To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

8NJxJ35.gif

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Aeon doing a guide on how to get into the series. It’s still really easy, the series is just dense and requires a good amount of reading

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I’m on GT8. Risk 4 isn’t much so far. You got Mary holding her own against Trismegistus already in Risk 4 just fine showing the jump in power isn’t anything notable
I think you might've missed this part (and confused the volumes a bit).

There was a sharp clash of metal.
Trismegistus had remade himself into a brand new being by swapping out the names of the gods wielded by his hands and he rushed toward Good, Old Mary, slicing through even the wind with his cane sword.
Whatever he planned on infusing his sword strike into, he pushed the sword up from its scabbard with his thumb and tons of rusty sewing needles spilled from the blade.

Good, Old Mary had told him to come to her, so she was unfazed.
A massive piece of lab equipment covered the sky overhead and she only needed to release what it contained.
All she did was pull back her index finger while standing in the flower garden.
This time, they both attacked in a straight line.
The two Transcendents clashed after tearing through the seals which kept them human.

- GT7

Both of them were in Risk 4.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Paxton Literally skipping the entire exchange before that between the two before Good Old Mary went Risk 4, including Mary casually stopping Risk 4 Trismegistus attack

As if this wasn’t enough to surprise Good, Old Mary.

“Trismegistus. Who is currently in your right hand? And who do you have serving within your left hand? Did you attack Aradia before your top priority target because she uses a similar spell and you were afraid she would see through it?”

Flash.

Boooooooooom!!!

This time, it wasn’t a long range slash. Was it lightning? With cane sword in hand, Trismegistus himself dropped sharply down like a flash of light. But he was forcibly stopped right in front of Good, Old Mary who stood atop the tower with her large hat swaying.

There was an invisible wall there.

The one Transcendent revealed the other’s secrets from such close range.

“Mama knows your trick. You are not borrowing a portion of a god’s power and you are not making yourself identical to a god to wield their power. You place one god in your right hand and another in your left. Including you, that creates a large triangle that implants the world with a false definition saying you yourself are a god too. That is your method of leaving human territory. So instead of borrowing an existing god’s name, you create a brand new god and make yourself that god. You use the correspondences of the Liber 777 to accomplish this. Thus, you are not Zeus or Indra and you were not Hermes or Thoth. In the end, you never could love anyone other than yourself.”

“Tch!! “My right hand contains Odin. My left hand contains-”

“Mercury? Or maybe Anubis or Loki?”

“!?”

“Weren’t you listening? Mama knows your trick. Anyone who understands Crowley’s correspondence table can predict your next move. And that means your sword is no longer a threat. You cannot freely transform your blade into whatever you want. It operates on a predictable pattern.”

Magic God one-shotting power my ass

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
If the jump in power wasn't notable Mary wouldn't need to activate Risk 4 to begin with :char

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
She’s easily holding her own while not using Risk 4. Risk 4 for her was just ending the fight quickly and by the time she went Risk 4 the fight was already over with Alice taking down both of them

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
tbh it just seems like a Yonko Commander vs a Yonko sort of situation

There's a huge gap in power, but they don't necessarily instantly lose despite that

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And neither would even Ollerus lose to either based on these showings.

Again, it’s clarified if not outright retconned later that Transcendents can beat a Magic God with the right circumstances and even then, it’s hypothetical

Their just really strong Mages otherwise

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
literally the only condition is that they activate Risk 4 in time

if that's your idea of "right circumstances" it's a bit misleading

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Ollerus - somewhat keeps up with an Othinus who can't use any of her strong magic in fear of it backfiring
Risk 4 Transcendents - directly stated by Kamachi himself to be capable of surviving Gungnir and killing Othinus

it's not even remotely close

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
literally the only condition is that they activate Risk 4
Wrong

Risk 4 has never even been stated to beat a Magic God, hell there’s not a single Transcendent whose said this

Aradia gently rubbed Kamijou’s head and gave him an adoring smile.

“This is what it means to receive triple the blessing of your own good deeds. Hee hee. And that triple can be stacked on top of itself as many times as necessary. Give me the chance and it will snowball far beyond anything you can handle. All I have to do is perform good deeds throughout my everyday life – or set things up so my actions are interpreted that way – and my power will eventually grow to the point that I can one-shot a Magic God or a Transcendent.”

^ So far the only way a Transcendent by their own statement can beat a Magic God, in this case literally stacking their power over and over well past their standard output presumably to do so

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Ollerus - somewhat keeps up with an Othinus who can't use any of her strong magic in fear of it backfiring
Risk 4 Transcendents - directly stated by Kamachi himself to be capable of surviving Gungnir and killing Othinus

it's not even remotely close
Citation needed

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Citation needed
The irritating thing for them is that they can destroy everything with ease, but they can’t remake it all afterwards.
They’re so reluctant to play their one and only card that they were even caught in Othinus’s destruction of the world and killed.
(Because if the Transcendents had killed Othinus in that dark space, they couldn’t have remade the world like she did.)
With that in mind, can you see why they’re so terrified of Alice whose innocence makes her impossible to predict?
She has the destruction button right in front of her, after all.

- GT6 afterword

The only reason they died was because they're indecisive and didn't use their "one and only card", i.e. Risk 4.

Most likely, no one could have escaped that lance when attacked head on. No matter what form of defense or evasion they attempted, they would have had no hope of surviving.
That attack had been given the parameter of “no human can oppose it”. Unless one left the territory of man, one would be smashed to pieces.
- NT10

“No more holding back. Risk 4: Releasing the numberless seal – leaving human territory.
Rapidly renewing myself using a trio of great beings.”

“Mama is going to allow herself a risk of 4. Releasing the singular seal – leaving human territory,” said Good, Old Mary. “Show yourself, Tribikos – the tool mama used to contain a complete universe.”

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Unless every other Secret Chief is >>> Aiwass, their weaker than True Magic Gods and about tied with Othinus

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Unless every other Secret Chief is >>> Aiwass, their weaker than True Magic Gods and about tied with Othinus
What are you basing this on?

We never see a full power Aiwass manifest in the surface world.

He literally has no anti-feats to speak of at his full power.

Back