Game Ranked My Hero Academia Mafia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Marvelous
Scum win all the time and full fakes have never been guaranteed in the mafia games I’ve played.

If there are measures we can take to reduce scum winning we should take them. Fake claiming in and of itself is a skill. Especially since most games have janitors so a lot of games can’t just come down to mass claim.
Nobody needs full fakes, just don't want to be advised a fake that is going to be breadcrumbed as the mafia godfather before I've claimed it. Ostensibly just sets you up to fail and was lucky I didn't claim it prior. Hence why I pivoted to peaking cop under the assumption there wouldn't be one given our low numbers and lack of godfather. Obviously that was a mistake as a hider flipped after that and a joat cop claimed.

Rugrat

Caldust
Nobody needs full fakes, just don't want to be advised a fake that is going to be breadcrumbed as the mafia godfather before I've claimed it. Ostensibly just sets you up to fail and was lucky I didn't claim it prior. Hence why I pivoted to peaking cop under the assumption there wouldn't be one given our low numbers and lack of godfather. Obviously that was a mistake as a hider flipped after that and a joat cop claimed.
I was just giving my thoughts on full fakes broadly. I’ve not read the scum QT and don’t know your situation, so won’t comment as you stating you were misled by your fake is a bit different.

Magic

Resplendent
Jailkeeper being a full role was thenwoest mistake
You

Didn't

Try

My

Fake

You got spooked by flower. My role idea fit the God damn girl.

There was also role overlap all over the thread. This is said in the opening message.

The stuff meant to punish spec did that.

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
@Dr. Watson @Ral Can someone fix my PM font please. Ever since my name was changed I think it's been wrong. Looks like it has been defaulted to "Book Antiqua". Not sure what the default is, couldn't match it on the font selector. Fact Variable maybe?

Reactions: Ral

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Scum win all the time and full fakes have never been guaranteed in the mafia games I’ve played.

If there are measures we can take to reduce scum winning we should take them. Fake claiming in and of itself is a skill. Especially since most games have janitors so a lot of games can’t just come down to mass claim.
Scum win 3/4 times because there is an attitude with certain players holding a certain kind of mindset that makes it more abundantly evident that if player A makes a mistake about their role or abilities then players B and C will lynch them thinking their mafia or a hostile indy

This is happened in so many games

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
@Dr. Watson @Ral Can someone fix my PM font please. Ever since my name was changed I think it's been wrong. Looks like it has been defaulted to "Book Antiqua". Not sure what the default is, couldn't match it on the font selector. Fact Variable maybe?
I can also give you the benefit of changing your username to Pretty Princess Ratchet in sparkling teal, pink, and lavender for a username effect if you like

• LULZ
Reactions: Ral

Magic

Resplendent
Scum win 3/4 times because there is an attitude with certain players holding a certain kind of mindset that makes it more abundantly evident that if player A makes a mistake about their role or abilities then players B and C will lynch them thinking their mafia or a hostile indy

This is happened in so many games

Then why does player A keep fucking up something that should be simple lol

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
I can also give you the benefit of changing your username to Pretty Princess Ratchet in sparkling teal, pink, and lavender for a username effect if you like
I'll settle for just fixing the font thanks. It's really weird - in the text editor the font appears as normal, I turn off bbcode to see if there is anything stuck there and there is nothing, but when I post the font gets changed to that. I have to imagine it's some sort of rule that changes the font type I use in PMs, as admin you can probably see all that stuff right?

Poyser

I think fake claim being a skill extends to role tho, not flavour. Crafting fake flavour for a theme you don’t know really sucks. Cant stand it

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I'll settle for just fixing the font thanks. It's really weird - in the text editor the font appears as normal, I turn off bbcode to see if there is anything stuck there and there is nothing, but when I post the font gets changed to that. I have to imagine it's some sort of rule that changes the font type I use in PMs, as admin you can probably see all that stuff right?
@Ral

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Nibel fucking up his claim fucked gad.

I'm more in agreement with ultra not sussing gad than I am those that did (except recent phases with poe)

Full.jailkeeper was a mistake due to ratchet's role but that was good usage

Also poyser/ratchet/ultra all said they weren't playing and so I did somewhat balance for weaker players before they all dipped and no time tier all played
While I don't believe this was a decisive factor in the result of the game, I would regard balancing the game around the player list as an extremely poor practice.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
But ya I'd appreciate some unbiased feedback from folks that don't just care about the ladder if they think this should be switched to unranked.

Apologies for the shit hosting and oversight on some roles. You can whine at me if you'd like, I'm aware of it.
No true gripes

Keep it ranked

@ anyone: Just in the future for anyone hosting ranked: you must have a disclaimer or something -- people deserve to know what they signed up for

It needs to be a transparent part of the solving process in ranked

(Not you magic, people know what to expect from you)

(not to mention more info is withheld from town as it gives town a disadvantage; gives a fun and entertaining puzzle but makes the odds of the town win pretty slim imho)

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Do feel bad for scum tbf. Under numbered and under powered

…..

Gimme my 3 points
I think Haza did really well considering how events unfolded - he tried so hard to hold us afloat, it was hard to watch after Craig went down in flames.

however this game I think it was a misstep to bus Reloaded and we should've strategized a way to divert it at all costs. If I had the time Relo and I might've made this work as we've done it before successfully. Otherwise we did what we could with the time we had and the position we were in. I should've tried harder regardless but the timing was just so awkward. Town did amazing!!

(I get relo was also a goner in reality, I'm just focusing on what ifs, I just let Craig and Haza take the wheel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back