• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Death Note Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra

THE BEAR
I am craving direction and leadership so yes I am very interested

Ok.

Ekko has a characteristic town tells that he's just not displaying here. This is hard to verify with only one flip in the game but even without it I think there's enough to perceive an obvious difference.

And the tell is that he beats to the sound of his own drum, he quickly acquires reads and positions that he arrives at in unpredictable ways, but make sense to himself. And he doesn't let go. In Elden Ring, Ekko did the following:

- Doggedly argued in Fangs defense to the point where he was comically still doing it even after he flipped.
- Suspected and tunneled RDK, a widely town read player, for the entire game
- Suspected Lethal long after cleared by hider
- To town Ekko literally anything is possible and he will take a stance, reevaluate it, completely flip his reads, and come back full circle in the course of a single phase.

He has none of that energy. His play is positionally convenient. He scum reads too many players and is very flexible about it. He is not town reading or falling on the sword for anyone who would otherwise be an easy lynch. He is casing likely lynches all at the same time. His endless barrage of questions has not arrived him anywhere except where he started, consistent with just asking them to bury players he wants suspected. As town he actually draws conclusions very quickly, acts on them by tunneling players, and then adjusts or gets bored.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
If Lethal flips town, there’s a lot of TMI floating around here preventing his lynch
i remember this was said before the lynch yesterday. do u think scum wanted to no lynch twice in a row? that's outing in itself

Psychic

Yennefer
FFS everytime I come to this thread, I have 20 pages to read.

Someone update me on the situation.

Vote: Poyser

Die you scum. I am fulfilling Lethal's legacy. @Lethal there was literally no reason for you to overreact the way you did being the first to be lynch as a vanilla townie. I would say up your game and I look forward to seeing a better player in you in future games.

My reads so far are :

Scum : Poyser, Evan and Ultra
Town : T-Pein, BPD, Gramma, Big Man

Everyone else is null.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
By your words you analyze flips. The only flip so far is Town Lethal. How do my interactions with Town Lethal make me scum?
what I meant was I don't really make cases on people, the way I usually catch scum is when there's a mafia flip I go and do POE based on interactions between the dead scum and other players in the game. if I have more scum flips I can cross reference and narrow it down further. usually do pretty well at it but it does require getting scum flips in the first place which I usually do by trying to identify strong town players early on and help them achieve their aims since it's most likely to lead to dead scum

all of that is moot this game because we have no scum flip and no townies are inspiring me to follow them, and so all I have are my sus vibes on you and your shameless alcoholism. this was in response to you telling me to drop a case on you. idk how you got to "I think you're scum because I analyzed lethal's town flip, nevermind that I was trying to lynch you well before we lynched lethal"

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Ok.

Ekko has a characteristic town tells that he's just not displaying here. This is hard to verify with only one flip in the game but even without it I think there's enough to perceive an obvious difference.

And the tell is that he beats to the sound of his own drum, he quickly acquires reads and positions that he arrives at in unpredictable ways, but make sense to himself. And he doesn't let go. In Elden Ring, Ekko did the following:

- Doggedly argued in Fangs defense to the point where he was comically still doing it even after he flipped.
- Suspected and tunneled RDK, a widely town read player, for the entire game
- Suspected Lethal long after cleared by hider
- To town Ekko literally anything is possible and he will take a stance, reevaluate it, completely flip his reads, and come back full circle in the course of a single phase.

He has none of that energy. His play is positionally convenient. He scum reads too many players and is very flexible about it. He is not town reading or falling on the sword for anyone who would otherwise be an easy lynch. He is casing likely lynches all at the same time. His endless barrage of questions has not arrived him anywhere except where he started, consistent with just asking them to bury players he wants suspected. As town he actually draws conclusions very quickly, acts on them by tunneling players, and then adjusts or gets bored.
do you want to lynch ekko rn because you have my vote

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
what I meant was I don't really make cases on people, the way I usually catch scum is when there's a mafia flip I go and do POE based on interactions between the dead scum and other players in the game. if I have more scum flips I can cross reference and narrow it down further. usually do pretty well at it but it does require getting scum flips in the first place which I usually do by trying to identify strong town players early on and help them achieve their aims since it's most likely to lead to dead scum

all of that is moot this game because we have no scum flip and no townies are inspiring me to follow them, and so all I have are my sus vibes on you and your shameless alcoholism. this was in response to you telling me to drop a case on you. idk how you got to "I think you're scum because I analyzed lethal's town flip, nevermind that I was trying to lynch you well before we lynched lethal"
So you‘re not reevaluating anything based on Lethal‘s Town flip?

