• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Death Note Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grammaton

Consigliere
I claimed because I knew I would be a wagon and possible lynch and wanted everyone to know it was safe lol, I dont see how you can think I havent responded when I have said this before. It may very well not have been the most well thought out play but I couldnt be arsed trying to fight a wagon and then claiming anyway so I just got it out of the way. You never came up with anything even approaching a reasonable reason for why I would open the day claiming VT as scum. Saying "to pretend I feared the wagon" literally makes no sense. You said yourself that regardless of alignment I wasnt just gonna lie down and die, so if Im scum then Id just do that without claiming obviously knowing that I wouldnt be expected to lie down and die anyway?
who did you expect to actually pursue you out of interest?

Poyser

before the lethal push this was his read on Evans

a few pages later, this is where Evans basically gives away that he's lynchpin. I'll repeat town has no reason to believe he'd be telling the truth here but scum know he likely is.

asked who he would go for if lethal flips town. obviously no reason has appeared to change his read yet so has to say evans. although later after I had posted, when asked he only mentions me as someone to go for if he flips town, so seems that fairly strong scum read had already weakened.

a gut read on his reaction which can be faked is his reason from going fairly strong scum to town.

I'm not sure if anybody else noticed other than me and poyser how scummy evans posts were but he literally scum read me off posts he clearly did not read and then tried to link me and poyser as a team even though poyser was trying to get me lynched because he wanted to later lynch poyser instead. the post here says he's scummy or he's not reading the thread and trying to make stuff up. the implication being the latter is a reason for him to be town but that makes NO SENSE. not reading the thread and making shit up is very scummy. he's finding reasons not to try and push a lynch on him here.

and again. sussing him but not reading him scum so he doesn't have to lynch him.
Not reading the thread and making shit up based on his memory I said, not just making shit up in general. Its not really a scum tell for evans at all considering i consider him very sloppy as town and better as scum

But I dont really understand your point here with this ISO. Your original point is that I'd know evans was likely a lynchpin and wouldnt want to push him and risk looking bad, but here you have quite clearly shown me flip flopping on him a lot, AFTER when (you say) he made it obvious that he was a lynch pin. So pretty clear there wasn't much of an agenda there no? If you were right in your initial theory then surely I would have stopped talking about him? Why go back and act confused about it and bring him back into my poe, then not push him at all lol

Also you initially say I changed my read because in between me saying I wanted to lynch him and then saying he was town, he made it obvious he's a lynchpin. You have just proven this to be untrue yourself. You say he made it obvious he was a lynchpin in D2, but this was BEFORE I said I'd go back to him, so if you think he made it obvious then, then clearly I wasnt aware of it? Then I changed my read BEFORE his play around Odo on D3 so that doesnt qualify either

So despite proving your own theory wrong here, you have tried to act like you are right rather than recalibrate your read or theory.

Also, how can you say he made it OBVIOUS he was a lynchpin way back on D2, but then you have him as possible scum earlier today? That makes no sense at all

Poyser

who did you expect to actually pursue you out of interest?
I knew I could count on BPD, Psychic, Tpein and CP to vote me at the very least. I didn't think it would be hard for them to get the extra votes from people like Ekko, Evans, Big Man and I also wasnt really sure how you would see it either

Poyser

So your argument is essentially Poyser realized Evans was LP far before he came out and actually acknowledged it.

I guess the next question would be - a lot of players have assumed that Evans outting D2 and him not being dead yet means scum are asleep at the wheel, do you think this is true?
Yes, if I was aware that Evans outed as a lynchpin on D2 and Im scum, then the sequence of events that follows doesnt happen

Either I try to shoot on N2 and fail, then try again on N3 with the opposite character

or

I investigate him on N2, get his character and then successfully kill him on N3

His theory and sus doesnt hold up to even a tiny bit of scrutiny. He has retroactively tried to say Evans clearly outed himself on D2, but nobody felt this way including scum. Clearly

Grammaton

Consigliere
Yes, if I was aware that Evans outed as a lynchpin on D2 and Im scum, then the sequence of events that follows doesnt happen

Either I try to shoot on N2 and fail, then try again on N3 with the opposite character

or

I investigate him on N2, get his character and then successfully kill him on N3

His theory and sus doesnt hold up to even a tiny bit of scrutiny. He has retroactively tried to say Evans clearly outed himself on D2, but nobody felt this way including scum. Clearly

im very glad you pointed this out - also why im preparerd to rule flower out

Poyser

Poyser gives a town lean on doddsy, realizes he hasn't talked about him yet in the game and gives a justification based on doddsy not being wishy washy last game as scum. evans pushes back, poyser starts citing soft doddsy posts from this game. doing a lot to defend the town lean
Yeah it was pretty soft but I was trying to form a base

Btw, Big man basically parroted my reasons for reading doddsy as town. What do you make of that?

