• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Monster Hunter World Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poyser

i haven't played with doc in half a decade and you expect me to remember he can read you well and correlate that with forcing a read on you? you honestly think this is something i'd pick up on?
Yes, and this is you doing that thing you've referenced before where you have to pretend you're not as attentive as you actually are when you're scum

I do think you'd remember that doc has a good history of reading me. Its been referenced plenty of times. You were in the games AND you've been in discussions where it was referenced on discord lol. Not that thats important, but all it takes is a vague recollection that he was good at reading me, and then realising that HE would obviously remember that (he even referenced it in the post im referring to, so theres no excuse for missing it) and if HE remembers it then as scum, he would obviously feel pressured to give some read on me one way or the other, and yet he outright refused and just called me null.

But mostly this is at odds with how you usually operate. You've made no effort to try and find doc as town, you just called him underwhelming with no further insight. You put the onus on him to prove that he's town rather than trying to figure it out yourself, which is the opposite of how you usually operate

Magic

Resplendent
Oh just got to the part where evans outed his role for almost no reason :bosque1:

Town read was redundant but we go again!

you were literally scum reading him and it just so happens you got a town read on him after he did something stupid to make him look town and now you're new-found town read is redundant!

Imposter

Illustrious
So I read 3 days worth of Aurelian posts in the traitors game and not once did he base who he wants to lynch on who is "most relevant to resolve others" or who would glean the most info.... Closest I could find was this:

Which isnt really close at all, because in that post he put lots of thought into who he wanted to lynch, and what he would get from her (psychic's) flip either way and also had a litany of reasons for why he thought she was scum anyway.

Guess what else he never did in the traitors? Produce a lynch pool that included town reads of his :bosque1:

Idk I feel like the best play here is probably lynching tpein, but i really do think I've got him here
Like my issue here is this is such an odd, specific thing for anyone to do. The fact he's not done it before as Town isn't a huge surprise to me, as strange as I agree his logic is. Has he done this same thing before as scum or are you just saying he's struggling for content so pulling something like this out of his ass, as you claim he does as scum? I'd guess that's it which I suppose is an argument you're entitled to make but as Magic alluded to it could just as easily be bad Town

Poyser

Oh yeah speaking of Flower:

- say I'm not feeling her town in day 1
- agree with Poyser she doesn't look townie with her tone and behavior in day 2
- somehow he accuses me of not wanting to discuss her?
yes because despite saying that, you just had her null and havent tried to lynch her at all nor put any thought into whether or not we are likely to be aligned
kek

Poyser

you were literally scum reading him and it just so happens you got a town read on him after he did something stupid to make him look town and now you're new-found town read is redundant!
i gave my reason for reading him town whilst i was posting whilst catching up... then later saw he'd outed himself and it didnt matter anyway lmao

could always try reading the thread

kek

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
I just don't see how there's anywhere near enough there with flower to expect to get her lynched, and you're not exactly dialing up the pressure on her or anything

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
bro when we entered the main scum chat you had already posted like 10 things that were verifiably false lol, don't throw stones
This is verifiably wrong
When we were trying to find our scummates I was 50/50 on T-Pein being a teammate and correctly knew Alco was probably town and Tweet was, unless your talking about AFTER we merged with the main scum team then I don't take shit because Fuji and Prof were hyper spamming the convo chat with possible tactics and shit to mess up town more and I couldn't keep up with it and EVEN YOU were complaining about the same thing I was
yes because despite saying that, you just had her null and havent tried to lynch her at all nor put any thought into whether or not we are likely to be aligned
kek
I said I don't feel she's town, how do you translate that as "not wanting to lynch her" because I was focused on you and Ekko

Poyser

Like my issue here is this is such an odd, specific thing for anyone to do. The fact he's not done it before as Town isn't a huge surprise to me, as strange as I agree his logic is. Has he done this same thing before as scum or are you just saying he's struggling for content so pulling something like this out of his ass, as you claim he does as scum? I'd guess that's it which I suppose is an argument you're entitled to make but as Magic alluded to it could just as easily be bad Town
Yes, its a direct correlation to the fact that hes struggling for content lol

He cant give reasons for thinking these people are scum, so he just says well these guys lynches will be the most informative, so they should be the lynch pool. even includes his town reads?? its very similar to how, as scum, he got caught last time because he couldnt think of actual things to push, so he just started talking about players being inactive. he just focuses on generic, mechanical stuff as scum such as activity, which this "informative lynch" is also a byproduct of. he literally just says the active players would be the most informative lol. as town he doesnt have any problem whatsoever in giving his thoughts on everything thats happening in the game, and trying to talk to all players etc

hes never done anything even like this as town lol

Magic

Resplendent
Yes, and this is you doing that thing you've referenced before where you have to pretend you're not as attentive as you actually are when you're scum

I do think you'd remember that doc has a good history of reading me. Its been referenced plenty of times. You were in the games AND you've been in discussions where it was referenced on discord lol. Not that thats important, but all it takes is a vague recollection that he was good at reading me, and then realising that HE would obviously remember that (he even referenced it in the post im referring to, so theres no excuse for missing it) and if HE remembers it then as scum, he would obviously feel pressured to give some read on me one way or the other, and yet he outright refused and just called me null.

But mostly this is at odds with how you usually operate. You've made no effort to try and find doc as town, you just called him underwhelming with no further insight. You put the onus on him to prove that he's town rather than trying to figure it out yourself, which is the opposite of how you usually operate
breh it's been half a decade. this has nothing to do with being attentive. it's not something that sticks in my mind.

i also disagree with me being at odds with how i operate. i don't do direct interactions with everyone and i see how people play out on their own without any interjection. if i ask doc guiding questions it will be easier for him to create content. the only value that would serve is doc if he's scum.

Imposter

Illustrious
did his re-entry make you more or less sus on him or no change?
Which one? I think I missed it whichever of them it was. I can check
what about my reasoning for magic case wrings hollow? i dont remember you saying this earlier. i think you just said you disagreed but saw townie motivation in it or something. what do you disagree with that ive said about magic?
IIRC it was that I felt there were pretty simple explanations to each of the points you made on him. I 'd go back and check but I've already got a thousand tabs open. I don't know how y'all still do this. Need a post cap or something

Poyser

breh it's been half a decade. this has nothing to do with being attentive. it's not something that sticks in my mind.

i also disagree with me being at odds with how i operate. i don't do direct interactions with everyone and i see how people play out on their own without any interjection. if i ask doc guiding questions it will be easier for him to create content. the only value that would serve is doc if he's scum.
but you did interject, as you told him he was being underwhelming

Magic

Resplendent
csrWOc9.png

Poyser

Which one? I think I missed it whichever of them it was. I can check

IIRC it was that I felt there were pretty simple explanations to each of the points you made on him. I 'd go back and check but I've already got a thousand tabs open. I don't know how y'all still do this. Need a post cap or something
i mean its magic lol, i dont know why you'd be expecting some kind of slam dunk

Magic

Resplendent
that posted weird, but you were literally apart of this discussion where we talked about my memory eroding. that isn't to say i forget meta, but specific shit like that is ridiculous to say i should have remembered and the fact i didn't means im scummy.

Magic

Resplendent
but you did interject, as you told him he was being underwhelming
correct.

that means he'll create content on his own to see the quality of.

by interject i mean i won't ask him, "hey what do you think of x player or x situation or x interaction" because then he will have the content given to him to create from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back