• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Death Note Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
You guys went from accusing me of being scum if Lethal is scum to accusing me of being scum now that Lethal flipped Town to accusing me of claim baiting Lethal when I never did that to accusing me of using emotes as a scum strategy to…whatever else floats your boat and nobody ever actually thinks how ridiculous and non existent the reasons for scum reading me actually are.

Cool.
lets not making it about u, we're gna assume u r town today and we need to see u go ham on evans doddsy and bigman

lets goo

Ultra

THE BEAR
Stop talking to me, Ekko. You are either just scum or convinced that I‘m scum. Why do you bother spamming me with dozens of alerts. God.

Back to sleep. Going to catch up with the thread after work tomorrow. Night.

What is with these blatant lies? You clearly weren't sleeping in the first place by making this post.

:hestonpls

Doddsy

Mafia God
Hey man, what's up?

I think Gram is probably number one. I really think there's a wolf between him and Poyser. Flower is highly suss for me as well. Those would be my top three.
Working and sick, just what we love
Betty White Dab GIF

I'd actually put Odo as probably my top town of those 3 at this JUNKture. I may be a bit rusty in reading him but I feel he's pretty close to what I'm expecting
Why the hell not?
Why is he not my priority? I'd prefer Ekko tbh. I do want CP and Psychic to respond to my questions re: Lethal vote before anything though

The X

Marvelous
Betty White Dab GIF

I'd actually put Odo as probably my top town of those 3 at this JUNKture. I may be a bit rusty in reading him but I feel he's pretty close to what I'm expecting

Why is he not my priority? I'd prefer Ekko tbh. I do want CP and Psychic to respond to my questions re: Lethal vote before anything though
Sorry you're not feeling great my man, feel better soon.

Are you all caught up in the game? I feel like Gram really hasn't done any scum hunting at all this game and is causing more disruption than figuring solutions. I think he's been unfair with my slot and has shown no real interest in solving it other than shit talking me. I am struggling to see anything townie in his game. You say he feels pretty close to what you're expecting from him. What is that exactly?

Where to you place Poyser and Flower then?

Emil

V.I.P. Member
Dragon qualifies as well. All he does is tunnel you. And then said he wants to go for me when he never brought me up before? Idk.

Evans was driving the Lethal wagon along with Poyser. I don‘t see a scum doing that so blatantly.

Psychic‘s hammer vote also looked more Town-ish as well as her general content. There‘s also an angle-shooting reason which I won‘t specify now.
can u talk to me about the evans one?

It was Evans who brought up the quotes from the other game, though. Which makes me think those two were just mindmelding and thought Lethal was scum.
it looks even worst to him now that lethal flipped scum. evans hasn't even tried to solve lethal lol

Don‘t you think I‘m scum. Why does your scum read‘s take matter here?
well flowa idk why u keep making posts like these. if he has u as 100000% scum he wud be voting u and tag us to lynch u rn

just cuz u read somoen as potentially scummy doesn't mean u don't ask for their reads. its entirely the whole point of it to see their PoV and maybe read them as town if it makes sense or continue scum reading them if it didnt

Doddsy

Mafia God
Sorry you're not feeling great my man, feel better soon.

Are you all caught up in the game? I feel like Gram really hasn't done any scum hunting at all this game and is causing more disruption than figuring solutions. I think he's been unfair with my slot and has shown no real interest in solving it other than shit talking me. I am struggling to see anything townie in his game. You say he feels pretty close to what you're expecting from him. What is that exactly?

Where to you place Poyser and Flower then?
Loosely caught up, i have read everything in large blocks so I wouldn't say my memory is excellent regarding it.

I don't agree that he hasn't done a whole lot of solving, we had similar reads earlier which does make me feel positive about him as well in that sense. I expect him to be pretty hostile as town tbh and not much entertaining of cases against him. If I remember correctly he would normally find one person he was real confident in and push them real hard when town, not so much in the general way of a wide net.

I'd have flower scum sided at the moment, poyser though I'm not sure of. I don't see him offering himself up for Lethal too much in the event he is actually scum. He would have known the flip in advance etc. But on the flip side of that he could definitely WIFOM it

Evans

Acclaimed
Betty White Dab GIF

Odo is very obviously town IMO

Evans

Acclaimed
Your interaction with Lethal was not good
Looked like busy work
Seemed like you were going through the motions

Seemed you got to the read fairly quickly over very little

Especially when Poyser 180’d on him over his play and he has a 98.647372727% record of reading him

Big Man

Illustrious
I better comment on this because you've gotten things wrong and seem to want to try and throw suss on me for 180ing on Lethal (just like you used Lethal 180ing on Tpein to suss him). I don't know if scum purposely held up the Lethal D1 wagon by dissuasion or offering other names, however, I think scum clearly were fine with no lynching D1. With what happened D2 around Lethal, I think that my theory holds credence.

