• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Elden Ring Mafia

Poyser

As far as X/BPD goes - I've rarely seen him as emotional as he has been at parts this game. I would actually lean town given that I can reconcile his posts as someone caught in his viewpoint, I am a bit concerned that mine seems to be different from his. An Ultra scum flip, if that is the direction of the day, would have me reconsider this. Likewise, a Lethal scum flip would have me just lock him in as town.
Obviously if lethal flips mafia then BPD is cleared but we are supposed to come to conclusions before we let him get his lynch lol. I don’t think lethal is flipping mafia and I think BPD has been acting in bad faith the entire game thus I don’t want lethal to flip at all

The X

Marvelous
I should note that my arguments on Ultra aren't really contructed to draw a defence. More interested in what others have to say on it rather than Ultra himself.
I think your case against Ultra was well done. Definitely had me thinking.

The X

Marvelous
Yeah, because I was looking at ways to connect Ekko to Aurelian due to the claim. I found it, and still do, very out of character for Ekko to be wrapped up in flavour and character names and the like. Aurelian (or Fang?) had claimed indy, and Ekko is normally lynch anything that's not town, but had wanted to give him a stay? I said it wasn't to protect a mate but I don't think his intentions were genuine. Indy could be the SK and help scum diminish numbers. Last game I played, Ekko was my team mate. He had shown a desire for the SK to stay alive to help us help reduce town numbers.

See this isn't a nonsense conclusion at all. Yoshi has all this alleged tactical brilliance from one game, Fang was snapping away at anyone who went against him, and you were placating it.

Yeah, I was aware that he had claimed indy. Now I could be mistaken but this was around the time that Poyser and others were picking apart his claim and the mistakes that had been made in it. So I second guessed the indy claim and looked for connections. Town are not going lie about being indy, only scum.

Not sure what this is trying to achieve? My progression was Ekko, who I have, had, and still do scum read, then I went to Fang, then I went part of the CFD on Tweet (because I was still semi-believing the indy claim, like 60/40) and it was made apparent that my Ekko preference wasn't going to happen, and then when Tweet claimed VT and started posting (even though he was a direction I wanted too), I went back to the non-town entity. It fell in a bad place on the wagon, and looks bad, but hey, that's the breaks. Plenty of wagon analysis could be done there for why people got on, got off, and got back on, no?

Cherry on top is that I wasn't the final vote? Well this is clutching at straws now isn't it.

I was catching up by going back through the posts. I had skimmed the game whilst being on the train, and remembered some of the details (but didn't know how to do threadmarks, even though I said how cool they were here in the beginning, hence me asking how to do them later).

I think it's pretty damning that you've seen Dragon's case on me (which I'm getting to), and thought you could capitalise on it by giving your own 'case' whereas the evidence you've presented is filled with inconsistencies and conclusions that have no merit. Almost as if you've put in a lot of effort to basically latch a vote on.
It's easier to handle your slot when you take time to think things through and make calm and rational posts. Also, just sticking around to defend and explain your points as well.

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
Tried to do a quick peruse through. Sad to see I am still the lone representative on Ekko despite i think seeing numerous people share my sentiment on him.

Unvote

The Ultra wagon being ahead of Lethal now in this short order is very interesting. I leaned town on him simply based on Aurelian’s posts so not caught up on what he’s done to be able to garner this wagon. Someone can let me know or I suppose i can try to look. A claim would be helpful at this point given time left in day though.
I got Ekko as scum as well btw, it just didn't happen today. Let's try again tomorrow!

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
I hadn't really been worried about Ultra until this interaction but it was just so inherently untowny.

He tries to discredit a player entirely instead of actually showing any interest in their play.

As town you would want to encourage activity and input from everyone but here he basically attempts to destroy rugrats growing thread presence in a hostile manner.

I missed a quote here but he tells Rugrat to "go back to lurkerland"

Not only is this not a pro-town thing to say, it's actually also bad because it kind of validates rugrats feelings as being real and not coming from a place of scum.

