• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Fate/Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra

THE BEAR
I mean, I called you wolf long before you slipped. My posts against you had other points other than your slip. So you saying I'm just harping on your slip and that you won't respond is just more hand waving.

Another reason I think you're full of piss and vinegar this game is that I've never seen you treat my slot the way you have this game. You've constantly insulted me and dismissed and discredit whatever I say, even when I'm conversing with another player. You have made no attempt to solve my slot, instead flip flopping on it (despite claiming it's so easy to read me). Now you claim I'm solved (no progression explained) and that you're just going to put me to the sidelines. First, if I'm town, isn't shortsighted to just me off to the side? You got upset saying I gave your wolf game zero credit if I actually believed you slipped, but aren't you giving my town game zero credit here? Second, shouldn't you want to work with town if you've solved them so easily? Shouldn't you want to stop insulting them if you're confident and find a way to common ground? You've extended no olive branch to me, you've dismisses me, you've insulted me, yet you are calling my slot solved. This is why I believe you're full of shit this game. And now before you trot out any lame excuses about me being shit or whatever, we have a ten year relationship playing Mafia and you've solved me as town, yet you have no intention of working with me or trying to do anything to make me read you differently. I'm not just some random player here you think is trash, I'm not some newbie, I'm an experienced player who you've been in tons of games with and this is how you treat me. I just don't believe you at all this game, therefore, you are a wolf.

I think I explained in my entrance post today why I treated you differently - I had some reservations about how you started, so I egged you on a bit to get a better read. Then you started scum reading me and I started taking the piss. This is the exact consequence. Like seriously, you would never be here had I not poked you. That's also why wolves probably just pocket you straightaway

Ultra

THE BEAR
Just to be clear, nothing I've said has been a dog at your ability to play, I just think you've been bringing the weak sauce this game and I'm partial to ridicule when I'm getting suspected for bad reasons

Evans

Acclaimed
@Evans

Not going to do a big quote wall for this one, as I don’t have the time and I’m not really as sure about him as the other two, just going to post my impressions from re-reading him:

- What he got most credit for yesterday was his pushback on me. I think this is actually the most convincing part of his ISO since he looks aggressive, but nobody seemed to really address the context of where this push came from, namely:
  • Me and Evans were the two leading wagons at this point in time
  • Evans had shown some minor pushback to my questioning but the only read on me he had vocalized was town
  • He suddenly does a 180 “after further consideration” and just happens to arrive at me being scum, putting my wagon above his
In short, he was probably doing what was required of him to do. And after both our wagons dip, so does his need to push me as scum

I came around on you as town because we started to line up on Dofla and Lethal. Odo also leaning that direction on you also influenced me as he's my strongest town read. Which knowing his quality could backfire but his interactions around his early vote on me wasn't dismissive or felt like him using his weight to push an agenda, but rather him actually open to discussion.

My thoughts on you being scum I'll reiterate again, you were too ego filled talking about how good you were that you didn't present a good case or reason and any attempt at a discussion resulted in you being insulting and dismissive which did feel like you didn't care about what I had to say and you were going to keep pushing no matter what which felt like an agenda.

- He's doing *way* more than what I'm accustomed to him doing, his progressions on other players come far more rapidly than in his previous games, he frequently doubles back and assigns reads for players in agreement with him. He's a serial tunneler and isn't quite showing that behavior. He’s making lists and tossing multiple players town reads, he’s doing a lot more to be seen and heard. In basically every game I’ve seen him play, he has a handful of suspects and he spends no less than multiple days tunneling them before he gets over them, if at all. Several players have noted he’s different as well.

Just because it's what your accustomed to, doesn't mean it's true. We've been through this, you've only played a handful of games with me. You don't know me enough to talk about my meta. Yeah I often get wrapped up in tunnels but it's not all of the time. And tbf, I haven't had anything to tunnel yet

:hestonpls

- Playing positionally. By this I mean, he’s tossing town reads to players who agree with him and what thread direction he wants to take. Once he no longer had to push me to survive, he didn’t. He gives points to players who are doing things he likes, I don’t see much townsolving from him that isn’t some form of “I agree with these posts”

Town leans and reads are very different. The last sentence here is complete horseshit lol. I've made my own posts and reasonings about my town reads which have been much more than "I agree" lmao. Here's a couple of examples you seemed to miss on your readback. Is that why you didn't post my ISO?

I’d live in hope the right outcome would prevail

I think Tweet looks like he’s trying to get comfortable next to you.

Himes posts look genuine

BPD is much more passive than I remember

Not sure how I feel about Soulkiller, contradicts about criticising your play but not wanting to give any alternatives how, but it seems like a townie approach

We seem to be in the same place re: Ultra.
I liked his approach towards BPD.

And I had a feeling of Town v Town when me and him had our mini row.

- Very self aware of his thread position and other players attacking him to a degree I'm not used to. His initial response to pressure from me was to point out how I don’t know his meta and how he was busy at work, but he also went out of his way to respond to Aurelian’s name drops as well.

So, you shade me for ducking the thread and now shade me for being active? :pogba:

- His interactions around Gram are very weird. In their early back and forth, Evans confusingly insinuated that Gram must have had a “good reason for his push”. Gram also was giving me a little pushback at the same time, and Evans’ suspicion basically evaporates by the time my case rolls around. Gram credits Evans pushback and then pivots to reading me as looking worse off.

