• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Monster Hunter World Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
alco killing hime for us was the turning point tbh

if alco killed say poyser in that night then we r fuked lol

im glad poyser was able to find and lynch magic the day before last. i was losing hope and started to think it was ultra/aurelian and wanted to lynch ultra first to verify

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Top, top game, great setup and great hosting @Grammaton

Well done to @Hans Tweetenberg for clutching the final phase and an overall very solid game! Given how all over the place Aurelian was with his posts and how much trolling Ekko did all game I can certainly understand the paranoia around their slots even if I did have them both as solidly town. For once this type of play didn't end up costing town the win, hurray!

As for what happened n4, I was going to JK Ultra to clear him from being the SK but decided to go with Ekko instead since I thought he was a likely target for both the Mafia and SK and figured keeping our numbers up was most important at that junkture. Mafia having a gravedug bus driver in their arsenal was a real fingernail in the meatus. >.< I did not think I was in danger of dying that night and was hoping to get another chance to solve following the Flower info that the Evans quicklynch robbed me of.

I should've been more vocal in telling people not to vote anyone until we finished mass claim and Evans made an appearance. I think that definitely put the town win in more jeopardy than it perhaps otherwise would have been in.

Regarding the modkill talk, I really don't think there were grounds for any modkills, and if we were going to apply the rule severely and consistently then I think Magic would've been modkilled first, which would have likely meant that the other supposed modkillable offenses might never have happened anyway. I don't think mafia have much of a case to argue here, not that anyone outside of @Flower seems to think they do. Hope she changes her mind and comes back to play, I think it's harsh to really blame her for the mafia loss given she was caught with info and wasn't a huge suspect throughout the game or anything. POE fodder for sure though, so good job to @Evans for picking her out as a track target!

This game certainly lived up to the billing and then some and was worth the wait! On to the next one!

Magic

Resplendent
Top, top game, great setup and great hosting @Grammaton

Well done to @Hans Tweetenberg for clutching the final phase and an overall very solid game! Given how all over the place Aurelian was with his posts and how much trolling Ekko did all game I can certainly understand the paranoia around their slots even if I did have them both as solidly town. For once this type of play didn't end up costing town the win, hurray!

As for what happened n4, I was going to JK Ultra to clear him from being the SK but decided to go with Ekko instead since I thought he was a likely target for both the Mafia and SK and figured keeping our numbers up was most important at that junkture. Mafia having a gravedug bus driver in their arsenal was a real fingernail in the meatus. >.< I did not think I was in danger of dying that night and was hoping to get another chance to solve following the Flower info that the Evans quicklynch robbed me of.

I should've been more vocal in telling people not to vote anyone until we finished mass claim and Evans made an appearance. I think that definitely put the town win in more jeopardy than it perhaps otherwise would have been in.

Regarding the modkill talk, I really don't think there were grounds for any modkills, and if we were going to apply the rule severely and consistently then I think Magic would've been modkilled first, which would have likely meant that the other supposed modkillable offenses might never have happened anyway. I don't think mafia have much of a case to argue here, not that anyone outside of @Flower seems to think they do. Hope she changes her mind and comes back to play, I think it's harsh to really blame her for the mafia loss given she was caught with info and wasn't a huge suspect throughout the game or anything. POE fodder for sure though, so good job to @Evans for picking her out as a track target!

This game certainly lived up to the billing and then some and was worth the wait! On to the next one!
@Ultra but they told us we were dumb to have flower do the kill due to the hindsight bias of her being caught despite this being the exact fear lol.

in regards to the mod kills and the retirement stuff i agree. in regards to lack of modkills i dont believe any should have happened this game but i hate them out of principle. for future games i stand by not allowing players from using mod communication and stating in thread. that is out of game content that shouldn't be brought into the game. not using host communication was a rule in the past(might even be a rule in this game) and there was a lot of that in my final phase and it did influence the gam.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
@Ultra but they told us we were dumb to have flower do the kill due to the hindsight bias of her being caught despite this being the exact fear lol.

in regards to the mod kills and the retirement stuff i agree. in regards to lack of modkills i dont believe any should have happened this game but i hate them out of principle. for future games i stand by not allowing players from using mod communication and stating in thread. that is out of game content that shouldn't be brought into the game. not using host communication was a rule in the past(might even be a rule in this game) and there was a lot of that in my final phase and it did influence the gam.
I agree but the host communication stuff has been in basically every game on this forum. Seems like there's always something about role PMs or a player's understanding of their role PM that has needed clearing up. Personally I don't like it and don't think I've partaken in it, but yeah we haven't had a rule against it to this point. Ideally the role PMs are written as unambiguously as possible and any questions can be answered with "Read your role PM", but it's not easy to anticipate how someone is going to interpret things. What seems obviously unambiguous to one person isn't necessarily for another. The other side of it is that even if players do get things clarified regarding their role PM, they should probably just not mention that the clarification came directly from the host? Idk.

Ultra

THE BEAR
I agree but the host communication stuff has been in basically every game on this forum. Seems like there's always something about role PMs or a player's understanding of their role PM that has needed clearing up. Personally I don't like it and don't think I've partaken in it, but yeah we haven't had a rule against it to this point. Ideally the role PMs are written as unambiguously as possible and any questions can be answered with "Read your role PM", but it's not easy to anticipate how someone is going to interpret things. What seems obviously unambiguous to one person isn't necessarily for another. The other side of it is that even if players do get things clarified regarding their role PM, they should probably just not mention that the clarification came directly from the host? Idk.

The only thing that pains me is when certain players say shit like *clears throat* "Aktually I submitted my action at exactly 7:24 o'clock so there's no way I could have done xyz" is stupid and amounts to self imposed angleshooting rather than just confusion

hime

Exceptional
Pronouns
She/Her
Ty for the game @Grammaton
it was sooo close
Congrats on the first win @town

Especially @Ekkologix and @Hans Tweetenberg there at the end for the ultra lynch
I would 100% lynch aurelian in that position cuz of the missing rb results so really well played in being able to see beyond that XD

@CraigPelton and @Poyser
U guys played super well throughout the game!
the arguments u made and how u guys led the thread was really cool
very much scared me as scum 🙇‍♀️

@Psychic
pls pls pls continue playing like this, absolute queen
Ik we weren't aligned here but holy shit u were catching onto scum left and right, i genuinely enjoyed seeing that

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
The only thing that pains me is when certain players say shit like *clears throat* "Aktually I submitted my action at exactly 7:24 o'clock so there's no way I could have done xyz" is stupid and amounts to self imposed angleshooting rather than just confusion

^and for reference it definitely did make an impact on the game and reads. this is lylo, that isn't kosher.
I'm fine with having a rule against it but there's no reason he couldn't be lying about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back