not by much based on Coronzon and certainly not enough to mean their > True Gremlin who consider at least Aiwass trash in turn

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I'm not sure why you even say Flaming;Sword is only at the level of Gungnir when it blatantly does more damage to Touma than Gungnir did and basic scaling already puts Coronzon at a level above Othinus:hm
Touma broke several fingers stopping it, Flaming Sword was stopped enough that a multiverse level attack left Touma as a barely living hunk of meat. Unless you want to argue Touma’s durability is universal, the slightest possible fraction of that power IB failed to stop is what got through.

The difference is so negligible that the book says it basically rivals Othinus in power

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
A sword bringing about as many mythological creatures as possible to destroy the world hardly = a single one being Magic God level. This is proven by Touma easily holding his own against several of them.

Seriously, Pax is all I have to go by is empty statements that you can’t even get right by ignoring context?

Anna and Aiwass being superior I can accept, but not by much based on Coronzon and certainly not enough to mean their > True Gremlin who consider at least Aiwass trash in turn
??

It's literally never stated that multiple are required to destroy the world.
Post the quote where it's directly stated that they are.

Each of the things she summons are calamities meant to do so in their respective mythologies solo already.

Again, the barrier would be pointless if summoning only one didn't cause any effects.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
"every statement the Magic Gods say is true and everything else is false"

:tupac

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Imagine arguing that Magic Gods are superior in strength just because they don't have supernatural bodies for Imagine Breaker to negate.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
??

It's literally never stated that multiple are required to destroy the world.
Post the quote where it's directly stated that they are.

Each of the things she summons are calamities meant to do so in their respective mythologies solo already.

Before the battle even began, Marian had likely used the sword to cut through the surrounding space and create a sort of barrier around the area. If she had not, the appearance of the different mythical figures would have created a mysterious phenomenon much like Angel Fall. Or the power could have exceeded the limits of the world itself and everything would have shattered like glass.

^ Plural.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Imagine arguing that Magic Gods are superior in strength just because they don't have supernatural bodies for Imagine Breaker to negate.
Imagine leaving out that Touma had no problem negating the attacks from the likes of Surtr too, not just their own bodies

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Before the battle even began, Marian had likely used the sword to cut through the surrounding space and create a sort of barrier around the area. If she had not, the appearance of the different mythical figures would have created a mysterious phenomenon much like Angel Fall. Or the power could have exceeded the limits of the world itself and everything would have shattered like glass.

^ Plural.
Correlation, not causation.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Imagine leaving out that Touma had no problem negating the attacks from the likes of Surtr too, not just their own bodies
When does Touma have trouble negating Othinus' Gungnir or phase manipulation?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
"every statement the Magic Gods say is true and everything else is false"

:tupac
Statements backed up where even when nerfed massively, fights are won against them by the other side either by the skin of their teeth or their purposefully sandbagging.

Statements they actually back up

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Honestly, I feel like we're going to have to just agree to disagree since neither of us are going to budge on this.

Clogging up this thread isn't a good look.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
this art goes hard but man I wish JVA just trimmed that damn goatee

although I guess that's part of him trying to ruin the reputation of the CRC legend :tupac

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Also in her defense, High Priest and Salome have humbled her a lot and her Tsundere-ness has mellowed down ever since. GT1 has Touma and Misaka being the most chill with each other I’ve ever seen.

These days, her bitchiness is geared towards Shokuhou more than anyone.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Toaru Majutsu No Index being this immensely popular where it counts, in Asia, for 20 years and counting and yet it’s anime seasons continually have the budget of a sack of potatoes will always be the greatest mystery to me.

So long as the light novels are going good, I’m fine with it anyway

Back