• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Monster Hunter World Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Resplendent
its like u r working in reverse, telling me we shud stop him so he does not get himself mislynched. that dont make sense. if he got himself mislynched for talking about flavor the whole day its his fault not ours

instead how about we let him engage in it, see who else is willing to join, see how much he continues the flavor discussion versus real game discussion, see who is fake trying to stop it

this discussion we r having now started because RAEM was flavor talking. its worth asfk. probably the best thing that happened in the game so far

if this is why you wanted the discussion to continue then yes this is more fruitful.

altho i dont think anyone really engaged him in it.

TSworder

Majin
I like this post.
Can you give your thoughts once you caught up pls?
I read everything so far , I like Ultra and Tweet, their conversation kept this thread alive, they also shut down the mechanical discussion, (was stated by gram that there is no point in discussing mhw lore), but I like Reem also, someone was bound to talk mechanical stuff sooner or later, and there will be further discussions when we will get some flips.
I saw your gth read list, I dont like the town lean on Nat that much, I personally cant guess her alignment from 2 posts
Well discussions are still going on, I will form a suss list later

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
I read everything so far , I like Ultra and Tweet, their conversation kept this thread alive, they also shut down the mechanical discussion, (was stated by gram that there is no point in discussing mhw lore), but I like Reem also, someone was bound to talk mechanical stuff sooner or later, and there will be further discussions when we will get some flips.
I saw your gth read list, I dont like the town lean on Nat that much, I personally cant guess her alignment from 2 posts
Well discussions are still going on, I will form a suss list later
Please do.

Also @CraigPelton where are you at reads wise atm?

Magic

Resplendent
You compare people too much to their recent games or what you've seen in the past. Sometimes people genuinely change up how they play or approach things differently. Don't rely on that too much. Should be like a small percentage of your reads. Behavior in current game is the most reliable, who they are voting. Whether they shy away from discussion etc.

Just my opinion. I personally don't do the "He acted like X in this game so he must be X now" approach anymore. Maybe earlier on in my mafia experience. It can become a crutch.

works though on people who are literal bots and never change (maybe)
meta is life.

people are far more static than they are dynamic.

Btw outside of the flavor talk stuff I'm leaning Ekko scum for this post as well. Idk why you'd justify your actions when the point being made against you is barely worth taking seriously.

does anything else in his play ping you?

do you think ekko raised a valid point in regards to letting raem continue fluff posting to see who else decided to join in on it?
This seems to be a consistent theme among your stated reads and I gotta say I'm not sure what it's grounded in. People will respond when accused of things. In fact an accusation that's frivolous and is not a complete joke usually warrants a stronger response from me personally.
people being overly concerned about accusations can be seen as scummy. it is not frivolous as scum are more image oriented than town(for the most part), which is why often times they don't just let things slide whereas town will deem it unworthy of their time because scum are trying to prove they're town whereas town know they are town.

Magic

Resplendent
I don't town read Melkor whatsoever, but I've also come to terms with the fact that's more or less a permanent fixture of how I view his play, and coloring every one of his ten posts as scummy is a bit of an oversell, I think. Coupled with the fact that Imposter has kind of just parked his vote there I can see this coming from scum.

[Vote lynch Imposter]

are you at all aware of imposter as a player?

as in have you seen him as scum and town?

i guess i should go back and look to see if melkor did flavour hint, but your assertion is that he lied about this just to vote melkor?

Imposter

Illustrious
this is true!

hello imposter, it's a pleasure to meet you. from what i saw, people thought you were me previously!

what have you found scummy thus far?
Yeah you should probably feel a little insulted...

I'm still leaning towards Melkor/Ekko atm. Waiting for something else to jump out at me. Felt compelled to look at T-Pein's previous games but there's little to be gained from what I saw. He seems to enjoy joking around and asking who to lynch regardless of alignment. I do want to ask him though why he has the exact same opening post as he had in Fallout and Eastenders though. That's clearly intentional

Imposter

Illustrious

i guess i should go back and look to see if melkor did flavour hint, but your assertion is that he lied about this just to vote melkor?
I'll save you some time. I misunderstood his opening post. I thought he soft hinted his own flavour but he was just stating he has no knowledge of the theme apparently

Ultra

THE BEAR

He was scum in EastEnders, and in short I don't think he's incompatible with his play there no.