Emil

V.I.P. Member
ultra u need to stfu lol

idk how many times u need to be told I'm playing differently and I am CONSCIOUS about it

I am not trying to hide it

I am slower
more concise
more calculated
probably more scummier as a byproduct

I have made a vow to reduce my post count and focus more on observing before talking, rather than talk first, read second.

if you can tell the difference then its working

Psychic

Yennefer
btw those 2 bolded statements don't work together.
either
1 - he guessed wrong role name on himself which will leads to a kill showing up in WU as something like "a kill attempt was made on Lethal but failed"
OR
2 - they made no kill at all

you are contradicting your thoughts in one post. since this came after the host's clarification it tells me that you have CLEARLY not read the host's clarification. AKA you came into the thread knowing full well there was no factional kill attempt.

because otherwise you wouldn't speculate it this way.

does this makes sense or am I not explaining it well

my point is, psychic knows there was no factional kill. she did not read the host's post. this post was prewritten before ratchet's post. otherwise psychic wouldn't speculate lethal writing in wrong names as a possibility then just brush it with the second statement "no kill attempt last night"
I'm pretty sure I made this post before I read the host interpretations.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
So you‘re not reevaluating anything based on Lethal‘s Town flip?
not really, why would I? poyser made it easy for everyone by saying "lynch me if he flips town". I tried to call the bluff but nobody wanted to follow and I'm not going to waste time screaming into the void

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
not really, why would I? poyser made it easy for everyone by saying "lynch me if he flips town". I tried to call the bluff but nobody wanted to follow and I'm not going to waste time screaming into the void
Yes, but how am I scum based on Lethal‘s Town flip? You have interactions you can use for a case. This has nothing to do with Poyser, but if you scum read me, then surely you can make a case based on my interactions with a Town Lethal, no?

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Yes, but how am I scum based on Lethal‘s Town flip? You have interactions you can use for a case. This has nothing to do with Poyser, but if you scum read me, then surely you can make a case based on my interactions with a Town Lethal, no?
MY READ ON YOU HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH LETHAL'S FLIP

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesuuuuuuuuuuusssssssss

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
also a dead townie doesn't tell me anything about his interactions with other players except that those were his true thoughts, which is worthless to me because he's dead anyway and it's not like I'm going to sheep lethal's ghost no offense lethal

Ultra

THE BEAR
ultra u need to stfu lol

idk how many times u need to be told I'm playing differently and I am CONSCIOUS about it

I am not trying to hide it

I am slower
more concise
more calculated
probably more scummier as a byproduct

I have made a vow to reduce my post count and focus more on observing before talking, rather than talk first, read second.

if you can tell the difference then its working

One thing you are not is concise.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
Fuck this slot is hardcore wolf. No lynches should have never been an option. Why in earth would we just auto lynch any vanilla claims??
he's putting his wolf fangs in me BLD. I'm starting to believe he is towny even tho I agree with u that just lynching vanilla sux

Ngl that was pretty funny :hestonpls

I’ll take the L, come and have your moment fellas. I’m a VT so I’m a safe lynch

In terms of legacy:

Gut says Evans’ reaction to me turning on lethal and his excitement in thinking we had got one seemed genuine to me

Scum probably in a combination of

Big man
Psychic
Ekko
BPD

Still think Tiara is just town. Would be pretty shocked if ultra was not town.

Think CP is probably town just based off his play around me yesterday. Would be a little too brazen as scum to keep reiterating that I can get lynched today if lethal flips town I think lol

Gun to head I still think Doddsy is more likely to be town.

I’m not too sure on Gramma, he could go either way. He hasn’t really been as proactive as I’d expect from him as town but then I’d probably expect him to exert more thread control as scum? I’ve been town leaning him because we’ve had pretty similar takes on the game but could easily be possible he just did that if I was on the wrong track.

There was probably some TMI going on yesterday I’d imagine, obviously big man’s unnatural town read of lethal sticks out. You all should go back and read it because I don’t think it makes a whole lot of sense. I also think it’s worse because that’s like the only read I think he’s given all game as far as I remember.

The other person that sticks out probably BPD. I don’t think his theory about mafia not hammering lethal on purpose makes a whole lot of sense, and certainly doesn’t really make sense as a means to drop someone you wanted to lynch to then thinking they’re town. I think that might even come from a place of TMI about the mafia win condition, because until yesterday I assumed they’d be able to win by getting parity as usual but he approached it from a place of they can ONLY win if they kill L and N and I don’t think that’s really the first conclusion a townie in the dark would come to.

So I’d say they’re the best two leads but tbh I could easily see psychic and Ekko being scum as well so it’s whatever. I understand you pretty much gotta flip me here before the game can move on, no hard feelings. Just make it count afterwards.

Alright think that’s it. Peace
u arent going anywhere lol. help us solve this mess

our PoE look similar. let me ask few things

whats bigman like as scum? is he low activity like this just shading people?

big man shaded BLD but went nowhere with it yesterday. can this be some distancing? is this something bigman does with a low post count?

what made u turn back and put psychic as scum. fwiw I agree I don't think we can tolerate that slot much further tbh, but evans is now trying to be opporutintic on it and I don't read evans town so its giving me a pause

lastly, evans/cp/doddsy - I think at least one of those is a wolf tbh. i have disliked them for the reasons u seem to be liking them for lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back