You looked worse off because your push on me was terrible and had very little content to it other than arrogance about the difference in our skill

- Is putting in more effort to secure his positions - this I think is a big one. Instead of shooting for the hip he's digging up quotes and shoring up all his cases in evidence. He clearly took a bit of time prepping that case on me. He also dug up T-Peins performance from last game, and then softened the blow with the conclusion that “it’s too obvious to be true”. He knows what impact this will have, but he’s just “putting it out there”. This is something I've done before as scum.

This is why I know you don't know my meta. I regularly dig up quotes and evidence lol. Whatever game it was where Lethal had a meltdown and just word for word copied his stuff from Christmas Mafia, I did a post by post comparison of Xmas mafia and him that game to push him. I'm not sure why this is at all shade worthy.

Ultra

THE BEAR
I came around on you as town because we started to line up on Dofla and Lethal. Odo also leaning that direction on you also influenced me as he's my strongest town read. Which knowing his quality could backfire but his interactions around his early vote on me wasn't dismissive or felt like him using his weight to push an agenda, but rather him actually open to discussion.

My thoughts on you being scum I'll reiterate again, you were too ego filled talking about how good you were that you didn't present a good case or reason and any attempt at a discussion resulted in you being insulting and dismissive which did feel like you didn't care about what I had to say and you were going to keep pushing no matter what which felt like an agenda.

Just because it's what your accustomed to, doesn't mean it's true. We've been through this, you've only played a handful of games with me. You don't know me enough to talk about my meta. Yeah I often get wrapped up in tunnels but it's not all of the time. And tbf, I haven't had anything to tunnel yet

Town leans and reads are very different. The last sentence here is complete horseshit lol. I've made my own posts and reasonings about my town reads which have been much more than "I agree" lmao. Here's a couple of examples you seemed to miss on your readback. Is that why you didn't post my ISO?

So, you shade me for ducking the thread and now shade me for being active? :pogba:

You looked worse off because your push on me was terrible and had very little content to it other than arrogance about the difference in our skill

This is why I know you don't know my meta. I regularly dig up quotes and evidence lol. Whatever game it was where Lethal had a meltdown and just word for word copied his stuff from Christmas Mafia, I did a post by post comparison of Xmas mafia and him that game to push him. I'm not sure why this is at all shade worthy.

Do you have any thoughts on anything else I've brought up

Evans

Acclaimed
Well, I have a theory

@Evans how do you read me now, and how did you read me saturday morning?

Strongest town read I have now.

Thought the vote on me was dirty on Fri but as above, didn't feel like you had an agenda when I challenged it, so a very soft lean / null.

The X

Marvelous
I think I explained in my entrance post today why I treated you differently - I had some reservations about how you started, so I egged you on a bit to get a better read. Then you started scum reading me and I started taking the piss. This is the exact consequence. Like seriously, you would never be here had I not poked you. That's also why wolves probably just pocket you straightaway
Nah, you weren't taking the piss, you were purposely being dismissive and trying to discredit me. You commenting on my posts when I was responding to others shows that. You started D2 off with me as your third strongest town read, yet you continued to insult my slot and say that I was making you have doubts. This is not the exact consequence, this is you needing to keep in line with the strategy you've decided to employ for this game. Please do tell, though, who has me pocketed me? You've said this more than once now, but I've also been weak and not going after anyone, in your words. This last sentence feels so out of place.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Nah, you weren't taking the piss, you were purposely being dismissive and trying to discredit me. You commenting on my posts when I was responding to others shows that. You started D2 off with me as your third strongest town read, yet you continued to insult my slot and say that I was making you have doubts. This is not the exact consequence, this is you needing to keep in line with the strategy you've decided to employ for this game. Please do tell, though, who has me pocketed me? You've said this more than once now, but I've also been weak and not going after anyone, in your words. This last sentence feels so out of place.

Basically you undermine me at every turn and nothing I do is taken into consideration besides what I have done to you specifically. You keep crying about how I'm not treating you in good faith but I'd actually argue I'm doing a better job than you on on this front. I can't bridge this because you won't let me, it's a waste of time discussing this.

Evans

Acclaimed
Can't say the same about you/Gram

I suggest reading this again and maybe it will!

The X

Marvelous
Basically you undermine me at every turn and nothing I do is taken into consideration besides what I have done to you specifically. You keep crying about how I'm not treating you in good faith but I'd actually argue I'm doing a better job than you on on this front. I can't bridge this because you won't let me, it's a waste of time discussing this.
Haha get the fuck out of here. You've done nothing but insult me and dismiss me and you've done a better job of treating me with good faith? I also love how you say I'm crying. Wow, you're doing a great job of bridging here.

The X

Marvelous
'Hey you wet noodle, stop fucking crying and undermining me. I've tried to be fair with you but you're such a fucking clown and useless that I can't bridge this'.

You're so full of shit, my man.

Evans

Acclaimed
@Natalija

Do you still think Dolfa is making bold statements and going for it like you think here?

Honestly I don't think he plays as "deep" as to try manipulating someone as scum. He's not that kind of player.

Ya, the Ultra tags, I saw it. I think if the thread is polarized between two players, the odds of one of them being scum is super high (but not both) and hence the team question. Everyone should choose.

He's not afraid of ridiculous voting, nor of showing he wants to axe certain players. When he's scum he just goes with the flow without making "bold" statements. You can go look at the Fairy Tail game for reference.

My impression of him so far as a player is that he doesn't want attention when he's scum - here I do not sense that in his posts.

What do you think of him?

Because, his posts this phase have not been inspiring. He's just getting caught up again with Ultra and trolling. He mentioned about looking into T-Peins scum reads before he flipped and he's not actually done it.

Can you show me where he's done the things you quoted here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back