I think he insisted he had a gut impression that didn't actually exist and is spinning a pretty reasonable early vote into more than it is.

RÆM

Distinguished
people aren't really quick to change the faults in their scum game. if they were meta would be far less useful than it is. even being aware of the fault doesn't mean change can be expected.

in a broader sense, why is it the thing you find most worthwhile after flavour speculation is going after ekko's town read on another player in attempts to make it null?
There's a difference between criticizing how he refers to past games as a reference point in a current game and critize his town read. I did not criticize his reads, nor is it my place to say if it's right or wrong since I don't have the knowledge to know if it's an accurate assessment. I'm just speaking my mind on the meta thing.

Agree to disagree since I see it as a crutch to always refer to old games especially if you are pulling out stuff like "He didn't behave like this in Favorites 4 in 2019" Shit becomes irrelevant quickly.

If people read you for X and you are actually Y you can purposefully display X. Anyone in the flow of things is capable of that.

Magic

Resplendent
Is this our first game back together since Norse? Hi Magic
hello evans and yes it is. norse was bad times, let's not talk about bad times.

Btw on topic of the Miller, my take is that I kinda think Gram hates Millers and wouldn't put them into the game, but also that's host/setup spec which is junk science. The far better argument imo is that CP oughta know that claiming Miller as scum isn't the greatest idea so I'm leaning that he likely wouldn't do it as scum.

i dont think fake claiming miller in itself is bad scum play(especially if it isn't always in games on here), i just dont see it as a play cp makes as scum immediately. it isn't exactly impossible, but i think he knows he can do well enough by his own play to avoid doing that.

but in a sense if he's ever tracked it would make it obvious he's scum.

Even if it was a gut check, Ekko defended himself a little too much to my liking, the post he made and I quoted read to me like he was seriously apologizing and it struck me as though he was afraid of drawing too much negative attention from Magic to himself.
i dont think ekko has that paranoia of me due to ego reasons lol. i understand the point you're attempting to make, i just dont think it applies to ekko.

RÆM

Distinguished

I'm still leaning towards Melkor/Ekko atm. Waiting for something else to jump out at me. Felt compelled to look at T-Pein's previous games but there's little to be gained from what I saw. He seems to enjoy joking around and asking who to lynch regardless of alignment. I do want to ask him though why he has the exact same opening post as he had in Fallout and Eastenders though. That's clearly intentional
That would be a good day 1 then.,

Magic

Resplendent
You can take a breather Magic, I'm town. Why don't you sit back and pour me an ice tea or something and show you how it's done?

id appreciate it if scum could let me live and i'll show everyone how it's done.

or maybe i can be protected some time or another. that would be swell!

Ultra

THE BEAR

He was Scum and Town respectively in those games. Why is this at all informative or substantial?

Magic

Resplendent
Why do you want to know my character?

I've played a lot of ck3 already but haven't tried the GOT mod yet, was thinking I'd give it time to get polished up etc

because formalities.

if i don't ask you then x player will say "why do i have to claim if cp didn't claim character". And then it snowballs into people that think not claiming is the right move. id love to avoid that. "but magic this isn't similar to that at all", i've seen it enough times to know it is.

also is there any reason to withhold character?

RÆM

Distinguished
Yeah I found it weird reading this morning that Pelton was hesitant to give his flavor.
Your a miller why not just give you monster on top of it?

Kind of secretive. Though still see him as town for the time being just on principle of the miller claim.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
because formalities.

if i don't ask you then x player will say "why do i have to claim if cp didn't claim character". And then it snowballs into people that think not claiming is the right move. id love to avoid that. "but magic this isn't similar to that at all", i've seen it enough times to know it is.

also is there any reason to withhold character?
I'd rather keep scum guessing about my character, you've already said how certain you are I wouldn't claim it as scum and most people seem to agree so I see no reason to put additional info out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back