Now, the reason I 180'd on Lethal because I have always thought there was a big brain play going on this game. I think I have the plot right, but I don't have the players right quite yet. I saw that town had the opportunity to hammer Lethal for a long time and just fucking didn't. That made me believe that Lethal was potentially just being used as a setup. And while I didn't think Lethal's defense against my case was all that strong, he at least put time and effort into it and that made me think he really was trying to prove himself. So yeah, I didn't feel like Lethal was the best way to go D2 anymore. It's also funny because reading D2 after EOD, I still wouldn't have voted Lethal there. I thought his emotional response here was even worse than in Elden Ring and I was told that Lethal was in typical town meta because of that. While, he leans harder into it this game but then somehow people just say he's scum and lynch him anyway. I also understood that I was wrong about Lethal in Elden Ring so I wanted to be more cautious around his slot this game. So N1 I adjusted my thinking and that's what you saw on D2. Funny how if I tunnel Lethal, I'm damned, but if I back off Lethal and change my mind, I'm also damned. Seems like my game and reactions are really being held to a certain standard this game.
where did this feeling come from though? out of thin air? also, you made a claim before lethal flipped that you think scum refused to hammer. why have you not made any conclusions off that in terms of players alignments? have you even gone back to look at the wagon after you had that feeling to see who was trying to push it through and who was trying to stop it? I feel like if you have that feeling you should use it try and make reads off how people played around the wagon but there doesn't seem to be an attempt to do that. just a blanket statement about scum not wanting the lynch to go through which gives us nothing.

Vote Count #1 - Day 3

Ratchet

Ultra > Grammaton > None > Ekko
Tiara > Grammaton > None > Ekko
CraigPelton > Poyser > Tiara > Ekko
T-Pein > Grammaton
Poyser > Big Man
Evans > Tiara
Psychic > Poyser
Ekko > Big Man
Vote Count - Day 3

Ekko - 3
(Ultra, CraigPelton, Tiara) L-4
Grammaton - 1 (T-Pein) L-6
Big Man - 2 (Poyser, Ekko) L-5
Tiara - 1 (Evans) L-6
Poyser - 1 (Psychic) L-6

Emil

V.I.P. Member
Ok.

Ekko has a characteristic town tells that he's just not displaying here. This is hard to verify with only one flip in the game but even without it I think there's enough to perceive an obvious difference.

And the tell is that he beats to the sound of his own drum, he quickly acquires reads and positions that he arrives at in unpredictable ways, but make sense to himself. And he doesn't let go. In Elden Ring, Ekko did the following:

- Doggedly argued in Fangs defense to the point where he was comically still doing it even after he flipped.
- Suspected and tunneled RDK, a widely town read player, for the entire game
- Suspected Lethal long after cleared by hider
- To town Ekko literally anything is possible and he will take a stance, reevaluate it, completely flip his reads, and come back full circle in the course of a single phase.

He has none of that energy. His play is positionally convenient. He scum reads too many players and is very flexible about it. He is not town reading or falling on the sword for anyone who would otherwise be an easy lynch. He is casing likely lynches all at the same time. His endless barrage of questions has not arrived him anywhere except where he started, consistent with just asking them to bury players he wants suspected. As town he actually draws conclusions very quickly, acts on them by tunneling players, and then adjusts or gets bored.
bolded is the best point here, and that is still too early to say without flips as u have mentioned at the start of the post

in the games I played here I have a hard day 1 and 2 because I don't know most players well, but also I want to try to stay as neutral as possible and observe all sides before choosing one based on who I think plays better. i think one thing u r missing here, and one that wud be hard for me to fake as scum is that i'd probably have a much easier time to pick a side as scum than town, because I already know everyone's alignment it wud be easier to position and pick the favorable side.

if I level with u here I don't think our reads and progression have been different either. this post is actually somewhat scummy, because u shud know we r currently not in a position for me to be able to tunnel anyone or have a confident read on anyone. i have scum reads, but not enough to lock me onto the player like RDK.

and I think from recent games, town tends to allow me tunneling them more than scum, who just either tries to position well to avoid the tunnel or kills me or tries to pocket me instead.

what if I play a game and not tunnel. what's scum gna do now that I remain unpredictable in where I will go next? they cant rly just reserve my slot thinking I'm gna help them go somewhere anymore, because I could in an instant pick a side against them

some of this is happening naturally, other I am consciously about this game and I am going to stick to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back