• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Which reminds me, how fast do we have Coronzon's Flaming;Sword at again? Since it zigzags down the entire Sephirot in a not significant amount of time :hm

One and Only

Illustrious
Correction: they don't affect the entire verse with their destiny/probability hax, just Assiah/the human world/the surface of the Four Worlds.
So it's more like 25% of the verse :mjpls
Do we know how big the rest of the four worlds is compared to the surface?

Or if the human world is the entire Assiah? It maybe just 1/infinity% of the verse. Never lose hope for megaversal To Aru.

:mjgrin

Which reminds me, how fast do we have Coronzon's Flaming;Sword at again? Since it zigzags down the entire Sephirot in a not significant amount of time :hm

Personally I think it's infinite in speed, despite the noises people make It's stated to be dodgeable, Hamazura dodged it yada yada. It's there in the incantation that there's a circle of infinite acceleration. I don't see why it isn't literal in this case.

Also Gungir straight up stops time and compress the universe when thrown. Why M:F_S that's supposed to rival it in power still finite in speed is a logic I don't understand.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Do we know how big the rest of the four worlds is compared to the surface?

Or if the human world is the entire Assiah? It maybe just 1/infinity% of the verse. Never lose hope for megaversal To Aru.

:mjgrin

Personally I think it's infinite in speed, despite the noises people make It's stated to be dodgeable, Hamazura dodged it yada yada. It's there in the incantation that there's a circle of infinite acceleration. I don't see why it isn't literal.

Also Gungir straight up stops time and compress the universe when thrown. Why M:F_S that's supposed to rival it in power still finite in speed is a logic I don't understand.
I think there's some stuff about each "world" being infinitely transcendent to the lower one or some shit but I don't remember what it said exactly :hm

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
All I know is that it's bound to be some crazy shit given how I've seen the Sephirot/Kabbalah be interpreted in a bunch of other series :mjpls

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Just to be sure, Accelerator 100% reacted to Flaming;Sword after it was fired, correct?

I think Touma did as well :hm

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Coronzon and Touma Dragon Shell in IF.

Coronzon summon a tornado of fire.

Touma can transform in a dragon.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
About time we got Coronzon

Also, for the 4 year anniversary event, we got these posters, the second one done by Kogino Chuuya, the mangaka for the Toaru manga

The main heroes and heroines of the series on 1 couch

2H6TX5M.png

9gQqmI6.png

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Not Toaru related but Kamachi’s got a new novel in the works: Peerless Middle-aged Hitman Wants to Live Quietly With His Daughters.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Does anyone have the quotes describing Academy City lasers as actual speed of light lasers?

One and Only

Illustrious
Does anyone have the quotes describing Academy City lasers as actual speed of light lasers?
"Those are laser units for attacking an enemy from multiple angles at once," said Kameyama, the enemy pilot, as the HsF-00 spun around and the small weapons flew around like morning stars.

His words were oozing with an obvious sense of leeway and contempt.

"You can't escape from something moving at the speed of light. Prepare yourself, young lady, because I'm going to gently shoot you down."
From OT 20, the prologue.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Also also, does anyone have the quote(s) of Touma withstanding Mikoto's lightning/arsenal of attacks?

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
still can't get over literal mid tiers scaling to this shit :mjgrin
Taking a bit of the high end, Misaka deflected a Meltdowner from a robot in the anime Misaka is seen moving after being shot which unlike his confrontation with Mugino there was always an ambiguity as to whether or not it was aim dodge due to the ability of the electromagnetic radar of hers that serves as a spider-sense.

If you take that legit many characters like Gunha would scale relativistic.

Kanzaki reacting to the Dragon Breath I calculated between Sub-relativistic to Relativistic but if legit is taken as the speed of light the Dragon Breath for being made of photons would give like 7 times the speed of light.

For the current scale of ToAru the Saints should be upper mid tiers.

This would be a high end interpretation worth noting.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Following that exchange, Mikoto attacked Kamijou with her full arsenal, but Kamijou negated the whole with his right hand. This time, her attacks did not end with Railgun. Her offenses ranged from twisting together collected iron sand to create a whip-like sword of steel, to sending powerful electromagnetic waves to mess with internal organs, to even finishing with a blast of real lightning from the sky.

But, none were a match for Kamijou Touma.

As long as it was supernatural, Kamijou Touma could negate it.

Back