Game Ranked My Hero Academia Mafia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Resplendent
While I don't believe this was a decisive factor in the result of the game, I would regard balancing the game around the player list as an extremely poor practice.
I mean it wasn't heavily influencing the balance of the game but it took a part in it when balancing.

The replacements won the game and without them I could see scum winning even with this setup. I think it's a dire point.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
A disclaimer for what?
Since it was relevant-
Ex.; Recruits being in the game (as an example that comes to mind first)

Things like borderline bastard elements - although I'll leave this up to Poy & Gram's judgement on what constitutes as such. Someone wanting to host should work with them on why it should be part of the setup and get help to fit it in ranked structurally.
This is just imo.

If it's ranked (fairly sure we actually discussed this a while back where the compromise for ranked was disclosures), transparency about curve balls should be required or enunciated on in the signups threads. That way no one is blindsided.

unranked IDC, people can host closed set up games and put in as many bastard elements as they want without warning anyone in there. It's experimental so people can go nuts. I need to do a CoC for it

Rugrat

Caldust
I think fake claim being a skill extends to role tho, not flavour. Crafting fake flavour for a theme you don’t know really sucks. Cant stand it
I wasn’t arguing flavour at all, don't think I mentioned that. Just role.

As a host, I give a synopsis and help teams with creating flavour to match what they choose to claim.

Rugrat

Caldust
Scum win 3/4 times because there is an attitude with certain players holding a certain kind of mindset that makes it more abundantly evident that if player A makes a mistake about their role or abilities then players B and C will lynch them thinking their mafia or a hostile indy

This is happened in so many games
This may be one factor but it’s not the only factor. “Certain players letting the team down” isn’t something I fully subscribe to as an isolating factor either as Ultra banned Polar, Pein and Orca from his game and scum still won.
No true gripes

Keep it ranked

@ anyone: Just in the future for anyone hosting ranked: you must have a disclaimer or something -- people deserve to know what they signed up for

It needs to be a transparent part of the solving process in ranked

(Not you magic, people know what to expect from you)

(not to mention more info is withheld from town as it gives town a disadvantage; gives a fun and entertaining puzzle but makes the odds of the town win pretty slim imho)
This would create a ton of WIFOM and spec. Plus a lot of problems over where the line on “transparency” is drawn.

People can decide whether they think someone is a good host or not and choose to sign up based on that. If they think the host is too inexperienced or a loose cannon, they can suggest a co-host or wait until a host of their choosing plays.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
This may be one factor but it’s not the only factor. “Certain players letting the team down” isn’t something I fully subscribe to as an isolating factor either as Ultra banned Polar, Pein and Orca from his game and scum still won.

This would create a ton of WIFOM and spec. Plus a lot of problems over where the line on “transparency” is drawn.

People can decide whether they think someone is a good host or not and choose to sign up based on that. If they think the host is too inexperienced or a loose cannon, they can suggest a co-host or wait until a host of their choosing plays.
Like I said, it's up to Gram & Poy on whether they want to do my disclosure idea or not; theres no actual enforcement happening so NW

I'm biased because I see a lot of players from WG complaining about setup despite knowing full well how the host operates. If there's a disclaimer or clear "oh btw this game is X, fuck off if you don't want to play on this level of spicy"
Ultimately yes it's up to host discretion ofc

I just don't trust people to not be need to be spoonfed with this stuff and the amount of "this sucked no one told me" is something I want to prevent as much as possible
I always thought it was silly people complain about bastard stuff and then sign up for a Fuji game
Go away, hosts work hard, that's a (proverbial) you problem, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back