Poyser

poyser's big post to start d3. doddsy is back to town now. has a lot to say about most people and just the one vague town lean on doddsy.

again the same reasoning for town leaning doddsy, not making enough of an impact etc

again, doddsy gut town, now acknowledging he might be being too generous

doddsy is now sussing me for the lethal vote

poyser goes from town reading me to adding to doddsy's sus on me.

again, doddsy too passive, maybe I'm being too generous, etc. Very repetitive now.

now poyser seems to think I'm sus for following him on lethal. of course I followed poyser on lethal though, I do it literally every time!

really seems like poyser just wants to keep telling everyone doddsy is town and why lol
huh pretty sure i am talking about Evans in that post you are saying I sus you lol

Poyser

Poyser saying Big Man is scum for hammering Ekko and suspecting them at the same time is...the exact argument I have against him chiding me for bandwagoning my case
What is the argument? How does this apply to you in any way?

Poyser

big man gives doddsy a town read. what's interesting is poyser says he's copying his doddsy town read but big man actually gave specifics while I don't think poyser ever did.
I did give specifics tho, you just quoted them. big man has copied my reasoning lmao how can you read this post and say otherwise.

Poyser

CP' your agenda is so obvious here man.

Like legitimately, you have not given a single reason to sus me specifically.

You are trying to operate out of that viewpoint that I'm scum and then work backwards, using purely the posts of unflipped people who you think might be scum, yet are still pushing to vote me out of all of them.

Wonder why that could be :jerrykek
Yeah its kinda weird that hes using me townreading you as a reason as to why we are scum together lmao. As if a soft town read is inherently scummy or something

Poyser

I've laid out my process and reasoning. everyone not in my poe, I've had a reason to town read. there is no reason to town read you. you acknowledged this when you told poyser to put you as a null where you belong and always end up.

everyone is speculating there are two mafia, a main kira and a backup kira. that means anyone who doesn't pair up well with another player most likely isn't scum.

of the people in my poe you pair up well with poyser and big man. not with tiara. tiara didn't pair up well with anyone, so she's out of my poe.

that leaves poyser/you, and big man/you.

not my fault. not the plan from the start. just following my process. if you see something to disagree with in my process specifically, do so. if you just wanna bitch about me, feel free to do that too. won't influence me though.
Why have you ruled out Big Man/Ultra? Is there any reason they couldnt be aligned? Im not sure where the strong town read on him comes from. Have you actually explained it? i remember you sussed him then was like ok no that was just paranoia but i dont recall your reasons for having him as town in the first place and why you don't seem interested in re-evaluating this slot. Even more so now we know Odo is town, and Ekko was not mafia, and both of these are the people Ultra was trying to lynch yesterday

Poyser

I have to disagree that he can't approach the game this way. He seems to be town reading half the game and Lego fitting the remaining players together to find teams. That's pretty common. I think he's employing interactions better than a lot of players I've seen today. Feel free to accuse him of having an angle, I don't see why his solving approach makes it very evident at all, though.
you think hes doing it better than anybody because hes not included you at all lmao you're so transparent

Grammaton

Consigliere
Like scum flower isnt disciplined enough to not ram that point down everyones throats and try and clear herself off it, imo

Poyser

You stated that you had no interest in the other wagons, after explicitly saying you suspect her. I expect that to elicit at least a comment from you, weighing your considerations. I'm not insisting you had to vote her over Ekko, I'm questioning why you weren't remotely interested, and the answer is most likely you weren't honest about that read.

I don't have to establish your motive if I perceive you *making a mistake*. Poopsies are not purposeful by definition, and I think that's what this was.
flower wasnt a main wagon at the time tho and was unlikely to be lynched? hes correct that the 3 options of the day were me, gram and ekko. Not sure why you are saying thats wrong

Grammaton

Consigliere
Which exchange is this? Forgive me I've just read a lot and Im not sure which point you're on about so Ill read it again

basically i thought i had CP checkmated, but he made a point that basically killed my argument dead, so I conceded

He then kinda also drops it and moves on

Later he clarifies he forgot evans had cleared me, but this was before retro confirmed me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back