• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Monster Hunter World Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
do u have better line of questions at the moment? atleast RAEM was going for some form of discussion, i see no merit in just cutting it halfway thro
The OP basically says that flavor spec is completely pointless and I know for a fact that Gram even goes beyond that and loves to take measures to actively punish flavor spec, so imo cutting off that line of thought is the best thing we could go for

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
?

You don't see the merit in taking useless discussion off the table?
i don't see it as useless no, if anything helped me read RAEM as town

thats a start

its easy content to just shut down a player discussing flavor without proposing an alternative

lean scum on imposter

Ultra

THE BEAR
I tell you that I'm watching out for your interpretation of my play or lack of play around you and you just go "meh"

Looks to me like you would've been content leaving things at "meh" tbh

There's only so much I can possibly extract from a non-answer. You declined having a discussion on your read on me and insisted I read you based on literally nothing

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
There's only so much I can possibly extract from a non-answer. You declined having a discussion on your read on me and insisted I read you based on literally nothing
I declined giving you a read on your time

And you're still free to read me based on whatever you like

I'm just saying that the way you choose to interpret the fact that I ignored your silly little reaction test vote may or may not shape my read of you

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
The OP basically says that flavor spec is completely pointless and I know for a fact that Gram even goes beyond that and loves to take measures to actively punish flavor spec, so imo cutting off that line of thought is the best thing we could go for
the line of thought itself is likely going to lead us at exactly nowhere flavorwise but u could glean alignment from him or people reacting to it imo. its better to keep it going for a bit and see where it goes rather than cut it short

Ultra

THE BEAR
I declined giving you a read on your time

And you're still free to read me based on whatever you like

I'm just saying that the way you choose to interpret the fact that I ignored your silly little reaction test vote may or may not shape my read of you

This is stupid.

I clocked that you weren't interested in my SOD vote, I took your nonresponse and asked a follow up question to help me get a better read of you, you've declined, and now we're here, and you're super vaguely implying I'm suspect for dropping a conversation that never even existed in the first place. I'm not even sure what the fuck you're even talking about

Imposter

Illustrious
i don't see it as useless no, if anything helped me read RAEM as town

thats a start

its easy content to just shut down a player discussing flavor without proposing an alternative

lean scum on imposter
Go ahead and explain the town read.
If you were paying attention, you'd see I've currently got an alternative too. Perhaps you'd care to comment on Melkor?
It is absolutely pointless to flavour hunt and speculate on characters in a game like this. Sure do it for fun but no use looking any further than that. Your question re the Miller was along the same lines. Not sure why you wouldn't just ask CP for his character if you thought it mattered
I'll highlight the important bits for you

- I have FITZproofed the game - there are deliberate inconsistencies entered into the kind of flavour provided, the construction of role PMs, whether I've used gifs or images etc. Don't hunt on this basis, you will get burned.
- In a similar vein, certain characters have roles that match them, and certain characters do not. Again, this is a deliberate measure designed to punish flavour speccing. This game is not a test of your ability to read a wiki!
- Setup spec will only get you so far. I have strived for what I consider to be a balanced and fair contest, but beyond that you spec at your own risk.
- Fakes of an indeterminate quality have been provided to any hostile players and/or factions that need them.​

Ultra

THE BEAR
the line of thought itself is likely going to lead us at exactly nowhere flavorwise but u could glean alignment from him or people reacting to it imo. its better to keep it going for a bit and see where it goes rather than cut it short

Even if you could glean information from useless discussion, it stands to reason you could gain more from not useless discussion so I'm not really seeing your point here.

Especially since Imposter was just making a neutral observation and didn't even really shade RAEM for it.

RÆM

Distinguished
I wasn't going to use game lore to solve the game, at the end of the game we have to figure those things out from what is being said etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back