• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Like for me unless its at the level of "all but stated" I dont want to see it asked to be threadmarked, actually even if it's at that level, unless it's stated, don't ask me to threadmark it.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I mean, I've kind of been doing that already

I can't think of any quote I specifically asked to be threadmarked that wasn't abundantly clear with what it was trying to say/already stated

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I mean, I've kind of been doing that already

I can't think of any quote I specifically asked to be indexed that wasn't abundantly clear with what it was trying to say/already stated
I know, I'm just laying down the ground rules.

I'm also gonna try posting again, gonna try a different format this time around.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
You guys remember this is my thread right? I know I meme alot about being lazy but I still do want to keep a level of competence and strictness here, I'm fine with you guys arguing or adding stuff to the respect thread as long as it isn't marred with head canon or beliefs that aren't specifically stated in text.
Literally all I say is exactly what the scan says before you know who has to derail it with their headcanon

For example:
The whole gimmick of Magic God's is phase manipulation but to a "greater" degree than a normal magician can do.

That's literally how it works.

Anything they do in terms of esoteric effects can either be attributed to another spell/spiritual item, or through phase manipulation (mostly the latter).

Magic Gods don't get the ability to ACTUALLY affect the core rules of reality, they only add layers that make it seem like they do.
It's an important distinction.
^ Utterly pointless. Everything is a Phase, including even the Pure World. It’s Toaru’s term for reality and whatever universe is the current one. And the Respect thread that I deleted and now have to redo because I got sick of these tangents shows Magic Gods 1) don’t just manipulate Phases but more, and 2) they don’t just add Phases, but destroy and remake current ones

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
So everything they do (mostly, anyway) can be attributed to phase manipulation, and they don't affect the underlying Sephirah which contain said phases to begin with, like I said.

And I never said they "only" add phases.

Last edited:

Churronzon

Notorious
Bruh moment at Trismegistus wanting to try to summon the real CRC again. This man needs his illusions shattered, now.

“The Bridge Builders Cabal’s objective remains unchanged,” said H.T. Trismegistus with a composed expression. “Common sense says we only want universal salvation for the world.”

“You’re going to thoughtlessly repeat your mistake? Rosencreutz wasn’t the saint spoken of in legend. You should know that in your very bones after what happened!!”

[...]

“Touma and the others’ victory was a fluke. That rebirth ceremony was a type of magic, so it can be reproduced. That means you can try again after that one failure. But if CRC is brought back into this world, there really will be no stopping him!”

“Christian Rosencreutz was no more than a collection of his own desires and passions,” replied the young butler.

Calmly.

No, that wasn’t accurate.

“Yes, yes. Common sense says that can’t be true. I cannot accept that Christian Rosencreutz would bring violence and ruin. His true identity and name are of no consequence. He must have had a good reason for behaving that way. He did not save the world because we were not ready to understand his truth. Doesn’t that make far more sense!?”

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Oh sweet, Nogi doing the art for the light novel. Kamachi really likes them with how often he keeps hiring them for new projects

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
i9WyDCc.png

For the longest time, I was genuinely perplexed as to why Good Old Mary is described as a blonde in the novels and only just now realized the black thing around her head isn’t hair but some type of clothing and her hair is what’s been draped over her arms like a coat which I thought it was for the longest time

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Feeling old yet?

Oh and GT10 releases today. Expect at least the illustrations to be dropped later on too

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
HLOSAJ1.png
pYmYAOq.png
fcUH5HX.png
3s8xOY1.png
er5ebk7.png
Mcp1Kns.png
XgKXBXR.png
fdl3WH8.png

Lots of Anna Kingsford this volume

A confrontation between Accelerator and Trismegistus

Bolgna Succubus gets another fight that I hope isn’t just her getting curbstomped yet again to show off just how strong the new enemy is like it was with Aradia

Alice got her head back

Anna Sprengel vs Alice

And something happened to Touma that looks like it left him catatonic or worse while Alice looks on.

Very eventful novel, that’s for sure.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Unconfirmed but Touma and Kingsford died against Alice and those killed by Alice cannot be resurrected even by other Transcendents (piss of Mary, you walking respawn that takes away almost all tension whenever your around)

Novel ends with Touma being greeted by Kingsford in some afterlife(?) and them resolving to figure out a way out of there.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I swear, if there’s a character in a Kamachi novel that’s based on Alice in Wonderland, be it this Alice or the White Queen from Unexplored Summon Blood Sign, it’s a dead giveaway that their powerful and broken beyond all reason and likely an insane yandere.

Alice here even has the White Queen’s same permanent death / damage to all those killed by her that not even erasing the entire timeline of that event can undo

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Apparently there were some interesting quote's regarding Alice's ability from the narration but I'll wait until I see the spoilers for myself :tupac

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
If this ending is legit. I’d love to see the opportunity to see Phases explored in detail. Just hope Kamachi doesn’t water it down to some formulaic Isekai shit but actually makes an accurate representation of whatever Phase their in

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
If they're in the actual straight up afterlife I don't think it even would be a phase :hm

Back