If he hates what rugrat is doing enough to tell him to fuck off, why isn't he probing him on it or suspecting him for it?
I've been reading Ultra town on tone up until that batch of posts, but with those, his tone breached the point of parody I felt and it seemed like he just talked that way to feign confidence more than anything.

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
It also just occurred to me, why didn't Aurelia just claim Bodyguard lol. I certainly would have just told him to claim bodyguard and I think there are a handful of people here I'd expect to have done the same.
Great point tbh, there's a number of people I'd simply eliminate from being Aurelians teammate simply based on this, like CP and yourself.

Poyser

Great point tbh, there's a number of people I'd simply eliminate from being Aurelians teammate simply based on this, like CP and yourself.
I can see Aurelian being difficult tho. Like I can tell tpein what to claim til I’m blue in the face but he’ll just claim what he wants. Aurelian strikes me as kinda similar lol. I agree with you in principle but I don’t think we can write off Aurelian going roguen

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Unvote

It's a bit of a 180 from Lethal's earlier play, however I'm not going to chuck out the possibly he's being coached

I like his current contributions for now

The X

Marvelous
Alright, @Black Pegged Dragon , it's your turn:

Evans had spent most of those posts engaging about me. It's a typical tactic from him. So yeah, tunnel. Evans will choose someone and go in on them. He likes to do it to me. We once had a 20+ page back and forth in a Norse game. I was interacting with Poyser because he was active in the thread. If you think I'm going to try and be 'safe' with Poyser as scum, then that's flawed because he has an excellent strike rate at reading me when scum. If he'd sniffed any bullshit, he'd be into me and I'd avoid him. WIFOM, sure, but there's plenty of data to support it.

Yeah, I have changed. it's been over a year since I last played with Evans, so he needed to know that. We were arguing cos I felt he was tunneling. It's clear I was scum reading him? Strong choice of words there, and false. Lean, possibly, but not read.

He was being a smart arse saying that I'd dipped so I gave one back in return. I think the frozen in wolf chat comment is funny, and used it.

Again, I have random time frames to play in. I had been out, reception wasn't that good where I was. I could've just ignored it all, feigned catching up like OneLastUserName and BigMan, but hey, I want to contribute.

As I mentioned, I'd been skim reading on the train. I recalled some of the more notable things but didn't save them as I was on phone and the quotes don't transfer over. I also didn't know how to use the bookmarks yet either. The process re: Ekko was that he's normally blood thirsty for anything that is anti-town (of which an indy is). Xmas mafia he wanted to keep the suspected SK alive to assist with the night kills. (now we thought it was Pein, which could cloud that sentiment).

I've played with CP for ~4 years. I am almost always scum leaning him because he's a difficult player to break down for me. It's negative thinking to always excuse someone as a scum lean, well, except for Doddsy, cos he's permascum.

Yeah, I did, since he's grown up the scale of my suspects. Near identical pattern to how he approached Xmas mafia. We say that it's not loved that I'm using a past game to go after Ekko here, but you have no issue in using a past game to go after me over my reactions? Is this not hypocritical? I find it rather obtuse in fact. You're trying to paint a picture here but your brush is dry.

Frozen in wolf chat =/= dipping. Saying I dipped when I went afk is insulting and I took issue with it. I may not be the most active player, but I do my best to catchup and get involved when I am playing. The game had advanced 1300 posts between getting on PC. Of course I didn't like the comment.

Yeah, because I said maybe I'm being blinded by bias with Evans and went along my suspicion tree cos Ekko wasn't getting bites. I'd made it pretty clear why I was interested in Ultra when doing this, no?

Mine is bigger. And now the posts about Poyser:

This was to facilitate discussion around Tweet. Town tweet has no issues reading people, or giving out scum reads. It was observed that he'd purposefully avoided Poyser in this instance of the game.

