Monster Hunter World Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
The "I have to do this or I'll look bad later" was the justification I suspected y'all were going for as I said at the time, but it didn't make sense in the context of the game.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
im not really falling but i dont see why you dont think town can make an error in thinking someone's claiming their role and then to counterclaim? if done correctly that comes across fine.

it's similar to how evans claimed and should have cleared him, but we view things differently in general i feel(from a town point of view) is what it boils down to.
Town can. Maybe from some players that would've been a believable moment, but hime feels like a smarter, more competent cookie than that to me based on her other posts in the game.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
im not really falling but i dont see why you dont think town can make an error in thinking someone's claiming their role and then to counterclaim? if done correctly that comes across fine.

it's similar to how evans claimed and should have cleared him, but we view things differently in general i feel(from a town point of view) is what it boils down to.
It was more believable from Evans because he clearly had tunnel vision on Ekko, but I also didn't totally believe that either as I had him as scum anyway because his posts were so self-contradictory and I guess I didn't have a good memory on how logically consistent he is as town.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Town can. Maybe from some players that would've been a believable moment, but hime feels like a smarter, more competent cookie than that to me based on her other posts in the game.
For example when I was trying to lynch Psychic hime made a lot of good points in her defense that helped move me off of that trail. Scum were very generous to town this game in a lot of ways lol.

Magic

Resplendent
The "I have to do this or I'll look bad later" was the justification I suspected y'all were going for as I said at the time, but it didn't make sense in the context of the game.
let me break this down as:

You should express doubt in his claim hime since you're also a protective role. Ekko is the jailkeeper
^this is what i said in the scum qt at 2:47pm.

which led to:
huh????
full claim now. I have reason to doubt this.
this at 4:28pm

which has made me realize i was gaslit as i didn't actually tell hime to do any of this. i wasn't clear, but i said "express doubt" and she in with demanding a claim/counter claiming. i just thought it was my idea as hime said it was.

@hime did i tell you to do this before in the chat because you said this was my idea and i just believed you. >:(

Grammaton

Consigliere
Not to be defensive cause I honestly don’t mind critique or owning mistakes, but I do think the notion town had ‘too many power roles’ is a bit of a red herring

Let’s say I gave you the tracker (so a role tracker) - are you telling me you wouldn’t have a complaint based on the usual expectation of one town, one scum with the watcher/tracker?

I think a good player drawing the miller/jk is obviously rough and I think I’d alter that to make the millers second role something completely standalone - but I don’t think this was anything like as uphill as you described, especially as if you look in the scum qt, there isn’t a single post talking about crafting any fakes, it’s basically ‘fuck it I’ll claim VT’

Magic

Resplendent
Not to be defensive cause I honestly don’t mind critique or owning mistakes, but I do think the notion town had ‘too many power roles’ is a bit of a red herring

Let’s say I gave you the tracker (so a role tracker) - are you telling me you wouldn’t have a complaint based on the usual expectation of one town, one scum with the watcher/tracker?

I think a good player drawing the miller/jk is obviously rough and I think I’d alter that to make the millers second role something completely standalone - but I don’t think this was anything like as uphill as you described, especially as if you look in the scum qt, there isn’t a single post talking about crafting any fakes, it’s basically ‘fuck it I’ll claim VT’

while we wouldn't have more claimable roles, it's one less role to worry about. the night flower got caught we had a 3-shot watcher, 3 shot tracker, and non-consecutive jailkeeper in play. even with a 2-shot busdriver and roleblocker it means we can't ever all grounds there. you said going for the cop doomed us when in reality we need to remove him at some point anyway and that was the best time to do it.

again i think it mostly comes down to the janitor not landing as that in itself helps cause doubt.

Grammaton

Consigliere
I do agree that the janitor not landing makes life difficult - as I said before I’ll probably adjust that going forward as a QoL change for scum

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor

My feedback is just based on how it played out not the setup. The failed janitor killed us. Players just blurted mass claim on Day 3 and we're promptly rewarded. I think it was mostly rough because of the lack of janitor and no room for claims on our end that would have put some of these claims into PoE.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
Also, I hate millers. I hate what their inclusion has become and I don't plan on putting one in any of my games just because it's either a free town read, or the occasional gambit mafia can go for, but rarely do in practice because they can ger counterclaimed. So it becomes much stronger than what it's meant to be

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Bottom line should be to run claims and shit by your team.
actually my policy as mafia is different. i let the team do as they like as it comes off most genuine and least forced

like i always tell my team think we dont exist and play to find a second mafia team or something

in terms of actions. i just have every player individually send out the actions he/she thinks work best for him as town. if they r inactive i either abstain their action or send it for them strictly by meta (aka if im teammate with an inactive cp who is a jailer... id just have him default jail magic or poyser regardless of alignement)

i don't really like coaching much as it comes more unnatural.

as for hime... i didnt think she was coached into it cuz she claimed similarly in fairy tail lol. wasnt a counter claim but a straight claim out of nowhere

Magic

Resplendent
actually my policy as mafia is different. i let the team do as they like as it comes off most genuine and least forced

like i always tell my team think we dont exist and play to find a second mafia team or something

in terms of actions. i just have every player individually send out the actions he/she thinks work best for him as town. if they r inactive i either abstain their action or send it for them strictly by meta (aka if im teammate with an inactive cp who is a jailer... id just have him default jail magic or poyser regardless of alignement)

i don't really like coaching much as it comes more unnatural.

as for hime... i didnt think she was coached into it cuz she claimed similarly in fairy tail lol. wasnt a counter claim but a straight claim out of nowhere

i was told i coached her into counter claiming and i took it for face value and then i read the scum qt and i was lied to and didn't suggest doing what she did. >:(

Natalija

Divine Departure
i was told i coached her into counter claiming and i took it for face value and then i read the thread and i was lied to and didn't suggest doing what she did. >:(
Haha cause they all kept asking you what to do, bit confused to see that since they're all veterans :dead

You spent a lot of time and effort there, gg

Emil

V.I.P. Member
tbh im more fan of mafia lying than being spoon fed claims

it even feels much better when u get away with it

like claim graverobber and say u got lethals gunsmith and found out that alco has a gun

i live for shit like that but i respect people playing safe i guess

Magic

Resplendent
Haha cause they all kept asking you what to do, bit confused to see that since they're all veterans :dead

You spent a lot of time and effort there, gg

ya again im not sure if i made them feel this way or how i made them feel this way, but they didn't need to run it past me(or ultra). i legitimately just wanted them to post for the most part.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
i read the mafia chat and that was a play that could be made to get alco lynched and frame him as mafia i guess by having one of u say he had a gun, or say u got raem's role and found out he is guilty

also mafia had steam burst ability. why not use that to make cops/tracker/watcher abstain for a night. gives u more time to find them

i assume it cucks the rolecop too but it was worth by stopping town roles. u knew there had to be atleast tracker and cop given that Evans claimed and that flower is godfather (so cop exists)

Emil

V.I.P. Member
i think mafia played well in thread but not very optimally with night actions imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back