These are receipts from the last game we played. Evidence to support the sentiment that non-scum tweet (he was survivor in this game) has no issue interacting with Poyser. Scum Tweet does.

Funny, you said they were all about Poyser, but no, they were us discussing mutually observed traits on Tweet. Dare I hint a lie to push an agenda?

I'm an emotional player. Call me dumb, coward etc and I'll go off. I addressed this earlier and accept that maybe I go too far at times and I shouldn't.

Yeah, I saw they were an option but I genuinely didn't know how to use them, hence the question. My task of catching up would've been so much easier if I'd known. You thinking I'm faking not knowing how to do something is on you. I think you severely underestimate how clueless I am at certain things.

And? Yoshi has all this alleged tactical brilliance from one game, Fang was snapping away at anyone who went against him, and Ultra was placating it. I've learned many moons ago to try and see connections of teams forming in the thread. You disagree, cool.

This was my case on Yoshi, if you can call it a case. He completely ignored a portion of play prior to his entry. He suggested tunneling off of 2 posts. Low-hanging fruit he may be, but he's not immune from suspicion.

So are reads are a complete 180 of each other. Not sure how this is bad for me, we just have different thoughts and opinions. I have played ~5 games with Ratchet on WG and formed a good enough assumption about his town play, which I agree is the same happening here. Am I wrong? Absolutely possible but I'm confident enough in my ability to be comfy with that atm.

I mean, I'm looking for more evidence on Tweet being a fence sitter, and given Poyser and I had been in communication about it, of course I'm going to seek his opinion.

Why are CP, Dalton, Alco, & Haza scum for you?

Why are Ultra, Yoshi, Ekko, Retro & Tweet town for you?

Fang was insulting Poyser about reading ability, CP was insulting you about reading ability. They were deflecting away from what was being presented with insults. You even liked this post, but now have found an issue with it? Interesting switch up. And yeah, CP as a town lean but with not much confidence at all, given my previously stated lack of trust in my ability to read him correctly.

Bussing my being the hammer vote? Sorta like yours being the 10th vote?

<========================================================>

It's a cute case, as I said. You're building a narrative here based on a lot of assumptions and using my tendency to play overly emotional. You even admitted earlier that you were letting your emotions fly (I'd suggest deliberately trying to wind me up).

For beating your chest so much about this case, it's not even that strong imo as I've easily negated any points provided.

at-least-you-tried-trash.gif
Where's this effort a day ago, though? I really do appreciate the response but it comes so late. I had the arrogance at the end, especially since you ran away and literally had a day to think of responses. So yeah, I'm not convinced you're not scum, but you've at least earned yourself a pause of consideration.

Poyser

lol the fact that lethal just replied normally to some posts has made all these guys “oh idk now actually” just shows how little conviction they had in the first place, and how majority of the train came from BPD’s emotional manipulation based on lethal being difficult

Lethal

T.B.A
Where's this effort a day ago, though? I really do appreciate the response but it comes so late. I had the arrogance at the end, especially since you ran away and literally had a day to think of responses. So yeah, I'm not convinced you're not scum, but you've at least earned yourself a pause of consideration.

I was in a shit mood last night. I can be an arsehole when tired and poke at the stupidest of things.

May this be the continuation of good vibes :)

The X

Marvelous
I also town read Ratchet and I find it very hard to believe that he pulls this case on Ultra just to save a mate in Lethal. Makes me willing to bet on Ratchet and thrown down an Ultra vote.

The X

Marvelous
lol the fact that lethal just replied normally to some posts has made all these guys “oh idk now actually” just shows how little conviction they had in the first place, and how majority of the train came from BPD’s emotional manipulation based on lethal being difficult
Poyser, I literally asked Lethal to be a human and respond to me like they just did a day ago. I want to figure and solve slots but when they do what Lethal does, it makes it incredibly hard.

You sound very pro-town this game.

Back